ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:36 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by luv:

Adventures In Babysitting (1987): "Don't **** with the babysitter!"
"That's not a kitten, that's a jumbo sewer rat."
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:36 PM 08-25-2019
I was just thinking of Critters today haven't seen it for long time
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:53 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977). I think I saw it on HBO when I first got that channel in 1979. Stars Diane Keaton as a schoolteacher who cruises bars looking for violent sex. Also stars an unknown Tom Berenger and Richard Gere, who I believe was also unknown at the time, but if IRC Gere was her last encounter. I've never seen it on TV or any premium channel. I think either Gere or Keaton has somehow managed to keep it from being shown. I remember it was really good and really shocking, kind of like Al Pacino was shocking in "Cruising".

I'm old enough I remember seeing that at the theater and yes what an ending.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:54 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Can't believe I didn't think of this first. Ladies and gents, I give you, "The Warriors" movie trailer:

I just watched that again this last year ended up buying the soundtrack too.
[Reply]
Groves 07:59 PM 08-25-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:43 PM 08-25-2019
i don't know how many times i've seen this growing up? i think it was on WGN or TBS? but here is THE BEASTMASTER

[Reply]
scho63 10:29 AM 08-26-2019
2 Days in the Valley was awesome as well-made 22 or 23 years ago
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:01 AM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Buffalo '66'. The bowling alley scene.
Vincent Gallo indulges his fondness for prog rock and uses King Crimson's "Moonchild" as the music in that scene.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:09 AM 08-26-2019
I watched three yesterday that I have seen in I don’t know how long: The Eagle Has Landed, A Bridge Too Far and Saving Private Ryan. I wasn’t planning a WWII movie marathon, it just kind of worked out that way. I did get me to thinking of another which I know I haven’t seen since I was a kid and that is Empire of the Sun.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:21 AM 08-26-2019
Somebody mentioned To Live And Die In LA here recently. That's a fantastic movie that I haven't watched in forever. Great performances all around, plus one of the greatest car chases of all time.

I also haven't seen Real Genius for a long time. My best friend, who has a physics PhD, told me that was the most realistic portrayal of what graduate school was really like.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:41 AM 08-26-2019
Silverstreak, hell I named a cat after it.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:03 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Somebody mentioned To Live And Die In LA here recently. That's a fantastic movie that I haven't watched in forever. Great performances all around, plus one of the greatest car chases of all time.
I mentioned To Live and Die in LA in the Mindhunters Netflex thread when I brought up the film Manhunter was a prequel to Silence of the Lambs. I said if you like William Petersen in that film, watch his next film To Live and Die. You're right, that has a great car chase scene, who would of ever thought of going backwards on the interstate. However, the film suffers with one flaw, the same flaw that was in No Country for Old Men, I won't spoil it for others.

Originally Posted by :
Silverstreak, hell I named a cat after it.
When I saw Silverstreak, I did something I had never done before, went to the same theater and watched it for a second time about a week later. That was about 1976, Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor best film. The next with them was Stir Crazy, not near as good.
[Reply]
Otter 03:15 PM 08-26-2019
"Requiem for a Dream" was always my go to movie for when I became in the I want to be movie scared mood. I could pretty much watch any scary movie ever made, shake it off in 3 minutes but that one kind of sticks with you.

And Jennifer Connlley in her prime! :-)

"Memento" had a pretty creepy vibe to it as well.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:43 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
My favorites from when I was a kid were:

Can't Buy Me Love (1987): I crushed on Patrick Dempsey before he became "Patrick Dempsey"

Adventures In Babysitting (1987): "Don't **** with the babysitter!"

Yes, I was a 10-11 year old girl when these came out...lol. I bought both of these on DVD, but I don't think I've watched them since I bought them.
Can't Buy Me Love was a good movie and I was looking it up on the IMDB and Amanda Peterson died at the age of 43.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:47 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
i don't know how many times i've seen this growing up? i think it was on WGN or TBS? but here is THE BEASTMASTER

This was an awesome movie... I haven't watched it in years but the ferrets stealing the girls shit was awesome. I got to see girl boobies :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up