< 12345 678 >
Media Center>MCU: Eternals (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 05-24-2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:25 PM 08-24-2021
This just looks blah to me. First MCU movie I will probably bypass
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:23 PM 09-10-2021

BREAKING: #Eternals will officially have an exclusive 45-day theatrical window before eventually being released on Disney Plus! Details: https://t.co/UCdLvZLm9R pic.twitter.com/HC2C2GsckF

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) September 10, 2021

[Reply]
meleknistra 12:23 PM 09-11-2021
agree
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:41 PM 09-11-2021
I hate comic book movies so i would never have watched this anyway, but even if I was a fan I'd have to agree with Deberg about this looking bland.

The coolest thing about Kirby's Eternals were the Celestials. Imagine a trailer where the camera first shows an incredibly high mountain range. Then it pans back and you see the feet of a colossus looming above the highest mountain top. Pan higher, and further back, and Arishem the Judge is revealed. Cut to all of your Eternals stuff. Cut back at the end of the trailer and have the camera pan back even further to reveal another Celestial, Exitar the Exterminator, who dwarfs even Arishem.

[Reply]
Rausch 12:39 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I hate comic book movies so i would never have watched this anyway, but even if I was a fan I'd have to agree with Deberg about this looking bland.

The coolest thing about Kirby's Eternals were the Celestials. Imagine a trailer where the camera first shows an incredibly high mountain range. Then it pans back and you see the feet of a colossus looming above the highest mountain top. Pan higher, and further back, and Arishem the Judge is revealed. Cut to all of your Eternals stuff. Cut back at the end of the trailer and have the camera pan back even further to reveal another Celestial, Exitar the Exterminator, who dwarfs even Arishem.
This.

This would be good and likely much better than they will do. Hopefully they're able to tie the celestials to mutants and open the door to introducing mutants to the MCU.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:43 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This.

This would be good and likely much better than they will do. Hopefully they're able to tie the celestials to mutants and open the door to introducing mutants to the MCU.
I think there is a chance we learn of mutants in this movie, especially with Ikaris having a spitting image power of Cyclops. And that's not to mention the whole Human/Deviant/Eternal experiment the Celestials started on Earth. However, I feel like the mutant angle will show up through the Spiderman and Dr. Strange movies, and this Eternals movie will be the vehicle they us to introduce the cosmic side and the heavy hitters associated with it (read - Galactus and the Surfer). But we'll see.

I'm actually getting a little more excited for this movie.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:35 PM 11-05-2021
I liked it, there are many gripes I could nitpick, but it gets better as it goes on and ends up being an entertaining movie. The twists are pretty obvious but I thought they were well done. I don't think they reach too far, there's only so many ways you can introduce Celestials and not have it seem a stretch. The movie in the first half jumps around way too much, flipping into flashbacks, back to present day, flashback, present day, that it put me to sleep for a bit there. But when they get to Druig, in the rainforest, the movie picks up and I enjoyed it from there on. I'll have to watch it again, not to really catch all the hidden things I missed, but because the sound was messed up in my theater and the voices were too quiet and even the action seemed muted, so I didn't catch alot of the humor or dialogue. Overall I would say 7/10 feels right, but by the end you are left wondering why they felt the need to tell this story in the first place, past money of course.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:36 AM 11-08-2021
Anyone watch this piece of sh*t yet?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:07 AM 11-12-2021
looks like a woke diversity crapfest
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:31 AM 11-12-2021
*sees more than two non-white actors*

"wOkE dIvErSiTy CrApFeSt"

[Reply]
DaFace 12:46 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I liked it, there are many gripes I could nitpick, but it gets better as it goes on and ends up being an entertaining movie. The twists are pretty obvious but I thought they were well done. I don't think they reach too far, there's only so many ways you can introduce Celestials and not have it seem a stretch. The movie in the first half jumps around way too much, flipping into flashbacks, back to present day, flashback, present day, that it put me to sleep for a bit there. But when they get to Druig, in the rainforest, the movie picks up and I enjoyed it from there on. I'll have to watch it again, not to really catch all the hidden things I missed, but because the sound was messed up in my theater and the voices were too quiet and even the action seemed muted, so I didn't catch alot of the humor or dialogue. Overall I would say 7/10 feels right, but by the end you are left wondering why they felt the need to tell this story in the first place, past money of course.

Spoiler!
Pretty much agree with this. It's a decent popcorn flick, but if you start tugging at the thread of areas where it fell short, it starts falling apart quite a bit. I enjoyed it, but there's no question it's pretty flawed.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:47 PM 11-15-2021
Definitely a whole different vibe from the other MCU movies. I enjoyed it, but the pacing was screwed up from the beginning and as Gravedigger and DaFace said the writing for some of these characters wasn't what it should have been.

And I'll spoiler this just in case, but

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 PM 11-15-2021
And just a minor thing, but I was a little surprised they referenced Superman in the movie.
I would have assumed DC would have told them hell no to using that line.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:39 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Apparently it was
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 05:15 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And just a minor thing, but I was a little surprised they referenced Superman in the movie.
I would have assumed DC would have told them hell no to using that line.
Eh, I don't think DC would have had much of a leg to stand on (nor would they have wanted to - it's free promotion). All they did was mention the name, which is obviously in the social lexicon. It's not that different than a Pepsi ad that compares it to Coke.

That said, I do think it's an interesting one to interpret. I don't think this means that the DC universe is canon in the MCU so much as it just means that the DC comics and movies are a part of the world in which the MCU exists.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up