Deberg_1990 08:35 AM 05-24-2021
Looks kinda meh for me.

Might be the first Marvel movie I skip.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-24-2021
Looks.....interesting?
[Reply]
Fish 09:33 AM 05-24-2021
All powerful immortal cosmic beings who can traverse the entire universe.

Goes to early Earth to teach nomads irrigation so they'll build a bitchin fort...
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:38 AM 05-24-2021
Ancient Aliens: The Movie. This time we are saying it was aliens.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:50 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Looks kinda meh for me.

Might be the first Marvel movie I skip.
That was the vaguest mcu movie trailer I've seen. Still don't know what the movie is about.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 05-24-2021
So, the setup is just like 2001: A Space Odyssey but instead of just leaving the Monolith on Earth, the moon and Jupiter's moon of Europa, the aliens decided to stay to watch over mankind.

I'm not sure if the public will buy into this premise or not.

If there are actual Gods living on Earth, where were they during the events of Infinity War/Endgame, not to mention, the first attack on New York in 2012 by Thanos?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 05-24-2021
This is what i meant when i said Marvel is getting bloated.

Yeah, yeah i get it, cash-cow and all. Still bloated.

Maybe the movie is good, idk, but i can't keep up with all these characters and timelines etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:48 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, the setup is just like 2001: A Space Odyssey but instead of just leaving the Monolith on Earth, the moon and Jupiter's moon of Europa, the aliens decided to stay to watch over mankind.

I'm not sure if the public will buy into this premise or not.

If there are actual Gods living on Earth, where were they during the events of Infinity War/Endgame, not to mention, the first attack on New York in 2012 by Thanos?
Apparently they were forbidden too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...cu-theory/amp/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:49 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is what i meant when i said Marvel is getting bloated.

Yeah, yeah i get it, cash-cow and all. Still bloated.

Maybe the movie is good, idk, but i can't keep up with all these characters and timelines etc.
My thoughts exactly.

I feel like we are approaching bloat as well when we are down to C level superhero stuff like this and Shang Chi.
[Reply]
Spott 12:49 PM 05-24-2021
It looks more like an X-Men movie than a MCU film. I don’t read the comics, so I’m not sure how Thanos was an eternal when the rest of them look a bunch of vegans.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:58 PM 05-24-2021
So these characters are gods as we would know the word, not in the sense that Thor was a god in the marvel universe? All knowing deity type thing? Like are they god to Thor, Thanos, etc?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:03 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So these characters are gods as we would know the word, not in the sense that Thor was a god in the marvel universe? All knowing deity type thing? Like are they god to Thor, Thanos, etc?
No, they were just the inspiration for various mythological figures.

In the MU Gods are extra-dimensional beings that courted the worship of various human cultures in pre-history. Gods are magical where as Eternals and Deviants are technological creations of the Celestials.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:05 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
It looks more like an X-Men movie than a MCU film. I don’t read the comics, so I’m not sure how Thanos was an eternal when the rest of them look a bunch of vegans.
Different group of Eternals but he is a mutated one if they introduce Starfox. If not he is just an alien.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:05 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Apparently they were forbidden too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...cu-theory/amp/
Lame.

"Yeah, we're totally awesome with totally awesome bad ass powers....that we can't use, sorry."
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up