ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:08 AM 10-20-2020
Allen needs the Cam Newton offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I haven't watched ESPN in years since I got rid of cable but I didn't realize they had gotten this shitty. What kind of "sports" network rates Allen better than Mahomes last night? I'm completely baffled by this.
It's the rushing yards. It's actually still not that bad. ESPN's QBR is about the best measure available, despite its warts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
6 rushing yards makes that big of a difference?
Picking up first downs absolutely do.
[Reply]
HayWire 08:37 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the rushing yards. It's actually still not that bad. ESPN's QBR is about the best measure available, despite its warts.
I guess I just don't see it. He may have had 6 more rushing yards and picked up some first downs but I can't wrap my head around him having a "better" game than Mahomes.

I looked up an article explaining the formula for QBR and it seems to be all over the place trying to explain it. "ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating (Total QBR), which was released in 2011, has never claimed to be perfect, but unlike other measures of quarterback performance, it incorporates all of a quarterback’s contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties."

Oh well. Still got a win so it's probably not worth losing sleep over.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:41 AM 10-20-2020
Allen is the same thing as Ryan Tannehill: a bigger-bodied, stronger-armed Matt Cassel. I almost said 'a stronger-armed Alex Smith' but I don't believe either one of them have Alex's football IQ.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I guess I just don't see it. He may have had 6 more rushing yards and picked up some first downs but I can't wrap my head around him having a "better" game than Mahomes.

I looked up an article explaining the formula for QBR and it seems to be all over the place trying to explain it. "ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating (Total QBR), which was released in 2011, has never claimed to be perfect, but unlike other measures of quarterback performance, it incorporates all of a quarterback’s contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties."

Oh well. Still got a win so it's probably not worth losing sleep over.
It's not. Trust me.

Especially since according to ESPN's QBR, Patrick is the 2nd-best QB in the league right now. :-)

The simple fact is that there's no objective way to measure total performance. ESPN's QBR is more comprehensive than the traditional QB Rating but it's not necessarily more accurate.

Both are likely better than PFF, which is literally a bunch of fans sitting in their basements making subjective guesses about performance.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 10-20-2020
Inaccurate QB remains inaccurate. News at 10.

Seriously guys, I think we're at the point we can put this to rest. Guys just aren't going to get THAT much more accurate. If a guys struggles with accuracy in college, surprise surprise, he's gonna struggle with it in the NFL.
[Reply]
HayWire 08:50 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not. Trust me.

Especially since according to ESPN's QBR, Patrick is the 2nd-best QB in the league right now. :-)

The simple fact is that there's no objective way to measure total performance. ESPN's QBR is more comprehensive than the traditional QB Rating but it's not necessarily more accurate.

Both are likely better than PFF, which is literally a bunch of fans sitting in their basements making subjective guesses about performance.
I agree with that. The one thing I think they do get right is weighting yardage different. Gaining 5 on 3 and 5 should be more important than gaining 5 on 3 and 10. I guess it's better to stick with the eye test and take the experts numbers with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:09 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Allen is the same thing as Ryan Tannehill: a bigger-bodied, stronger-armed Matt Cassel. I almost said 'a stronger-armed Alex Smith' but I don't believe either one of them have Alex's football IQ.
Both are VASTLY better than Matt Cassel.

I dunno if you're under rating them or over rating cassel.. but no. Just... no.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:19 AM 10-20-2020
Uh, no. I would MUCH rather have Tannehill or Allen than Cassel. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:21 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yes, or even what the Ravens are running with Jackson.

Unlike Jackson, Allen has the arm strength to make teams respect his throwing outside the numbers.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:24 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Inaccurate QB remains inaccurate. News at 10.

Seriously guys, I think we're at the point we can put this to rest. Guys just aren't going to get THAT much more accurate. If a guys struggles with accuracy in college, surprise surprise, he's gonna struggle with it in the NFL.
I don't think he was that inaccurate actually.

There's only two throws i can recall that were blatantly inaccurate. And on one of them he was running for his life.

The Chiefs defense just isn't getting their credit due, even from Chiefs fans.

Lamar Jackson: 15/28 97 yards

Josh Allen: 14/27 122 yards. (half of that came on ONE drive)

The Chiefs D shit on the two premiere QB's in the AFC. When they're focused in, they beast.

When they get complacent or don't play with that chip on their shoulder they get games like the Raiders game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yes, or even what the Ravens are running with Jackson.
Ridiculous.
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't think he was that inaccurate actually.

There's only two throws i can recall that were blatantly inaccurate. And on one of them he was running for his life.

The Chiefs defense just isn't getting their credit due, even from Chiefs fans.

Lamar Jackson: 15/28 97 yards

Josh Allen: 14/27 122 yards. (half of that came on ONE drive)

The Chiefs D shit on the two premiere QB's in the AFC. When they're focused in, they beast.

When they get complacent or don't play with that chip on their shoulder they get games like the Raiders game.
He missed alot of pretty routine throws. Part of being an NFL QB is making throws accurately under pressure. He can't consistently do that.
[Reply]
Best22 10:28 AM 10-20-2020
Cassel and Tannehill don’t belong in the same sentence
[Reply]
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up