ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Mephistopheles Janx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:49 PM 05-25-2019
I liked it a lot, don’t get what all the bad reviews are about. I’m glad it’s not exactly the same as the animated movie, although it follows the plot lines pretty much all the way. The changes they did made sense though. The only nitpick complaints people could throw out we’re CGI Genie looking a bit disproportionate, Iago not talking like Gilbert Gottfried, or if you hate bollywood tunes and dancing. I thought it was very genuine, the cast did an amazing job, and I would go see it again if someone asked me to. Better than the live action Beauty and the Beast imo and I’m looking forward to Lion King this summer for sure.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:03 AM 05-26-2019
can't wait for the song of the south remake. Sam Jackson's going to do work
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:20 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I’m looking forward to Lion King this summer for sure.
Its funny, they keep calling it 'live action' but its really not. Its animated, just a different form of animation than the original.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:21 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
can't wait for the song of the south remake. Sam Jackson's going to do work
Zip a dee doo dah M*therF*cker!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:01 PM 05-26-2019
I thought it was fantastically entertaining. A beautiful tale just like the original. Didnt hate Jafars as much as I thought. The actor did a fine job, he just isnt a natural menacing presence as the original.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:48 PM 05-27-2019
Listen to Will monotone the fuck out of "Prince Ali". He even got in his ridiculous trademark *a ha hah!* laugh track.

I am Legend was his last good movie IMO.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:32 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Listen to Will monotone the fuck out of "Prince Ali". He even got in his ridiculous trademark *a ha hah!* laugh track.

I am Legend was his last good movie IMO.
I don't think what monotone means.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:59 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I don't think what monotone means.
He sounded like a community college music theater major. His voice had almost no inflection and he couldn't sustain a note to save his life. Damn... Disney could have given the dude some voice coaching.

I'm not trying to be overly critical but he sucked out loud in that one song.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:16 PM 05-27-2019
He sounded like a community college music theater major. His voice had almost no inflection and he couldn't sustain a note to save his life. Damn... Disney could have given the dude some voice coaching.

I agree he lacked inflection and generally sounded over processed. That's not monotone. Ben Stein was monotone. Mono - single.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:54 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I agree he lacked inflection and generally sounded over processed. That's not monotone. Ben Stein was monotone. Mono - single.
Calling him monotone was a slight exaggeration for his lack of inflection. That said... inflection is a pretty important part of singing. One may even say the most important after simply hitting the correct notes (which he had difficulty with in that clip as well). Will Smith singing Genie's parts are what Ben Stein is to speaking at a lecture on economics.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:01 PM 05-27-2019

Way too nitpicky. He's obviously not a natural singer and was aided by autotune it still held up.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:03 PM 05-27-2019
Agreed. He hit every note...and that's it. It sounded like a practice round not the actual performance. That was pretty awful.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:33 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
He's obviously not a natural singer and was aided by autotune it still held up.
You know who is the right guy to cast in a movie that has a shit ton of classic Disney songs? A natural singer that can act or a natural actor that can sing well enough to not need auto-tune.. Will Smith is neither of those.

I had reservations about Will taking on this role because I've heard the dude try to sing... I had his albums when I was a teen. He can't. I haven't seen the movie so I cannot comment on his non-singing role but his version of "Prince Ali" was very bad.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:08 PM 05-27-2019
You know who is the right guy to cast in a movie that has a shit ton of classic Disney songs? A natural singer that can act or a natural actor that can sing well enough to not need auto-tune.. Will Smith is neither of those.

I had reservations about Will taking on this role because I've heard the dude try to sing... I had his albums when I was a teen. He can't. I haven't seen the movie so I cannot comment on his non-singing role but his version of "Prince Ali" was very bad.
Step 1: actually watch the movie.

Step 2: realize it's pretty good and that Will Smith is actually the best part of the movie.

Step 3: stop bitching.

Step 4: profit???
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:25 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Step 1: actually watch the movie.

Step 2: realize it's pretty good and that Will Smith is actually the best part of the movie.

Step 3: stop bitching.

Step 4: profit???
Step 1: Learn to read

Step 2: Learn to comprehend

Step 3: Realize I'm commenting on a specific song that he sang which I linked. I don't need to see the entire movie to comment on the one shitty song.

Step 4: Go to Step 1 if you still don't understand.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up