ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 05:56 AM 08-23-2019
The Right Stuff. In flight right now and just dialed it up on the AA library. Epic movie from my childhood.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:12 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
The Right Stuff. In flight right now and just dialed it up on the AA library. Epic movie from my childhood.
Still a great flick. Love it.

Steve Martin, The Man with Two Brains. I remember loving that as a kid.

I haven’t seen a lot of his old comedies in a long time and I remember really liking them.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:42 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Still a great flick. Love it.

Steve Martin, The Man with Two Brains. I remember loving that as a kid.

I haven’t seen a lot of his old comedies in a long time and I remember really liking them.
Man With Two Brains is great. When it comes to Steve Martin movies, it's second only to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:42 AM 08-23-2019
Eight Days a Week is a good one. It probably hasn’t aged well but it was a really interesting watch 20 years ago. Plus, Keri Russell.

Willow is one that I haven’t seen in a long time but loved when I was a kid.

On the Val Kilmer note, The Ghost and the Darkness I probably watched 50 times in the 90s.

Another Kilmer classic is Real Genius.

I’m going to have to dig some of these up.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:53 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eight Days a Week is a good one. It probably hasn’t aged well but it was a really interesting watch 20 years ago. Plus, Keri Russell.

Willow is one that I haven’t seen in a long time but loved when I was a kid.

On the Val Kilmer note, The Ghost and the Darkness I probably watched 50 times in the 90s.

Another Kilmer classic is Real Genius.

I’m going to have to dig some of these up.
Kilmer was great back in the day. Real Genius still holds up.

Willow I’ve always liked, but it’s slightly corny by today’s standards.

I haven’t seen Top Secret in a long time. But that was hilarious back in the day.
[Reply]
luv 12:07 PM 08-23-2019
My favorites from when I was a kid were:

Can't Buy Me Love (1987): I crushed on Patrick Dempsey before he became "Patrick Dempsey"

Adventures In Babysitting (1987): "Don't **** with the babysitter!"

Yes, I was a 10-11 year old girl when these came out...lol. I bought both of these on DVD, but I don't think I've watched them since I bought them.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:53 PM 08-23-2019
70's drive-in B movie only saw it once but it popped into my memory when I saw the topic

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:08 PM 08-23-2019
Terry Gilliam's "Brazil," 1985 (I think). Still one of my all-time favorite movies

"Time Bandits" (1981?). 'Nuff said.

"Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins," 1986(?) "The Korean is the most perfect creature ever to sanctify the Earth with the imprint of its foot!" Still use this line as often as possible.

Buffalo '66'. The bowling alley scene.
[Reply]
Nzoner 04:09 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

"Time Bandits" (1981?). 'Nuff said.
Must see that one again,nice call
[Reply]
Bowser 05:05 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Must see that one again,nice call
They're remaking it with Taika Waititi directing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...0s-cult-comedy
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:13 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They're remaking it with Taika Waititi directing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...0s-cult-comedy
Scared the heck out of me. They're not re-making the movie, just adapting the idea for a TV series.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:34 AM 08-25-2019
Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977). I think I saw it on HBO when I first got that channel in 1979. Stars Diane Keaton as a schoolteacher who cruises bars looking for violent sex. Also stars an unknown Tom Berenger and Richard Gere, who I believe was also unknown at the time, but if IRC Gere was her last encounter. I've never seen it on TV or any premium channel. I think either Gere or Keaton has somehow managed to keep it from being shown. I remember it was really good and really shocking, kind of like Al Pacino was shocking in "Cruising".

[Reply]
scho63 09:06 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Buffalo '66'. The bowling alley scene.
That was a wicked movie. Really liked it.

Others that I watched around that time:

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Drugstore Cowboy
Pan's Labyrinth
As Good as it Gets
Broken Flowers
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:31 PM 08-25-2019
Can't believe I didn't think of this first. Ladies and gents, I give you, "The Warriors" movie trailer:

[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up