ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
DTVietnam 02:40 AM 02-02-2020
@10:30 mark talks Reid and Mahomes
@12 minute mark (game prediction and who he wants to win):

[Reply]
dlphg9 04:41 AM 02-02-2020
Lol this Alex mentored Mahomes and taught him how to be a pro thing is so overblown. Yeah Alex was nice to him and tried to help him learn, but Mahomes was already light years ahead of where Alex was. KC just loves nice people so everyone has to believe that Alex taught PMII how to read a defense and what kind of pajamas to wear on the night before a game.
[Reply]
seamonster 06:00 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Is Haskins even worth it? Admittedly, I don't follow Redskins football but I thought he wasn't really any good.
Haskins came alive the last three games of the season (look up the numbers). Showed promise. The problem with Haskins is that he's entitled and knows the owner. If Rivera can get haskins to lock into their system he'd be very good. He's got major arm talent and can make all the throws when he's not taking selfies on the sideline as the game is in-play.

As far as Alex Smith, he's somehow played his way into Dan Snyders inner circle, which I don't think bodes well for his future in the league or Redskins park. No coach or GM wants to look over their shoulder and see some Jhonny-come-lately ex-player whispering into the owners ear.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:08 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have softened my stance on Alex to where I really respect the guy for how he mentored Mahomes. He helped program our Cyborg to destroy defenses.
By teaching him what NOT to do...
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:26 AM 02-02-2020
Some dip shit on the radio tonight did some monologue acting like Mahomes is only this good because of Alex being such a great teacher. He said Alex doesn't get enough credit. Fuck that
[Reply]
DaFace 06:55 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Some dip shit on the radio tonight did some monologue acting like Mahomes is only this good because of Alex being such a great teacher. He said Alex doesn't get enough credit. Fuck that
It's clear that Alex was a positive influence on Patrick. I'm not sure why you care so much about how people characterize the magnitude.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:45 AM 02-02-2020
Lol this Alex mentored Mahomes and taught him how to be a pro thing is so overblown. Yeah Alex was nice to him and tried to help him learn, but Mahomes was already light years ahead of where Alex was. KC just loves nice people so everyone has to believe that Alex taught PMII how to read a defense and what kind of pajamas to wear on the night before a game.
That's bullshit. Mahomes has genuinely talked about how much Alex helped him. Maybe less on Xs and Os or fundamentals, but he specifically said Alex walked him through how to blueprint preparation each week. And it can't be said enough how uncomfortable Alex could have made it on his way out. He didn't pout or nix trade offers. By all accounts not only was he a pro about it, he actually was supportive of mahomes throughout.

I'm glad we moved on to mahomes. Always was. I don't know how anyone can hate on Alex at this point.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:08 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's clear that Alex was a positive influence on Patrick. I'm not sure why you care so much about how people characterize the magnitude.
Agreed.

Even Mahomes Dad had talked about how much Smitty helped Mahomes. Mahomes came into a great situation here in KC w Reid, Smitty and all the weapons we have. I don't understand why this is so hard for some ppl to admit.
[Reply]
loochy 08:15 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
I never disliked Alex. He was the best available at the time.

That's kind of how I feel. Everyone forgets how much of a step up he was from Cassel. We got Smith and Reid in and we started winning immediately. Of course he wasn't good enough to get us over the playoff hump, but he did play a massive role in bringing this franchise back from the Cassel/Pioli abyss.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:20 AM 02-02-2020
To get to the Promised Land, forgiveness will be involved. A.S. does not even register on that scale. I wonder who all might...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:28 AM 02-02-2020
Can't be stated enough. Mahomes walked into a great situation. But it wouldn't have been all that great if mahomes was drafted in 2013. Our franchise was a disaster, our roster was a mess, Reid was supposedly washed out, this franchise had a huge playoff monkey on our back, Reid was killed by ND of tinkering with this new but creative offense. Imagine the pressure of mahomes fixing all those things. Winning fixes lots of things. We had a few good drafts and free agents were again eager to play here again. Alex Smith was a huge part of stabilizing the franchise. Mahomes is the guy who will take us over the top. It's perfect and I like Alex Smith as a human enough to recognize his role in getting us here even if he wasn't the man for finishing the job.
[Reply]
milkshock 08:29 AM 02-02-2020

Bingo.

The only ‘mentoring’ that went on in Alex last season was Mahomes showing Smith the value of the deep ball - which is why Smith had a career year.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:33 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's bullshit. Mahomes has genuinely talked about how much Alex helped him. Maybe less on Xs and Os or fundamentals, but he specifically said Alex walked him through how to blueprint preparation each week. And it can't be said enough how uncomfortable Alex could have made it on his way out. He didn't pout or nix trade offers. By all accounts not only was he a pro about it, he actually was supportive of mahomes throughout.

I'm glad we moved on to mahomes. Always was. I don't know how anyone can hate on Alex at this point.
^
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:43 AM 02-02-2020
I still don't get why people hate Alex Smith. I'm thankful that Mahomes had a season behind him to learn some NFL stuff and to be a pro. Mahomes always says how helpful he was to him.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:50 AM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I think if they win the big game today, Clark should give a ring to Alex.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up