ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Guess the suspensions for each player.
*** Alleged perpetrator #1 - Larry Ogunjobi 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 6 5.66%
No suspension, but with a fine. 29 27.36%
1 game suspension 28 26.42%
2-3 game suspension 17 16.04%
4-5 game suspension 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, back next year 5 4.72%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 3 2.83%
*** Alleged perpetrator #2 - Mason Rudolph 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 31 29.25%
No suspension, but with a fine. 35 33.02%
1 game suspension 18 16.98%
2-3 game suspension 7 6.60%
4-5 game suspension 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, back next year 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #3 - Maurkice Pouncey 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 3 2.83%
No suspension, but with a fine. 8 7.55%
1 game suspension 24 22.64%
2-3 game suspension 39 36.79%
4-5 game suspension 9 8.49%
Remainder of the season, back next year 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #4 - Myles Garret 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 1 0.94%
No suspension, but with a fine. 2 1.89%
1 game suspension 2 1.89%
2-3 game suspension 4 3.77%
4-5 game suspension 4 3.77%
Remainder of the season, back next year 51 48.11%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 32 30.19%
*** Other thoughts and theories. Check all that apply. 5 4.72%
Von Miller instigated this. 20 18.87%
Mason Rudolph caused it because he's chasing an NFL record for hits to the head. 12 11.32%
I bet Roethlisberger roofied Garrett's sister. 18 16.98%
Mike Tomlin should have stepped onto the field to block Garrett's path. 9 8.49%
Garrett, you played Brady recently. You couldn't do us a favor? 28 26.42%
I have no additional thoughts or theories at this time. 11 10.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 16 of 30
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.
Rain Man 12:28 AM 11-15-2019
Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:06 PM 11-15-2019
Here is a screen shot I took of his "late" hit.

How can anyone say that is late?
Attached: garrettsack.JPG (25.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:07 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I will take expert ref that didn't throw or reach for the flag if you don't mind.

If you honestly think that hit was late then every hit in the NFL would be jfc.
Dude, there’s 5 seconds left in a 2 score game. The game is over. There was no reason to twist Rudolph to the ground in that scenario, none. And Garrett doesn’t let go when they hit the ground, when he KNOWS the ball is gone, which just makes it worse.

And I think that also played into the flag not being thrown. It was a testy game between division rivals. I think the refs just wanted to get it over with.

Again, I think some folks are reflexively feeling the need to defend Garrett here, or at least deflect blame from him, for whatever reason. When the dude is LUCKY, more than anything. Lucky he’s not sitting in jail today for murder or attempted murder.

There were no mitigating circumstances here for Garrett. None.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:10 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
And Garrett doesn’t let go when they hit the ground, when he KNOWS the ball is gone, which just makes it worse.
Bullshit. Rudy's hands were at Myles helmet the instant they hit the ground.

[Reply]
Bump 04:14 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
That wasn't a helmet grab ala a hard facemask man. That was flatly trying to rip off the guy's head protection while bodies are still flying around them.

This doesn't happen in half the games you watch. If not a suspension... at minimum he should have been ejected from the game.
No matter how many times I watch that, nothing warrants ripping his helmet off and trying to crack his skull with it. If it hit with the top part of the helmet, it could do some damage.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:14 PM 11-15-2019

Alright, so just out of curiosity, what percentage of the blame for the helmet bash do you assign to Rudolph?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:20 PM 11-15-2019
Alright, so just out of curiosity, what percentage of the blame for the helmet bash do you assign to Rudolph?
The same amount of blame a younger brother gets for getting physical with his much older, bigger, and stronger brother who then over reacts and bludgeons him with whatever is at hand.

No one is saying that Rudy deserved to get Riddell imprinted on his head. But it isn't wrong to acknowledge that he "started" that shit. Not only round 1 (on the ground) but also round 2 (after DeCastro had separated them) and he got clocked.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:20 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
No matter how many times I watch that, nothing warrants ripping his helmet off and trying to crack his skull with it. If it hit with the top part of the helmet, it could do some damage.
I don't think anyone is excusing that aspect of things.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:21 PM 11-15-2019
Dude, there’s 5 seconds left in a 2 score game. The game is over. There was no reason to twist Rudolph to the ground in that scenario, none. And Garrett doesn’t let go when they hit the ground, when he KNOWS the ball is gone, which just makes it worse.

And I think that also played into the flag not being thrown. It was a testy game between division rivals. I think the refs just wanted to get it over with.

Again, I think some folks are reflexively feeling the need to defend Garrett here, or at least deflect blame from him, for whatever reason. When the dude is LUCKY, more than anything. Lucky he’s not sitting in jail today for murder or attempted murder.

There were no mitigating circumstances here for Garrett. None.
I don't care about Garrett I just don't like this narrative that Rudolph didn't do any thing wrong when in reality he started it. Sure the game was about over but then again they didn't have to run a play on offense down by 2 scores with no chance to win.

Regardless I absolutely enjoyed watching it unfold :-)
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:24 PM 11-15-2019

Looks to me like the right hand is on the shoulder pad, they hit the ground his hands slides past the helmet & hits the ground then he reaches back & grabs the helmet.

The left hand is between the players bodies & is impossible to tell where exactly it is until after they hit the ground. Honestly it looks to me like the left hand was actually turned the wrong way to be grabbing the face mask. Looks like the back of his hand is against the mask not his palm.

Right hand definitely attempts to remove the helmet from the back but that's after Myles has wrestled him to the ground seconds after the ball has been released. How long does a player have to be wrestled down & pinned before he's allowed to fight back?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:28 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Right hand definitely attempts to remove the helmet from the back but that's after Myles has wrestled him to the ground seconds after the ball has been released. How long does a player have to be wrestled down & pinned before he's allowed to fight back?
Bullshit!

The hit took place at the exact moment he was throwing. Myles had no way of knowing the ball got out and not hearing a whistle... he needs to finish that tackle. Dude had his head buried in Rudy's chest. There was ZERO way for him to know the ball got out.

Rudy's first action upon impact with the ground was to try to rip off dude's helmet.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:29 PM 11-15-2019
I don't care about Garrett I just don't like this narrative that Rudolph didn't do any thing wrong when in reality he started it. Sure the game was about over but then again they didn't have to run a play on offense down by 2 scores with no chance to win.

I don’t care about Garrett. I actively dislike Rudolph. So I have no skin in the game. I guess I just don’t see why anyone would be inclined to say “well sure, he tried to murder Rudolph, but RUDOLPH STARTED IT!!!”

Especially when there isn’t even a consensus that Rudolph actually did start it, which is a decidedly minority view, from what I’ve seen.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:30 PM 11-15-2019

Especially when there isn’t even a consensus that Rudolph actually did start it, which is a decidedly minority view, from what I’ve seen.
You also saw a late hit with those eyes you trust so much so...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:30 PM 11-15-2019

So do you think Sammy Watkins was being a little shit when he was going at it with myles jack?

Myles jack went berzerk. For good reason, nobody even mentioned Watkins. Because being a little shit doesn't justify a berzerk retaliation. I didnt think a player would outdo that this year, but Garrett was Jack psycho times 1000.

Anyone even focusing on Rudolph is basically like seeing a teacher who bodyslams a student into the ground and saying... Well maybe the little shit shouldn't have been throwing spitballs. Rudolph may have been a little shit but that means nothing when Garrett goes way beyond overreaction.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:31 PM 11-15-2019
Here is a screen shot I took of his "late" hit.

How can anyone say that is late?
I've never thought the hit was all that late.

It's the douche move that followed when he knew the ball was gone that instigated the whole mess. On top of the douche move, it was a near meaningless play at the end of the game. There was zero reason to drag him down like that and try to make sure he ended up on top. Even the big ass linemen had time to stand around and turn before noticing some moron is rolling their Qb around on the ground like an idiot. That's the punk move that instigated the event.

Moron got rewarded with a reaction, that eventually set him off on a track to pay for the experience.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:35 PM 11-15-2019
Bullshit!

The hit took place at the exact moment he was throwing. Myles had no way of knowing the ball got out and not hearing a whistle... he needs to finish that tackle. Dude had his head buried in Rudy's chest. There was ZERO way for him to know the ball got out.

Rudy's first action upon impact with the ground was to try to rip off dude's helmet.
1. Way after the play. Doesn't justify throwing him to the ground. He knew damn well what he was doing.
2. The drive was meaningless. You won. No reason for winners to pull this chippy shit on the last drive.
3. Browns were doing this all game (in case you forgot how much we pissed on the jags and ravens for the "little extra" on their often late tackles)
4. Garrett was doing this all game
5. Garrett's been doing this all season
[Reply]
Page 16 of 30
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up