ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:27 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I loved it on the first watch but have no desire to watch it again. Just that kind of movie you only need to see once.
I've probably watched it 50 times. I definitely agree that there are certain movies you only watch once. Raging Bull, The Revenant, Requiem for a Dream all fit that bill for me.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 PM 02-22-2019
I can’t believe I forgot this one. Manchester by the Sea is actually considered great. It’s even got 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Haha **** that movie in the ass and **** Ben Affleck’s retarded brother. My wife made me watch that movie in theatres and I can honestly say it’s the worst movie I’ve ever paid to see in a theater.

There’s no real star power in it, it’s depressing as shit and Casey Affleck ****ing sucks. Most pissed off I’ve ever been after seeing a movie.

Haven’t let my wife live that down since.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I can’t believe I forgot this one. Manchester by the Sea is actually considered great. It’s even got 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Haha **** that movie in the ass and **** Ben Affleck’s retarded brother. My wife made me watch that movie in theatres and I can honestly say it’s the worst movie I’ve ever paid to see in a theater.

There’s no real star power in it, it’s depressing as shit and Casey Affleck ****ing sucks. Most pissed off I’ve ever been after seeing a movie.

Haven’t let my wife live that down since.
This post makes me laugh. The hate is real folks!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:54 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Se7en was one of the best movies of the decade, but I will grant it requires a certain color of mood to enjoy.
Meh. I'm twisted enough to have watched it multiple times. That fucking ending.... damn.

[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:56 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Apocalypse Now was boring
are you talking about Apocalypse Now or are you talking about Apocalypse Now Redux? ANR is about an hour longer than the movie that hit the cinema. but that hour makes an enormous difference. Apoc now is one of my favorites still. ANR; you couldn't pay me to watch it. it is too plodding

John Milius is a genius so long as you can stand him. I can stand him for about 2 and 1/2 hours
[Reply]
listopencil 02:59 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
No he's right....movie is REALLY fucking boring as shit.

In fact out of the 100x it's been on TV throughout my life, I've never gotten through more than 20min of it.

Worst Xmas movie of all time hands down...would rather watch a soccer game.

You're dead to me.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:29 AM 02-23-2019
Any and all comic book movies. I know people love them and that’s fine for them but people get so incredulous when I tell them I have no interest in ever seeing Iron Man or the Avengers.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:35 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Requiem for a Dream
Still to this day the most gut wrenching,no hope movie I've ever watched.Aronofsky took me to a world I could not wait to get out of and even though I could've left at any time(remote by my side) I could not leave because I genuinely cared about the characters and kept hoping redemption was to come.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:55 AM 02-23-2019
Independence Day...

Oooh look, War of the Worlds except the virus is a computer virus. Dumb dumb DUMB!

Her...

Really? I bought that based on the reviews and was stunned at how anyone could think this is a good movie.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:19 AM 02-23-2019
I personally love The Big Lebowski but I can see how people hate it. My wife cannot stand the humor.

I’ll go way back and say Jason and the Argonauts. I loved that movie as a kid but I just rewatched watched it and holy hell they didn’t even attempt to do the actual myth justice. It’s like they tossed bunch of Greek myths in a blender and said **** it.
[Reply]
srvy 03:07 PM 02-23-2019
I dont know if it was ever considered a great movie but critics sure played up Gravity. I rented and again promptly ejected.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:09 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I love it but I could see lots of Napolean dynimite hate
If anyone has a problem with Napoleon, I'll meet them anywhere for a fight
[Reply]
007 03:24 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If anyone has a problem with Napoleon, I'll meet them anywhere for a fight
One of the absolute dumbest movies ever made.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:30 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
One of the absolute dumbest movies ever made.
WHERE YOU WANNA MEET MOTHERFUCKER?
[Reply]
Fish 04:36 PM 02-23-2019
Napoleon Dynamite. Ughh.... I didn't make it through half that stupid movie...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up