ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 25
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
Simply Red 03:39 PM 06-09-2018
I'm glad you're happy of its release.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:33 PM 06-09-2018
I've heard a lot of chatter that it's going to be shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:54 PM 06-09-2018
Any chatter at this point probably comes from people who made up their mind that it would be shit right after it was announced last year.

Kind of hard to form an opinion either way when we've seen less than ten minutes of it over the course of a year. It's playable this week, though, so it'll be interesting to see what people say after they get their hands on the demo.

I did see a few interesting things earlier:

No PvP at launch (maybe never? couldn't get a read on that)
PvE endgame is a priority
You aren't locked to a single type of javelin (although you can't change mid mission)
There will be additional javelins after launch (meaning new roles, not just cosmetic)

I may be alone on this, but I like no PvP. Focus on PvE co-op and do it really well, and you also don't fall into the trap of trying to balance multiple, different game modes.

It won't be for everyone, though. I still think story is a hard sell to the wide gamer market.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:13 PM 06-09-2018
Much more info here than in the ea play demo:

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:24 PM 06-09-2018
Articles:

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature...a-new-frontier
https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/10/ant...t-comparisons/
https://www.rpgsite.net/preview/7289...m-ea-play-2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...hole-new-world
[Reply]
Frazod 11:36 PM 06-09-2018
Looks like Mass Effect with jet packs.

If it gets decent reviews and can be effectively played in single player mode, I'll give it a look. Don't give a fuck about MMOs or co-ops. Gaming is me time, not us time.
[Reply]
Pants 11:57 PM 06-09-2018
Gonna need that new GTX for this.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:14 AM 06-10-2018
Shoot Shoot Shoot

Bang Bang Bang

Shooter mans Shooter mans bang bang bang!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:20 AM 06-10-2018
I can't find a new game to play that I like.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:28 AM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I can't find a new game to play that I like.
Have you tried the Nintendo Switch, my friend?
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:30 AM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Looks like Mass Effect with jet packs.

If it gets decent reviews and can be effectively played in single player mode, I'll give it a look. Don't give a **** about MMOs or co-ops. Gaming is me time, not us time.
That was asked several times yesterday, and the answer given was that the main quest line could be soloed and they are still balancing the rest as far as soloability. There will no doubt be activities that will be impossible to do alone. But without knowing the duration of the main storyline it's difficult to say whether it would be worth it.

I will say this: games like Destiny can be played alone. I know because I've done it. I just acknowledge that it will sometimes be a longer, more difficult path for me, and that there are some activities that I'll never do. But I've never joined a clan, nor so much as put on headphones to talk to another player for well over a year.

And that's Destiny. Which is not really designed at all for solo players. Anthem may have more solo content, and it may have easier avenues for finding help if you want it (Destiny basically has none,).

That's just speculation, though. It could also only have a few hours of story followed by endless token grinding, like Destiny 2 right now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:01 AM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:45 AM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:07 AM 06-10-2018
I will wait for gamer reviews. The EA version of Bioware has pretty much spent its credit with me. Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda were bad and Inquisition was good but didn't have the morally grey grit that previous Dragon Age games had.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 25
1 234511 > Last »
Up