ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 286
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:16 PM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Tittle is Under the Skin. Red box has it rated 1 star. :-)

RT has it 80+ by critics and 50+ by audiences. Just one more reason I barely even notice Redbox ratings.

Local place has it, may pick it up for tomorrow.
Yeah? well theres just one more reason for me to not give a single hefty shit about American audience reviews... if Colonel Action isn't loudly defeating Agent Doom, American audiences by and large don't give a rip.

Americans are dumbed down, yes I said it.

Any American critic that didn't find something good about this movie should go to their garage, shut the door, and turn their car on until they die... because they have simply become inured to good movies that lack 'splosions.

RedBox reviewers are a bunch of drooling morons that wouldn't know good storytelling if it came up and kicked them in their shriveled dongs... omg, what a bunch of idiot Americans.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:33 PM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah? well theres just one more reason for me to not give a single hefty shit about American audience reviews... if Colonel Action isn't loudly defeating Agent Doom, American audiences by and large don't give a rip.

Any American critic that didn't find something good about this movie should go to their garage, shut the door, and turn their car on until they die... because they have simply become inured to good movies that lack 'splosions.

RedBox reviewers are a bunch of drooling morons that wouldn't know good storytelling if it came up and kicked them in their shriveled dongs... omg, what a bunch of idiot Americans.

80+ from critics is good, not sure what you're on about.

But wholly agree with Redbox reviewers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:35 PM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
80+ from critics is good, not sure what you're on about.

But wholly agree with Redbox reviewers.
I'm on a kick about a fantastic piece of film, maybe went overboard a bit, its nothing personal.. but seriously, anyone that wasn't entertained by this movie isn't imaginative enough for me to care what they think.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:59 AM 03-22-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
Anyone got any good Sci Fi / mindfuck movie recommendations? Preferably something released in the past decade or so and isn't extremely mainstream.
Can't remember if you've seen Coherence?
The Signal was ok, ending kinda blew it for me.
Irreversible is pretty crazy, but it's not a Scifi movie.
One of my fave mind fucks is Memento, but I think everyone has seen that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:01 PM 03-22-2015
I'm on a kick about a fantastic piece of film, maybe went overboard a bit, its nothing personal.. but seriously, anyone that wasn't entertained by this movie isn't imaginative enough for me to care what they think.
Sounds like someone REALLY enjoyed seeing ScarJo naked...

I hear seen it yet, but on your recommendation I will watch it.
[Reply]
Miles 02:50 PM 03-22-2015
Have been meaning to watch Under the Skin for a while and really need to after reading these suggestions.
[Reply]
Miles 02:52 PM 03-22-2015
Anyone got any good Sci Fi / mindfuck movie recommendations? Preferably something released in the past decade or so and isn't extremely mainstream.
Watched Predestination yet? Very much a WTF movie.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:02 PM 03-22-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
Watched Predestination yet? Very much a WTF movie.

Ethan Hawke? I really dug that one.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:09 PM 03-22-2015
Ok kids, heres is the next great sci-fi/horror/character study of a movie... Underneath The Skin... it stars Scarlett Johannsen as an alien on earth to soak up humans as whatever you imagine them being soaked up for.

For our souls, for our blood and organs?... you decide.

But seriously, this is one of the most artistic and well acted and original alien movies I've ever watched, period/EMPHATIC.

Such a beautiful, well done piece of cinema... for a very rough outline, think 2001 for the other dimensional visuals, and Let Me In for the somber mood and tone... just for starters, that's seriously just a very rough outline.

Those of you that enjoy kegs paranormal thread, you'll no doubt love this.

Whats even better is that you get Scarlett in full on nude scenes with lingering, loving shots... back AND front... this movie is the real deal, beautiful and haunting.

You have seriously oversold this movie.

Not bad by any means. ScarJo is very good (better than I thought capable, honestly), and it's a gorgeous film, but it's painfully "arty". It's a thinker, and there's no doubt why it never got a wide theatrical release - it's just not very accessible for most audiences.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:01 PM 03-22-2015
Ok kids, heres is the next great sci-fi/horror/character study of a movie... Underneath The Skin... it stars Scarlett Johannsen as an alien on earth to soak up humans as whatever you imagine them being soaked up for.

For our souls, for our blood and organs?... you decide.

But seriously, this is one of the most artistic and well acted and original alien movies I've ever watched, period/EMPHATIC.

Such a beautiful, well done piece of cinema... for a very rough outline, think 2001 for the other dimensional visuals, and Let Me In for the somber mood and tone... just for starters, that's seriously just a very rough outline.

Those of you that enjoy kegs paranormal thread, you'll no doubt love this.

Whats even better is that you get Scarlett in full on nude scenes with lingering, loving shots... back AND front... this movie is the real deal, beautiful and haunting.
I really disagree on this one.

The first 1/3 of the film is just her finding "victims." We never get her motivations, no questions are answered after about the 1/3 mark, and there might not be 200 words of dialogue in the whole movie.

This might be like reading "The Man In The High Tower." Yes, it's a good work of science fiction but hard to enjoy if you aren't a fan of the specific genre or that type of writing/film making.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:12 PM 03-22-2015
Anyone got any good Sci Fi / mind**** movie recommendations? Preferably something released in the past decade or so and isn't extremely mainstream.
Convergence
Primer
Time Crimes
Black Mirror (series.)
Parallels (similar to "Sliders" from the 90's. Pilot that wasn't picked up.)
Radio Free Albemuth (Amazon Prime Only)
Resolution
[Reply]
MrGiggity 07:08 PM 03-22-2015

Definitely a WTF movie. Harmony Korine is one sick motherfucker
[Reply]
Judge Smails 07:40 PM 03-22-2015
Anyone got any good Sci Fi / mind**** movie recommendations? Preferably something released in the past decade or so and isn't extremely mainstream.
Predestination with Ethan Hawke messed with me a bit
[Reply]
Bowser 08:48 PM 03-22-2015
Originally Posted by MrGiggity:

Definitely a WTF movie. Harmony Korine is one sick motherfucker
Made it 36 seconds. All I could picture was this...

[Reply]
eDave 09:05 PM 03-22-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Made it 36 seconds. All I could picture was this...

Check out 24:00. WTF?
[Reply]
Page 108 of 286
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up