ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't even know what that means.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:24 PM 02-21-2019
Oh damn.

I haven't had my ps4 on for anything but Netflix or Prime for a couple weeks. Anthem doesn't launch for me for another 8 hours.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:41 PM 02-21-2019

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:13 PM 02-21-2019
Oh damn.

I haven't had my ps4 on for anything but Netflix or Prime for a couple weeks. Anthem doesn't launch for me for another 8 hours.
Maybe we can get crossplay so we can play with you.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:13 PM 02-21-2019
Think it's up to Sony at this point. I'm pretty sure BioWare wants it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:17 PM 02-21-2019
Think it's up to Sony at this point. I'm pretty sure BioWare wants it.
You finally get to enjoy Anthem, have fun buddy. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 06:16 PM 02-24-2019
I'm early (level 5) but I'm really enjoying everything so far...super fun.

Can't wait to see what they add down the road....I'm actually patient with GaaS so I'm good with what they have content wise right now.

I saw they put a roadmap out....curious to see what Cataclysms are.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:26 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm early (level 5) but I'm really enjoying everything so far...super fun.

Can't wait to see what they add down the road....I'm actually patient with GaaS so I'm good with what they have content wise right now.

I saw they put a roadmap out....curious to see what Cataclysms are.
I'm having about the same experience as you but there are some bugs. If I stay in freeplay too long It usually crashes and I found a legendary item for my storm that has +Zero percent as it's major ability. Legendaries are so hard to find so I hope they patch that. Other than that the gameplay loop is incredibly fun even if the content were to seem rather samey.

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:45 PM 02-25-2019
I've had next to no bugs. The first time I activated the Detective Hops tape player I crashed (well, second time really; it had just finished playing the initial episode and I hit it again...). I've lost connection with the server maybe 3 times in however many hours I've played (probably 50 by now). And that's it.

Which highlights one issue I have with nearly all the reviews: they were made playing the pre-release version of the game. The day one patch was huge and they've patched twice more since then. That, to me, is irresponsible, if these people are at least pretending to be journalists.

The weirdest thing to me is that I've seen so many complaints about the story, as well as the game being short or incomplete. It's like I'm playing a different build or something. It's easily the best story I've ever played in this kind of online game. And like with every other BioWare game ever, the side quests are as important as the critical path, so I've done all of them and all that combined (so far) is fucking gigantic. That's without even considering all of the conversation side quests in Fort Tarsis, more of which just opened up. At this point probably fifty hours in, I'm not even level 20 yet, and I still have 3 more critical path quest challenges to go. It looks like I'm at most halfway through the agent quests. I'm probably not going to hit the so called 'endgame' for another 2 or 3 days.

So I guess you have people like me, who do everything that you can do. And then you have people who skip all the cutscenes (and these people are usually the same ones complaining about the story - they say it's not good, although they also say they've skipped everything, so how do they know...), skip all the side quests.

I know that with Destiny 2 last year, I finished all the story missions either on day 1 or early day 2. So this is so far more than twice the story content that game provided. Anthem doesn't have any set pieces like the Almighty so far, although I will say the Fortress of Dawn was one of the coolest sections of any game I can ever remember playing. And after reading a few reviews, I expected all the quests to be exactly the same. They're not. At all. Again, it's like I have a different build or something.

I just don't get it...

I love freeplay as much as I did in the alpha/demos. Except now I have 8 million challenges to finish. Which is something else Destiny 1/2 didn't provide. And that map is fucking huge. I finished all the exploration challenges last night (well, everything aside from the document ones, which will take me approximately forever to finish), now I'm just leveling weapons and javelins.

Which for me is exactly what I need in a game to keep me invested: a goal to drive towards. Even if it's something as meaningless as a Legendary Freelancer challenge that rewards me with a new graphic that probably no one other than me will ever see. I love the daily/weekly/monthly challenge setup, because they all look doable (although I can't finish the first monthly?! Are you kidding me?! ARGH).

We'll see how I feel once I hit 30 and the real repetition sets it. But I'm only on vacation for two more days, so it's not like I'll be able to play more than 3 or 4 hours a day anyway.

Maybe it works for me because I solo so much? Whatever the case, it's like they made this game for me.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:40 PM 02-25-2019
I've had next to no bugs. The first time I activated the Detective Hops tape player I crashed (well, second time really; it had just finished playing the initial episode and I hit it again...). I've lost connection with the server maybe 3 times in however many hours I've played (probably 50 by now). And that's it.

Which highlights one issue I have with nearly all the reviews: they were made playing the pre-release version of the game. The day one patch was huge and they've patched twice more since then. That, to me, is irresponsible, if these people are at least pretending to be journalists.

The weirdest thing to me is that I've seen so many complaints about the story, as well as the game being short or incomplete. It's like I'm playing a different build or something. It's easily the best story I've ever played in this kind of online game. And like with every other BioWare game ever, the side quests are as important as the critical path, so I've done all of them and all that combined (so far) is ****ing gigantic. That's without even considering all of the conversation side quests in Fort Tarsis, more of which just opened up. At this point probably fifty hours in, I'm not even level 20 yet, and I still have 3 more critical path quest challenges to go. It looks like I'm at most halfway through the agent quests. I'm probably not going to hit the so called 'endgame' for another 2 or 3 days.

So I guess you have people like me, who do everything that you can do. And then you have people who skip all the cutscenes (and these people are usually the same ones complaining about the story - they say it's not good, although they also say they've skipped everything, so how do they know...), skip all the side quests.

I know that with Destiny 2 last year, I finished all the story missions either on day 1 or early day 2. So this is so far more than twice the story content that game provided. Anthem doesn't have any set pieces like the Almighty so far, although I will say the Fortress of Dawn was one of the coolest sections of any game I can ever remember playing. And after reading a few reviews, I expected all the quests to be exactly the same. They're not. At all. Again, it's like I have a different build or something.

I just don't get it...

I love freeplay as much as I did in the alpha/demos. Except now I have 8 million challenges to finish. Which is something else Destiny 1/2 didn't provide. And that map is ****ing huge. I finished all the exploration challenges last night (well, everything aside from the document ones, which will take me approximately forever to finish), now I'm just leveling weapons and javelins.

Which for me is exactly what I need in a game to keep me invested: a goal to drive towards. Even if it's something as meaningless as a Legendary Freelancer challenge that rewards me with a new graphic that probably no one other than me will ever see. I love the daily/weekly/monthly challenge setup, because they all look doable (although I can't finish the first monthly?! Are you kidding me?! ARGH).

We'll see how I feel once I hit 30 and the real repetition sets it. But I'm only on vacation for two more days, so it's not like I'll be able to play more than 3 or 4 hours a day anyway.

Maybe it works for me because I solo so much? Whatever the case, it's like they made this game for me.
Pretty much the same thing for me, I feel like i'm playing a different game than anyone else :-). It's like the reviews are mainly just clickbait cashing in on EA hate. Then there is the OMGarsh this isn't Mass Effect 4 crowd, ya it's an online loot shooter I guess they missed the memo. I haven't felt any need to put this game down, not even close still grinding my weeklies/dailies to finish them before it resets in a few hours.

I am getting an annoying bug after finishing freeplay, where it says connection lost but I can click through it wiihout touching that window then basically it acts like it didn't happen. Also some of the loot is a bit bugged, I found an item with it's main attribute as +0 percent on the big bold text.

I wonder if that's fixed now I just got a legendary item from doing quickplay with noobs.

[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:17 PM 02-26-2019
The problem is the end game + loot. The rolls are god awful on masterwork and legendary gear. There was a quality post by one of the Diablo 3 devs, and pretty much offered a ton of great feedback on what to do with the loot issue and end game content. I really hope Bioware listens to him.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:50 PM 02-26-2019
So I'm seeing something odd. In freeplay there are pairs of random electrical orbs floating above the map in a few areas, and I've run across several ancient Ash Titans. Lead-in to a new event of some kind?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:34 AM 02-27-2019
So I'm seeing something odd. In freeplay there are pairs of random electrical orbs floating above the map in a few areas, and I've run across several ancient Ash Titans. Lead-in to a new event of some kind?
Here be Giants is going on right now I believe so ya it's the Titan event.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:35 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
The problem is the end game + loot. The rolls are god awful on masterwork and legendary gear. There was a quality post by one of the Diablo 3 devs, and pretty much offered a ton of great feedback on what to do with the loot issue and end game content. I really hope Bioware listens to him.
I agree they need to take some of the horrible rolls off the items, I can't seem to find a good one there are so many crappy variables.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:59 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Here be Giants is going on right now I believe so ya it's the Titan event.
Not showing it as active anywhere I've looked, and I finished that last weekend. These are just regular Ancient Ash Titans, not the named ones. And I think they can spawn randomly. It was really the other part that was weird, the electrical orbs. They were like the ones you can shoot off the platform on the second phase of Hive Tyrant. Just randomly up in the sky in a couple of places. Seemed weird. I've been running quests the last few hours, haven't been in freeplay so I don't know if it was still happening.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up