ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 460
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:33 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess:
his mindset is to get to -10 by around hole 15 tomorrow and then start worrying about what he needs to do to win
I'd be surprised if he went that low. Just parred the relatively easy third as well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:34 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk:
http://www.masters.com/en_US/videos/index.html
What is that link supposed to be showing me? I'm certainly not going to waste my time watching an entire 20 minute explanation of this "controversy" from the people that screwed up in the first place.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:39 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
What is that link supposed to be showing me? I'm certainly not going to waste my time watching an entire 20 minute explanation of this "controversy" from the people that screwed up in the first place.
At the 3 minute mark they explain that they didn't say anything to Tiger.

The officials really blew this IMO.
[Reply]
philfree 12:40 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I love golf as a game. I hate golf as a social institution.

I agree with your parenthetical, and that's also why I usually play alone.

I played with my uncle and some of his friends last year and we were on 15 and he asked me, "Why aren't you drinking?"

I told him, "I don't play golf to socialize."

He told me I was no fun, and I responded that I don't play to have fun, I play to hone my craft.

Earlier this week I went to the course to practice and saw a gaggle of about ten carts around a tree with a bunch of guys bullshitting, squawking about politics, and drinking. It disgusted me because I felt like they were using the game for the purposes you outlined in parentheses.

I was serious for so many years when I was young but I didn't play my best golf until I got older and learned to have fun doing it.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:41 PM 04-13-2013
I'd be surprised if he went that low. Just parred the relatively easy third as well.
he definitely needs to get something going

I hate the fact he ran into that bad luck yesterday...golf is more fun to watch when Tiger is in contention
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:42 PM 04-13-2013
Tiger bogeys #4. Holes like that are really going to make it difficult to go that low. Of course, since he's not being shown anywhere right now, I have no clue what the fuck happened.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:43 PM 04-13-2013
At the 3 minute mark they explain that they didn't say anything to Tiger.

The officials really blew this IMO.
So they just ruled it was fine and didn't say anything to anyone (which is contrary to all reports out there, BTW). But then decided to change their minds today? WTF?
[Reply]
philfree 12:47 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
I would suggest that you're a schmuck in any sport if you cheat. Why the honor code gets applied to golf more stringently than any other sport is foolish and hypocritical.
I agree but golf is played over such a large playing field that a lot of the time there is no one there to watch what one does. Just like in my example. When the guy grounded his club and his ball moved did it help him? Probably made his lie worse but that's the rule and he was the only one there to enforce it. That I think is a big part of it.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:48 PM 04-13-2013
So they just ruled it was fine and didn't say anything to anyone (which is contrary to all reports out there, BTW). But then decided to change their minds today? WTF?
Exactly.. They changed their mind after Tiger admitted he dropped the ball a few yards behind his previous shot. They completely F'd up.
[Reply]
highBOLTage 01:38 PM 04-13-2013
Exactly.. They changed their mind after Tiger admitted he dropped the ball a few yards behind his previous shot. They completely F'd up.
Eh, they probably gave him the benefit of the doubt they he tried to be close to the original spot. His comments about intentionally dropping there then forced their hand. That said it, at least they changed the rule about not DQing in this situation. In this day, still think the players keeping score and signing scorecards is a bit silly.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:39 PM 04-13-2013
Tiger will regret that one.
[Reply]
kstater 01:39 PM 04-13-2013
Damn, Tiger can't buy a break this week.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:40 PM 04-13-2013
Lipping out 3 footers won't help get there either. He'll have to get some birdies on some non-birdie holes to make up for it.
[Reply]
Old Dog 01:40 PM 04-13-2013
I don't think I've ever seen one do more than a complete circuit around the hole and miss like that
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:59 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
My son has taken up golf competitively so I built this in our back yard. It all comes down to chipping and putting for the scores. Makes me sick how hard he can swing. Averages 260 on his drives with some 300 yard wind-assisted ones.

But the scoring is around the greens where 70% of the shots are hit.
Why are Scott Pioli and john matrix at your house?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 203 of 460
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Up