ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:13 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
You're lame and don't get it.
Cut Fraz some slack, he hasn't been the same since the 65 Newport Folk Festival.

Went for some troubador wisdom, got some jive boogity-woogity electrified shit.
[Reply]
J Diddy 07:19 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture:
Sigh:-)

THere is a reason this film was up for many Oscars (and won many Oscars)...CAUSE ITS BRILLANT!!!

Seriously, if you hated the ending then if I were you I would rewatch it or something cause the ending is the best part. It is deep and touching. Tommy Lee Jones' monologue really hits home.

As far as showing Brolin getting killed goes...why??? The Coens were doing something less conventional and it worked out perfectly. Brolin was offed just like that and that was a great move.

Of course, I dont expect a number of you "simpletons" to understand this film or book. That would be asking too much.:-)
The mere fact that this douche likes it proves my point
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
The mere fact that this douche likes it proves my point
The fact that you posted this proves your lack of facility with regards to logic or the mechanics of establishing points.

That, and the fact that you're not self-aware enough to be embarassed that you didn't get a movie capable of being comprehended and appreciated even by a spraytan douchebag clubboi.
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 07:26 PM 11-22-2008
The best ending would have been to have Bell walk into a room and see this:

[Reply]
J Diddy 07:26 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The fact that you posted this proves your lack of facility with regards to logic or the mechanics of establishing points.
Word.
[Reply]
J Diddy 07:30 PM 11-22-2008

That, and the fact that you're not self-aware enough to be embarassed that you didn't get a movie capable of being comprehended and appreciated even by a spraytan douchebag clubboi.
No I just thought the movie sucked. Psycho babble bullshit aside, I would have to agree with Fraz's assessment. This movie was setting you up for a confrontation from the beginning. It ended by some old guy talking about some dreams.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:37 PM 11-22-2008
No I just thought the movie sucked. Psycho babble bullshit aside, I would have to agree with Fraz's assessment. This movie was setting you up for a confrontation from the beginning. It ended by some old guy talking about some dreams.
That's the whole f@cking point. The movies and legend have us all primed to go High Noon against evil, when in the real world, petty peripheral shit [like a bunch of wilding Mexicans getting the jump on everyone] ruins the narrative, and sometimes evil wins anyways.

It makes you wonder what it says about you that you wanted, needed, the ending you expected, rather than the one you got.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:52 PM 11-22-2008
That's the whole f@cking point. The movies and legend have us all primed to go High Noon against evil, when in the real world, petty peripheral shit [like a bunch of wilding Mexicans getting the jump on everyone] ruins the narrative, and sometimes evil wins anyways.

It makes you wonder what it says about you that you wanted, needed, the ending you expected, rather than the one you got.
I figured all this shit out when I saw the movie. Really. I got it then, I get it now. I didn't even need some snooty brie-sniffing film critic to explain it to me, either. Swear to God.

AND IT STILL FUCKING SUCKS.

But if painting yourself as Gentile King Of The Arts because this steaming pile of shit sang to your soul makes you feel better about yourself, by all means, carry on.

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:55 PM 11-22-2008

You know what the problem with NCFOM is? The Coen bros did too good a job of making a tight, taunt little thriller for the 1st 1 hour 45 minutes. IM serious, they did. They should have just said, the heck with the book, lets change this crap and finished things out to a natural conclusion.

They set everyone up. If they would have done a crappy or even average job with that, nobody would have given a sh*t about the crappy ending.
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 07:58 PM 11-22-2008
I for one loved No Country. It pretty much followed the book 100% and was great IMO. To each their own though
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:37 PM 11-22-2008
I did like the movie. (Wait... I suppose I should call it a "film") The intense hype surrounding it, made it a little underwhelming... that's all.

That said, the whole "If you didn't like it, you're just a moron who doesn't understand or appreciate art" arguement is fucking obnoxious.

Get over yourself. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same things you do.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:44 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I did like the movie. (Wait... I suppose I should call it a "film") The intense hype surrounding it, made it a little underwhelming... that's all.

That said, the whole "If you didn't like it, you're just a moron who doesn't understand or appreciate art" arguement is fucking obnoxious.

Get over yourself. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same things you do.
THANK YOU
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:56 PM 11-22-2008

LOL

That I needed the ending?

Tell me what it says about you the need to cram the "that's the way life is" ending down my throat and then insult me because I thought it sucked. Newsflash, I don't watch a movie to dwell on realty, I watch it as a release from it.

That I didn't like the ending says nothing about me as a person. The fact that you're bombarding me with your dime store psychology and using it as some sort of an ink blot test says tons about you.
[Reply]
Boon 09:58 PM 11-22-2008
LOL

That I needed the ending?

Tell me what it says about you the need to cram the "that's the way life is" ending down my throat and then insult me because I thought it sucked. Newsflash, I don't watch a movie to dwell on realty, I watch it as a release from it.

That I didn't like the ending says nothing about me as a person. The fact that you're bombarding me with your dime store psychology and using it as some sort of an ink blot test says tons about you.
This.
[Reply]
burt 10:09 PM 11-22-2008
I am not stupid but I am not pompous either. I hated the ending.

"That will do pig, that will do" was much better.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up