Page 220 of 298
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:42 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I hope it's true and that we hire a younger up-and-coming coach. I see a lot of the older coaches not adjusting to the new rules and game style. I think younger guys are more open to change.
Just watch it'll be Britt Reid
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:47 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
There are people on here who have repeatedly claimed another coordinator would do no better with the current players than Bob Sutton.
Another DC won't make Ragland a better tackler.

Another DC won't make Ron Parker not be slow as fuck.

Our ILBs are straight garbage and every DB not named Fuller, Berry, or Lucas shouldn't be on an NFL roster.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:47 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Just watch it'll be Britt Reid
Be careful what you wish for.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Another DC won't make Ron Parker not be slow as ****.

Our ILBs are straight garbage and every DB not named Fuller, Berry, or Lucas shouldn't be on an NFL roster.
Hitchens looked good in Dallas, not good here.

Fuller looked great in Washington; looks mediocre here.

Parker shouldn't be playing ahead of Lucas; yet he does here.

When every drafted player looks like garbage, and FA signees that looked good elsewhere look like crap here, and in week 15 players don't know how to line up and don't know what their responsibilities are, then I blame the coaching staff. Sorry, I just do. These guys are unprepared every week. Is it more likely that they're all that stupid or more likely that the coaching staff is doing a poor job of preparing them?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:56 PM 12-23-2018
Be careful what you wish for.
Not wish, worst case scenario of nepotism
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:57 PM 12-23-2018
Not wish, worse case scenario of nepotism
Surely this will not happen.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:00 PM 12-23-2018

When every drafted player looks like garbage, and FA signees that looked good elsewhere look like crap here, and in week 15 players don't know how to line up and don't know what their responsibilities are, then I blame the coaching staff. Sorry, I just do. These guys are unprepared every week. Is it more likely that they're all that stupid or more likely that the coaching staff is doing a poor job of preparing them?
Bingo!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:03 PM 12-23-2018

Hitchens played good vs Ravens, idk.

I think the game has passed Emmitt Thomas by, between all DPI/holding and the fact that no one ascends in our secondary - I mean, Berry was a stud when he got here. Marcus Peters was Marcus Peters when he got here, Fuller has regressed. Gaines had so much promise...

I find it fairly damning that our secondary just never improves. Different players, same results. Orlando Scandrick IS Jamal Flemming IS Phillip Gaines IS Marcus Cooper. Sean Smith had ONE good season.

One thing, though - both Fuller and Scandrick really should be playing the slot. Fuller is one of the BEST NFL slot CBs. No reason at all that he's playing the outside island, except that we don't have anyone else...

We really don't have a viable option at CB. That's on Veach for trading Peters without replacing him (Fuller was here before Peters was traded, so...there still should have been a contingency plan...why the **** didn't they sign Brashaud Breeland?)

Idk, but I tell you what, no matter if they keep Sutton or bring in Todd Bowles or Bill Cowher as DC, if they keep Emmitt Thomas as DB coach, our secondary will continue to be hot flaming garbage covered in AIDS and antifreeze
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:03 PM 12-23-2018
and for the record, I'm on the Ben Bloom for DC bus, switching to a 4-3.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:05 PM 12-23-2018
Not wish, worst case scenario of nepotism
I'm just saying, everyone who has their Bob Sutton voodoo dolls out better hope and pray he doesn't get replaced by Britt Fucking Reid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:06 PM 12-23-2018
and for the record, I'm on the Ben Bloom for DC bus, switching to a 4-3.
Absolutely.

100 %
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:07 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I bet he won't fire him but he'll retire or resign. That's my hope anyway.
Ah the 'ol political way to fir someone. Wonder if we can bring Trump in as a consultant. He knows how to make this happen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:07 PM 12-23-2018
Hitchens played good vs Ravens, idk.

I think the game has passed Emmitt Thomas by, between all DPI/holding and the fact that no ascends in our secondary - I mean, Berry was a stud when he got here. Marcus Peters was Marcus Peters when he got here, Fuller has regressed. Gaines had so much promise...

I find it fairly damning that our secondary just never improves. Different players, same results. Orlando Scandrick IS Jamal Flemming IS Phillip Gaines IS Marcus Cooper. Sean Smith had ONE good season.

One thing, though - both Fuller and Scandrick really should be playing the slot. Fuller is one of the BEST NFL slot CBs. No reason at all that he's playing the outside island, except that we don't have anyone else...

We really don't have a viable option at CB. That's on Veach for trading Peters without replacing him (Fuller was here before Peters was traded, so...there still should have been a contingency plan...why the **** didn't they sign Brashaud Breeland?)

Idk, but I tell you what, no matter if they keep Sutton or bring in Todd Bowles or Bill Cowher as DC, if they keep Emmitt Thomas as DB coach, our secondary will continue to be hot flaming garbage covered in AIDS and antifreeze
I would agree with all of that and add that-
we don't really know if we might or might have had a decent option at CB if the secondary coaching is so awful (and it clearly is.) The fact that we've been unable to develop a single player in the secondary in several years would tell me that the coaching is a problem. Peters was exactly the same player in his first year as his last here, so I don't even count that. And it's not like the players we drafted were measurably bad physically; or drafted way ahead of their projection or anything. So not a single one develops? You're right. Coaching. top down on that side of the ball.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 01:08 PM 12-23-2018

Another DC won't make Ron Parker not be slow as ****.

Maybe not, but maybe we’ll get a coordinator who will make players be accountable and start benching fuckers who don’t produce. Even if it may mean starting younger players. Do like the Ravens do for their new/young guys and dumb down the scheme. Lucas should be fucking playing and that old man Sutton’s doing, wanting to play shit safe instead of getting players who may actually fly to the ball.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:10 PM 12-23-2018
Absolutely.

100 %
Right? Put Hitchens back with the coach he excelled under. Put your last two #2 picks at the position they're physically built for, 4-3 DE (Speaks and Kpass).
[Reply]
Page 220 of 298
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Up