ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 172
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:10 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What I'm curious about, when Jimmy lays the big apology on Kim. The first one when he first gets back to the office after lockup. Is that genuine Jimmy or slippin' Jimmy talking. Or does it matter, or is there a difference at this point in the narrative.

Came across as genuine to me. Wouldn't bet either way. The writers are on this show are really clever.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:40 PM 05-02-2017
If I was Jimmy, I'd hire Mike to take my brother out. Hate that fucking Chuck.
[Reply]
notorious 07:04 PM 05-02-2017
Jimmy has done some fucked up things to his brother.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:31 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Jimmy has done some ****ed up things to his brother.
Can't say he hasn't deserved it. Hard to be against Jimmy at this point vs his brother. Chuck is a grade A pompous egotistical asshat.

I'm sure Jimmy when he turns into Saul will become more of a detestable human being kind of like how Walt turned into Heisenberg and much less likable at that point. And in turn we started to see Hank in a different more likable light. Curious to see if the same turn comes with Chuck.
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 PM 05-02-2017
Damn BWillie. That's a damn good observation.

In the end, Walt was such a bastard he was impossible to like.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:41 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
If I was Jimmy, I'd hire Mike to take my brother out. Hate that fucking Chuck.
It'd be easy and legal. Just expose him to a normal level of environmental stress and some everyday electronics until he has a breakdown, then have him committed.
[Reply]
notorious 08:46 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
It'd be easy and legal. Just expose him to a normal level of environmental stress and some everyday electronics until he has a breakdown, then have him committed.
I bet that happens in court.

The judge won't suck Chuck's dick and let him turn the lights off like the prosecuting attorney did . In the preview it looked like Chuck was about to melt down.
[Reply]
notorious 09:01 PM 05-02-2017
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/better-call...154904869.html

Great interview.
[Reply]
eDave 01:45 AM 05-03-2017
I have a feeling that Jimmy is going to do something to piss Kim off and she leaves him.

She can't die, Saul would be devastated.
I've been struggling all day trying to figure this out. What did Kim accomplish there. A duplicate helps Jimmy how.

/feeling stoopid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:52 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've been struggling all day trying to figure this out. What did Kim accomplish there. A duplicate helps Jimmy how.

/feeling stoopid.
I hope they come up with some good [and plausible].

Best I can figure is either some form of entrapment [ie, knowledge aforehand that he was goading Jimmy into an intrusion and preparation pursuant thereto], or some gambit regarding Chuck's competence [the byzantine efforts he goes to in order to secure Jimmy's statement].

Not sure how they're going to accomplish it, but I wouldn't be surprised in the end if Jimmy changed his name to Saul in order to avoid the stink on Chuck's name, rather than the other way around.
[Reply]
eDave 01:56 AM 05-03-2017

Best I can figure is either some form of entrapment [ie, knowledge aforehand that he was goading Jimmy into an intrusion and preparation pursuant thereto], or some gambit regarding Chuck's competence [the byzantine efforts he goes to in order to secure Jimmy's statement].

Not sure how they're going to accomplish it, but I wouldn't be surprised in the end if Jimmy changed his name to Saul in order to avoid the stink on Chuck's name, rather than the other way around.
Thanks BL. I meant to quote his earlier post:

"Bingo"

The trap is set, and Chuck is going to walk right into it in court.

Curious to hear his take as well. I mean, of course you make a copy.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:41 AM 05-03-2017

Wonder if he pulled a page from Chuck's book and taped their hallway conversation. Why would Chuck have a duplicate tape in the tape recorder unless he was trying to set Jimmy up. Perhaps Mike gave Jimmy the address of the original, which is under lock and key. Who knows what they'd do with that tape.

The other part I found interesting was the Financial Times photo under a lamp. Either Jimmy found some kind of smoking gun. Or they slickly found a flaw in Jimmy's plan. If that picture is introduced, they can probably figure out the date the pictures were taken. If Chuck figures that out, they're in some deep shit.
[Reply]
notorious 05:54 AM 05-03-2017
First thing I thought of when I saw the lamp on the financial times is "fire hazard". They can show this photo and explain that Jimmy said the things on the tape to save his brother from himself, yet his brother is so crazy that he keeps going on some psycho quest, trying to blame Jimmy for everything.

Basically they want to show that Chuck is a hazard to himself and others and have him committed.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:06 AM 05-03-2017
First thing I thought of when I saw the lamp on the financial times is "fire hazard". They can show this photo and explain that Jimmy said the things on the tape to save his brother from himself, yet his brother is so crazy that he keeps going on some psycho quest, trying to blame Jimmy for everything.

Basically they want to show that Chuck is a hazard to himself and others and have him committed.
I'd have to say they have some sort of mental competency play along with maybe trying to say Jimmy only told Chuck he switched out the addresses on the Mesa Verde paperwork to keep Chuck from having a breakdown.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:33 AM 05-03-2017

I also wonder if that was a foreshadowing of Chuck's demise.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 172
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Up