ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Otter 10:51 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
1. At least show Brolin getting killed. Too major of a character to get greased offscreen. And to get popped by people who were barely part of the story?

2. Skip the wreck. Pointless and annoying.

I don't care that the bad guy won. That's fine. But the whole story is leading you to a confrontation, and then when it should happen they just shove shit in your face and call it art. If I'm somehow lame for wanting the storyline resolved, well, sue me. If I want to see a bunch of disjointed random shit I'll look out the window.

Chug was picked up by the police on his way to a local hotel where he was going to set his arm broken from the crash. He was found guilty on all charges and spent the rest of his life in prison. He found Jesus and repented his sins on his death bed.

When he got to heaven he met with Llywellyn and his wife where they hugged, made up realizing and discussing their mistakes they made in their mortal bodies.

They were all reincarnated as bumble bees where they currently spend their days collecting nectar and building combs for their larvae. The Chugarh bumble bee ironically only has one antenna and gets lost when its windy.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:59 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Otter:

Chug was picked up by the police on his way to a local hotel where he was going to set his arm broken from the crash. He was found guilty on all charges and spent the rest of his life in prison. He found Jesus and repented his sins on his death bed.

When he got to heaven he met with Llywellyn and his wife where they hugged, made up realizing and discussing their mistakes they made in their mortal bodies.

They were all reincarnated as bumble bees where they currently spend their days collecting nectar and building combs for their larvae. The Chugarh bumble bee ironically only has one antenna and gets lost when its windy.

:-)

and if I had paid to see that play out I'd still be pissed
[Reply]
Otter 11:13 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
:-)

and if I had paid to see that play out I'd still be pissed
You sir are a master of subtlety.

IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE

Good Lord!
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:35 PM 11-22-2008
You sir are a master of subtlety.

IT WAS A ****ING JOKE

Good Lord!
As was I. It's not like I'm out to get the otters
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:18 AM 11-23-2008
Rosebud was her pussy
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 03:16 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
You know what the problem with NCFOM is? The Coen bros did too good a job of making a tight, taunt little thriller for the 1st 1 hour 45 minutes. IM serious, they did. They should have just said, the heck with the book, lets change this crap and finished things out to a natural conclusion.
It could be argued that the actual ending was the most natural conclusion.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 03:19 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut:
Yes.

Because it was.

Because, as I already said, the story was not about Moss and Anton and the money and the thriller. It was about Bell.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:20 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut:

I agree with you on most discussions.

However, the ending was shit.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:21 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
Yes.

Because it was.

Because, as I already said, the story was not about Moss and Anton and the money and the thriller. It was about Bell.

well, then, i'm pissed about the misdirection
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:27 AM 11-23-2008
Like I said earlier: some people are not very receptive to art.

That's not a bad thing necessarily. It's not a bad thing that you thought the ending sucked. But you should realize that you're taking the wrong approach with the movie. It is a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality. It is art. There is nothing wrong with only enjoying movies as escapsim, but some movies don't lend themselves to that mode precisely because they're art -- they make the viewer think and question and emote.
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:28 AM 11-23-2008
BTW -- many of the best films ever are ones that reject the "escapism" school and are willing to be artistic.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:28 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Like I said earlier: some people are not very receptive to art.

That's not a bad thing necessarily. It's not a bad thing that you thought the ending sucked. But you should realize that you're taking the wrong approach with the movie. It is a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality. It is art. There is nothing wrong with only enjoying movies as escapsim, but some movies don't lend themselves to that mode precisely because they're art -- they make the viewer think and question and emote.
one man's art is another man's scribbles

that being said, that is your interpretation of the movie
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:33 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:

that being said, that is your interpretation of the movie
And, you know, everyone with decent cognitive function's, too.

Hell, it was even Frazod's interpretation of the movie, and he's on your side of this argument.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:35 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
And, you know, everyone with decent cognitive function's, too.

Hell, it was even Frazod's interpretation of the movie, and he's on your side of this argument.
I have no "side"

I didn't like the ending. Nothing you can say or fling will change that.
[Reply]
Friendo 07:39 AM 11-23-2008
I was more or less ranting about the movies I consider 'canned' like transformers vs. a unique interpretation such as 'No Country for Old Men”.

Many people seemed to dislike the film because everything isn’t wrapped up in a neat little package and topped off with the bad guy being brought to justice and the husband and wife living happily ever after like some quasi Disney Film.

I had a good friend become mad at the film because they didn’t show Chigurh killing Llewelyn’s wife. I tried to explain the parallel of when he walked onto the porch after that scene and looked at his shoes. Remember when he killed Carson (Woody)? See the parallel?

Subtlety is good.

It just pisses me off when people get mad at a movie because it isn’t dumbed down enough and lacks an ending where every little detail is explained so a feeling of closure can happen at the ending credits. Use your imagination, fill in the blanks.

If that’s not the case here I apologize but to me this problem just adds to the dumbed down, regurgitated, no substance shit like Michael Bay puts out and it pisses me off!

:-) end rant

agreed--and that points out another of my favorite Coen subtlety's in "Fargo", where Marge is talking to her HS friend on the phone after meeting Mike at the hotel restaurant. She "discovers" from the friend that Mike's story about his wife having cancer was total bs. The shock on her face, and her over-reaction were (to me) a Coen masterpiece of understatement. My take was that Marge gave Mike a sympathy bj :-) :-) gold!

I liked the ending of NC and agree that it fit with the narrative/narrator.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up