ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 25
« First < 152122232425
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
keg in kc 09:02 AM 09-08-2019
Hell no, I don't mess with GM3. I run solo.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:17 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Due to the fact they're extending the Cataclysm it makes me think they have nothing planned for the foreseeable future. They should probably find a way to make it a permanent part of the game.

I really hate that they're nerfing the new weapons, the weapons in this game are crappy enough. I can't wait for Borderlands so we can play the way we want and not worry about continual nerfs.
Bl2 had nerfs. Couple item nerfs once people figured out what worked with what.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:23 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Bl2 had nerfs. Couple item nerfs once people figured out what worked with what.
It's not a closed server game though, you can literally mod the game and play it like that with friends however you want.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:40 PM 09-17-2019
There's new blog post on the game's future, which, ah, doesn't really say anything. But here it is:
Originally Posted by :
Hello Freelancers,

We’re nearing the end of the Cataclysm, so I wanted to talk about what’s coming for Anthem.

First, I’m proud of our team for creating a fun new experience for our players. It represents the largest post-launch update that we’ve delivered so far. We were humbly excited by the increase in player engagement we’ve seen with the Cataclysm. The team and I appreciate the response and support — it is what keeps us motivated to continue to improve Anthem.

Those of you in our player community that played on our Public Test Server gave us valuable feedback from your play that we used to influence our changes to the game. PTS is an invaluable tool we will leverage for future updates with Anthem. Some of the changes made to the Cataclysm based on your input were:
  • Combat balancing improvements
  • Adjustments for minor-to-major crystal economy
  • Additional types of reward crates, providing more player choice
  • UX tips in load screens to better explain Cataclysm mechanics
  • Final Score Banners to show how much score was gained from playing on higher difficulties

So what’s next for Anthem?

We hear your concerns on core issues in Anthem and are acting on it. Those systems require a more thorough review and re-working versus quick fixes. We’ve got a team working on that now, and early results are promising.

In order to address these long-range plans, we are moving away from the Acts structure for updates. Instead, we have additional seasonal updates planned for this year that we think players will enjoy. These events will deliver challenges and chases similar to what you’ve seen, and are built around some fun themes we’re bringing to the game.

As I’ve said previously, we want to be transparent with you that we know more work needs to be done to make Anthem better. We also want to ensure we’re backing up our words with a great game you can play. So I don’t have any news today to share about the long-term changes we are bringing to Anthem. What I can say is that we will continue to engage with you, our community, through PTS when we can show you what is coming.

Stronger together!

Chad
Head of Live Service
http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/17/w...wf9N9txfRIDEtE

So it sounds like (maybe?) another Cataclysm-style event before the end of the year. Other than that it just sounds like they're re-working the core game. But they've gone so radio-silent since the month after launch that it's really difficult to get a read.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:32 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's new blog post on the game's future, which, ah, doesn't really say anything. But here it is:http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/17/w...wf9N9txfRIDEtE

So it sounds like (maybe?) another Cataclysm-style event before the end of the year. Other than that it just sounds like they're re-working the core game. But they've gone so radio-silent since the month after launch that it's really difficult to get a read.
So basically we're losing content post Cataclysm, about what I expected but was hoping for more.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:43 PM 09-17-2019
It sounds like maybe they're trying to go all-in for a Taken King style reset in February, I just don't know that they'll have enough interest left at that point to pull it off. Although if it's free, I think people will come back to try it.

Either way, it can't not be free. A paid DLC would be a PR nightmare that makes the post-launch period to now look like a sunny day at the beach.

And whatever this "seasonal" thing is, it better be good, because even the folks who love the game, like myself, are going to stop playing now that the cataclysm is over. Literally the only thing I have left to do in the game is finish the Tarsis rep.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:56 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It sounds like maybe they're trying to go all-in for a Taken King style reset in February, I just don't know that they'll have enough interest left at that point to pull it off. Although if it's free, I think people will come back to try it.

Either way, it can't not be free. A paid DLC would be a PR nightmare that makes the post-launch period to now look like a sunny day at the beach.

And whatever this "seasonal" thing is, it better be good, because even the folks who love the game, like myself, are going to stop playing now that the cataclysm is over. Literally the only thing I have left to do in the game is finish the Tarsis rep.
Right, I mean other than just an hour or so here and their the game has no real purpose or content. I find it hard to believe they would let the cataclysm expire without replacing it with something else. Just not enough to do in this game so they should have found a way to leave it in.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:09 PM 09-17-2019
I don't think leaving the cata in is really a viable option, in terms of it providing anything meaningful to the game. I get the impression that pretty much everybody is really, really burned out on the cataclysm now, and not sad at all to see it come to an end. I know I am, and I get the same impression from a lot of the people I communicate with online. We all liked it, but....enough.

Definitely need something new.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 25
« First < 152122232425
Up