ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:43 PM 02-08-2019
Interesting read on Anthem's lore: https://www.gamesradar.com/anthem-story-lore-explained/
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:21 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Mass Effect is probably dead. The last one was so terribly bad that they just straight cut all dev for DLC's and support for the awful "PVP".
Andromeda was created by a totally different now gone part of Bioware.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:29 PM 02-11-2019

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:33 AM 02-13-2019
This is going to be a long fucking eight days.

I literally have not played anything else since the demo ended.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:10 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This is going to be a long ****ing eight days.

I've been going back and forth on many games, played some Destiny 2 last night and didn't hate it like usual. That being said I caved and i'm playing it this friday. Yes evil EA wins and gets my extra $15 to play a week early. :-)
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:44 PM 02-13-2019
opens up tomorrow night for Origin Premiere members ;]
anyone playing?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 PM 02-13-2019
This is going to be a long fucking eight days.

I'm just glad to see you posted today. I've been worried about you possibly going all Korean on us.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 PM 02-13-2019
I saw that ridiculous release chart for shit you get for buying this game...stuff like that makes me hate companies.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:56 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I saw that ridiculous release chart for shit you get for buying this game...stuff like that makes me hate companies.
What chart do you mean? and what pisses you off?
[Reply]
007 03:54 PM 02-14-2019
Absolutely hated the gun play in anthem. Destiny has me so spoiled it's hard to play any other shooter.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:19 PM 02-14-2019
Guns are really secondary in anthem. It's more about gear. There's also the whole first person versus third person thing. Anthem's gonna feel different regardless. For me, mixing the flight in with the combat is more fun than anything I did in Destiny 1 or 2.

It's all going to come down to the story for me. The lore is really interesting, as is exploring the world in Freeplay. The challenge system and unlocking blueprints is the kind of grinding I like. I just need enough content to keep me invested over the long haul. That's where both Destiny games really failed for me. Destiny 2 had much better storytelling than 1, there just wasn't nearly enough. I hope Anthem delivers. No way to know yet. Looking at the achievements it could be ten missions. Or it could be twenty or thirty.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:21 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm just glad to see you posted today. I've been worried about you possibly going all Korean on us.
I've been working a ton lately. On vacation starting next Wednesday, so trying to get everything set.
[Reply]
007 09:09 PM 02-14-2019
Guns are really secondary in anthem. It's more about gear. There's also the whole first person versus third person thing. Anthem's gonna feel different regardless. For me, mixing the flight in with the combat is more fun than anything I did in Destiny 1 or 2.

It's all going to come down to the story for me. The lore is really interesting, as is exploring the world in Freeplay. The challenge system and unlocking blueprints is the kind of grinding I like. I just need enough content to keep me invested over the long haul. That's where both Destiny games really failed for me. Destiny 2 had much better storytelling than 1, there just wasn't nearly enough. I hope Anthem delivers. No way to know yet. Looking at the achievements it could be ten missions. Or it could be twenty or thirty.
I just could not stand the gameplay in the demo. Plus I can only deal with one grindy game and destiny scratches that itch just fine for me.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:34 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Absolutely hated the gun play in anthem. Destiny has me so spoiled it's hard to play any other shooter.
The guns in Destiny just feel really generic as does most of the game, i love the combo format of Mass Effect which is pretty close to Anthem. Mass Effect 3 was one of the greatest mp games ever even though it lacked serious depth. Anthem to me fits in the same mold and makes me feel powerful, something I never have felt in Destiny. Division has some of the coolest gunplay but I much prefer cover shooters to first person.

Yes the guns in Anthem seem way underpowered, not sure if they'll change that up or not.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:05 AM 02-15-2019
Story is setting up quite nicely, seems like a lot to do at least early game.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up