ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who are we hoping the Chargers take at 5 (assuming they stay there)?
staylor26 11:56 AM 03-01-2024
I really don't want them to get Harrison Jr. or Nabers.

Odunze, Alt, and Bowers would all still suck, but not as bad.

I'm hoping they reach for a CB.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:47 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think it means more that they'll trade down from 5 and take one of the highly rated RTs.
I buy into that.

It also fits with Harbaugh constantly pumping up J.J. McCarthy. A trade-down from 5 is a lot more lucrative if a team is coming up to get a perceived "franchise QB."
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Joe Alt you are a Charger

Yea, just as many of us suspected, Harbaugh 100% prefers OL over WR. Now, maybe the top WR available on their board is just THAT much better, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-27-2024
100% they would trade with Minnesota or another team. If they get two first round picks, then they can draft a tackle high and grab a WR towards the end of the first round.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:08 AM 03-27-2024
100% they would trade with Minnesota or another team. If they get two first round picks, then they can draft a tackle high and grab a WR towards the end of the first round.
I think their spot is where Minnesota tries to make their move...makes too much sense.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 03-27-2024
Yes, everybody keeps pointing to the Cardinals at 4, but they already have a shit ton of picks. It's the Chargers at 5. That's the spot to trade up and take QB4.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:36 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, everybody keeps pointing to the Cardinals at 4, but they already have a shit ton of picks. It's the Chargers at 5. That's the spot to trade up and take QB4.
Anyone notice that Kevin O’Connell was extremely calm in Orlando this week? He even brought up Denver knowing they have to compete with them for a QB and was joking about it.

Sean Payton knows he’s ****ed. The Cardinals aren’t trading back with MHJ on the board and there’s no way in hell Harbaugh is trading with Sean to take his college QB to be in his division.

The Broncos are ****ed and I love it. Only chance they have is if NE traded back with Minnesota bc they don’t want a QB leaving one of the four to drop. I honestly can’t see that happening.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:53 AM 03-27-2024
I think they're pretty confident they will get WR Harrison Jr.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I think they're pretty confident they will get WR Harrison Jr.
I don't know why they would be because he's going to be a Cardinal.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM 03-27-2024
Cardinals really thinking this or is this BS? Sean Payton mentioned their GM being in a great position. Could not be any more obvious that Denver is trying to make a trade with them

Several teams have told me the #AZCardinals are a prime candidate to move back from the 4th pick in the NFL Draft, as we discussed on @PatMcAfeeShow. pic.twitter.com/kE3vwaYw3t

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 03-27-2024
Cardinals really thinking this or is this BS? Sean Payton mentioned their GM being in a great position. Could not be any more obvious that Denver is trying to make a trade with them

The Cardinals have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. They traded back last year to load up on picks this year.

At some point, you have to take a blue chipper. Maybe they're dumb enough to trade back again, but it would be a terrible move.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:01 PM 03-27-2024
The Cardinals have ZERO reason to trade back.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:14 PM 03-27-2024
I jsut don't get why more people don't see this.

What good is it to keep trading back and not getting elite talent?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:48 PM 03-27-2024
ESPN did a mock today that had Denver trading with them. They got 12, a 2025 1st and a 2026 1st. That would garner some attention for me, especially if I could use one of the many top 100 picks to get back in the top 10 from 12.

That 2025 1st will most likely be top 5 like their current pick.

Tough choice IMO
[Reply]
staylor26 08:53 PM 03-27-2024
ESPN did a mock today that had Denver trading with them. They got 12, a 2025 1st and a 2026 1st. That would garner some attention for me, especially if I could use one of the many top 100 picks to get back in the top 10 from 12.

That 2025 1st will most likely be top 5 like their current pick.

Tough choice IMO
Trading down to 11-12 basically means you're losing out on MHJ, Nabers, AND Odunze now.

Their WR situation is terrible.

Again, you can't just keep trading back. You have to pick a blue chipper when you have the opportunity eventually.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:49 AM 03-28-2024
Harbaugh has been putting too much out there in trading down to take a player at 5. Selling McCarthy or the best WR in the draft should Arizona trade their pick so someone can take McCarthy and then he would have the best WR fall in his lap to trade, but I have to think their first move by a long shot is trade. Best WR or Joe Alt is just the bonus if they can't get suitable compensation, but they're in one of the best spots in this draft no doubt about it unfortunately. I'm glad the Broncos and the Raiders fucked themselves by trying to keep up with Patrick Mahomes last season, but the Chargers just went fetal position for a better draft pick in a Brandon Staley-less future, they played it right.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up