« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Bump 01:19 AM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm not sure where all the praise is being generated from that trailer. It gave no insight into the story line what so ever.

:-)
ya I watched the first trailer in the OP and didn't think it really looked that good. I'd watch it if it were on amazon but that's about it.

I did see some movie with Phoenix in it recently about him being some weird hit man and I made it through the entire movie, so I was entertained.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:57 AM 08-31-2019
Everyone saying it's a masterpiece and Oscar buzz for Phoenix.

@firstshowing: There will be before Joker. And there will be after Joker. I don't know if the world is ready for this movie. Or maybe it is? It is GNARLY. It is crazy. It is audacious. It doesn't hold back. Wow. I can't believe it exists. But it does. And it's coming.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:13 AM 08-31-2019
Looks good, but I don't see it being a big box office hit.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:46 PM 08-31-2019
Reviews already on RT. Very early but 87% on 32 reviews.
[Reply]
FAX 02:38 PM 08-31-2019
Enormous potential with this one ...

I worry that they've given away too much plot via the trailers, however. There better be a good twist.

FAX
[Reply]
Bowser 02:43 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

@firstshowing: There will be before Joker. And there will be after Joker. I don't know if the world is ready for this movie. Or maybe it is? It is GNARLY. It is crazy. It is audacious. It doesn't hold back. Wow. I can't believe it exists. But it does. And it's coming.
Did they have the balls to make it rated R?
[Reply]
FAX 02:58 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That's what I heard. R for stuff like violence and words and some sexual content.

FAX
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:28 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

Amazing. When it was announced I was quite skeptical because Todd Phillips has only ever done comedies.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:53 AM 09-01-2019
The only negative I've seen is that he (Todd Phillips) tried to do too much in one movie. But that's not unusual in entertainment these days. I just finished season one of Carnival Row and while I liked it a lot, they tried to cram about ten different storylines into eight episodes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:27 AM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes, it's apparently a hard R
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:49 AM 09-01-2019
I generally disapprove of giving this character a back-story.

I prefer the Joker that just randomly makes up his own back story with nobody knowing what is or isn't true. The enigma is part of the fun of the character.

I just hope the 'bastard son of a Trumpian Thomas Wayne' rumors aren't true.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:02 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I generally disapprove of giving this character a back-story.

I prefer the Joker that just randomly makes up his own back story with nobody knowing what is or isn't true. The enigma is part of the fun of the character.

I just hope the 'bastard son of a Trumpian Thomas Wayne' rumors aren't true.
Did I ever tell you how I got these scars?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:51 PM 09-01-2019
I’d pretty much pay to see Joaquin read a phone book, this is a no brainer for my $10
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:05 PM 09-01-2019
8 minute standing ovation at the venice film festival.
[Reply]
mcknzAlex 05:41 PM 09-01-2019
It is deeper, darker and more disturbing places than any comic book.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up