Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Daniel Jeremiah’s First 2022 Mock Draft
staylor26 06:46 PM 01-21-2022
https://www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jere...is-among-3-qbs

Originally Posted by :
30. Kansas City Chiefs
SELECTION: Jameson Williams, WR
School: Alabama
Year: Junior

This just seems too perfect to not happen. Williams will slide after tearing his ACL in the College Football Playoff National Championship. God help the rest of the AFC if this speed merchant lands with Patrick Mahomes.

[Reply]
Stryker 06:53 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What issue are you solving in 2022 by making that pick? Certainly not your need for a #2 WR.

The chances are higher than they aren't that he makes no meaningful impact at all in 2022. The likelihood of him taking snaps before December is slim.

Now, if you're taking the guy for 2023, yeah, no issues right? Hopefully. While ACLs aren't a "big deal" most of the time, that doesn't mean they can't be. I don't expect it to be for him but you never know, and nobody will get to see him run before the draft to know for sure. It's a massive risk with a #1 pick that could be worth it long-term, but certainly not in the short term.

The only way this pick makes sense is if you can get a rental #2 for 2022 AND you can address some glaring needs elsewhere in FA. You take the guy because you have afforded yourself the luxury. Even then, there are plenty of other really good WRs in this class, not just in the 1st but going into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
I COMPLETELY understand the concern - did not read all comments - who do you like with the pick at this point in time?
[Reply]
tmax63 07:11 PM 01-25-2022
This is the kind of pick the Chiefs can afford to make. I don't expect them to fall off a cliff and miss the playoffs next year so picking a top 15 talent and letting them heal up and learn the playbook for most of next year is a good risk. Having new weapon in time for the playoffs that nobody has tape on could come in real handy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:55 PM 01-25-2022
I think the idea with Jameson Williams is … do you spend the pick on a guy with a talent level you’re unlikely to be able to draft in the first any time soon?

Do you take the risk knowing the upside is huge?

It’s more of a play for 2023 and beyond than just for 2022.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:32 AM 01-26-2022
Please.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:20 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:

If we get a top tier FA WR,…. then I’d be all on it.
We can’t sign top tier free agents to every position. We are going to sign Orlando Brown to long term deal. I hope we tag HB but I’m afraid we try to resign long term also. Signing HB long term is not a good idea. He’s getting older and His play is declining. Our biggest free agent signing has to be DE. We must get better at de and replace clark and there isn’t a year one difference maker where we pick. We just can’t pay top dollar at every position. So, you spend your money on Orlando brown, a defensive end and HB on a one year tag and draft his replacement and find cheap players everywhere else.

Y’all may throw stones at me but I’d draft jameson and resign Sammy Watkins to a one year deal. He’s still young and knows the system. We gotta find cheap free agents like McKinnon that can come in and make a difference everywhere else.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:39 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
We can’t sign top tier free agents to every position. We are going to sign Orlando Brown to long term deal. I hope we tag HB but I’m afraid we try to resign long term also. Signing HB long term is not a good idea. He’s getting older and His play is declining. Our biggest free agent signing has to be DE. We must get better at de and replace clark and there isn’t a year one difference maker where we pick. We just can’t pay top dollar at every position. So, you spend your money on Orlando brown, a defensive end and HB on a one year tag and draft his replacement and find cheap players everywhere else.

Y’all may throw stones at me but I’d draft jameson and resign Sammy Watkins to a one year deal. He’s still young and knows the system. We gotta find cheap free agents like McKinnon that can come in and make a difference everywhere else.

The thing is though, the best fits at DE are Derek Barnett or Charles Harris or Emmanuel Ogbah.

You can probably get one at 10-11M AAV. Or two at roughly the cap savings you get from cutting Clark.

You can go sign a stud safety for 15-16M. For me, I’d plan on spending about $30M on 2 DE and a S (in terms of AAV).

That could be enough to land Marcus Williams. And Ogbah. And Melvin Ingram (or Charles Harris if you believe he finally unlocked his ability).

That works just fine. There is not a stud DE out there worth the huge contract. Not a centerpiece guy.

So sign good fits and hope it works. Maybe throw a draft pick at the Saints for Marcus Davenport.

And draft a guy who can ascend to centerpiece status with some development (Sanders. Jackson. Enagbare.)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:53 PM 01-31-2022
If a top 5 talent falls to you that far you absolutely take him
[Reply]
kccrow 08:21 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If a top 5 talent falls to you that far you absolutely take him
Jameson Williams is nowhere near a top 5 talent. Hell, most WRs aren't top 10 talents in most years and I don't think he'd be if he were healthy.

I'd put Williams at top-15 if healthy. Somewhere around Ruggs-level talent. Relatively raw but speed that is hard to ignore.

The only WRs I'd give a passing chance at top-10 this year are Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks. Burks because he may run 4.3 at 6'3" 225 pounds and Wilson because he's very similar to a Stefon Diggs type or DaVonta Smith but bigger. I'd call Wilson fringe and Burks a break-in post-workouts.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:58 PM 01-31-2022
Jameson Williams is nowhere near a top 5 talent. Hell, most WRs aren't top 10 talents in most years and I don't think he'd be if he were healthy.

I'd put Williams at top-15 if healthy. Somewhere around Ruggs-level talent. Relatively raw but speed that is hard to ignore.

The only WRs I'd give a passing chance at top-10 this year are Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks. Burks because he may run 4.3 at 6'3" 225 pounds and Wilson because he's very similar to a Stefon Diggs type or DaVonta Smith but bigger. I'd call Wilson fringe and Burks a break-in post-workouts.
I saw him mocked anywhere between 5-10 most of the year. I think he's a great talent paired with Kelce/Hill and hopefully we get a speed back this offense will be unstoppable
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 AM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The thing is though, the best fits at DE are Derek Barnett or Charles Harris or Emmanuel Ogbah.

You can probably get one at 10-11M AAV. Or two at roughly the cap savings you get from cutting Clark.

You can go sign a stud safety for 15-16M. For me, I’d plan on spending about $30M on 2 DE and a S (in terms of AAV).

That could be enough to land Marcus Williams. And Ogbah. And Melvin Ingram (or Charles Harris if you believe he finally unlocked his ability).

That works just fine. There is not a stud DE out there worth the huge contract. Not a centerpiece guy.

So sign good fits and hope it works. Maybe throw a draft pick at the Saints for Marcus Davenport.

And draft a guy who can ascend to centerpiece status with some development (Sanders. Jackson. Enagbare.)
Ogbah, Ingram, Marcus Williams, and a defense heavy draft (other than RB and WR) would be ideal, IMO.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:47 AM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I saw him mocked anywhere between 5-10 most of the year. I think he's a great talent paired with Kelce/Hill and hopefully we get a speed back this offense will be unstoppable

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/?_ga=...375.1634198692

The Ringer did a great little write-up on him
He at the very least could give us more PR/KR action but Jesus, a faster Jerry Juedy is about the best we could hope for if we're talking about the 3rd option on offense. Here is a quick look if someone wants it:
Attached: Screenshot_20220203-074306_Chrome.jpg (57.4 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 02-03-2022

Yeah I just keep getting back to this.

I don't think he was a slam dunk fit even BEFORE his injury. You mention Ruggs, I was thinking Jeudy, but that may just be a lazy Alabama comparison.

In either event, he's not a sure thing, IMO. And if he doesn't recapture every single shred of that athleticism after his injury, he may not make an impact in the NFL at all because his explosion is what makes him.

I wouldn't piss and wail and moan if we took him (well, depending on who's available), but if it were my call I just don't think this is the direction I'd go. Sometimes the allure of a 'bargain' just makes us talk oursleves into something that may not have been a perfect fit to begin with.
[Reply]
objectivitycave 01:08 PM 02-04-2022
What if you could land George Pickens instead?

6’3’ 200lbs and a human highlight reel

In the second round?

Pickens isn’t a burner like some of the other guys but his physicality more than makes up for a so called “lack of top end speed”

He would be a steal in the 2nd round

And that way you could draft defense with the first rounder
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 02-04-2022
If Pickens is still available at our 2nd, I’m running to the podium myself.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:15 PM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Pickens is still available at our 2nd, I’m running to the podium myself.
Can’t wait for the Hardman and Conley arguments to get louder if we draft him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up