ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2903 of 3903
« First < 1903240328032853289328992900290129022903 29042905290629072913295330033403 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I would imagine you're right.

I'll speak a little from experience. I've shared that I struggle with both depression/anxiety and have for as long as I can remember.

By June I had accepted the fact that this was something we weren't getting rid of and that we were going to have to live with it. I also understood how to protect myself to the best of my ability, and how to keep my clients as safe as possible. I still worry about covid every day, but I use my worry to be responsible.

But back in March/April/May? There were definitely times I considered harming myself. It felt like the world was coming to an end. The deadly plague was coming. All hospitals were going to be filled to capacity with everyone on ventilators. If you were one of the lucky ones, you might get a ventilator. If not - sorry about your luck.
I recall that you struggled early on, and I'm very pleased to hear that you've found a better place and way to deal with this. But again, I don't agree that most people ignored or are ignoring the detrimental effect it has had on the mental well-being of some people.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
But again, I don't agree that most people ignored or are ignoring the detrimental effect it has had on the mental well-being of some people.
Shocker. Narcisstic cunt doesn't agree with facts that don't align with his agenda.
[Reply]
Donger 11:12 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Shocker. Narcisstic **** doesn't agree with facts that don't align with his agenda.
Please present your fact(s) that most people have ignored the detrimental effect it has had on the mental well-being of some people.
[Reply]
TLO 11:13 AM 08-25-2020
I recall that you struggled early on, and I'm very pleased to hear that you've found a better place and way to deal with this. But again, I don't agree that most people ignored or are ignoring the detrimental effect it has had on the mental well-being of some people.
Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.

I guess I would agree that there is a lot more emphasis being put on mental health now. It just took a while to get there.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:17 AM 08-25-2020
Maybe a rebalance of exposure would help. I mean we get daily updates from experts on the virus vs an every now again blip on the potential mental health effects. Which is on par for a country that struggles with valuing mental health even before covid. Plus all one has to do is up the periscope from their bunker or open a new web browser and search current news to see it playing out in real time.
[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 08-25-2020
Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.

I guess I would agree that there is a lot more emphasis being put on mental health now. It just took a while to get there.
No worries. However, again, what was the alternative? We shouldn't have enacted mitigation efforts and just let this virus ran rampant through our country? Media should have reported on new cases? The task force shouldn't have estimated the number of deaths that would happen with and without mitigation efforts?

If you want to say that the media coverage of this pandemic has been doom and gloom, I wouldn't disagree and I could see how that could add to the stress.
[Reply]
TLO 11:23 AM 08-25-2020
No worries. However, again, what was the alternative? We shouldn't have enacted mitigation efforts and just let this virus ran rampant through our country? Media should have reported on new cases? The task force shouldn't have estimated the number of deaths that would happen with and without mitigation efforts?

If you want to say that the media coverage of this pandemic has been doom and gloom, I wouldn't disagree and I could see how that could add to the stress.
The bolded part. Much of the doom and gloom can be justified, but some of it is way over the top, IMO.
[Reply]
Donger 11:24 AM 08-25-2020
The bolded part.
I suggest not watching it then.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:38 AM 08-25-2020
JFC how would people handle something that's actually dangerous to a majority of the population?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:41 AM 08-25-2020

That was never the alternative. There was no one arguing to do nothing.

John Ioannidis stated that based on the numbers coming out of China and Italy we would need to focus on the elderly and those in nursing homes, especially those with multiple pre-existing conditions. A targeted response based on the data.

Instead, we locked down the young and healthy, closed schools, and in states such as NY sent Covid patients directly into the nursing homes.

Here is Dr. David Katz who said the same thing.

[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 08-25-2020
I suggest not watching it then.
It's not about watching it. Stories about it are literally everywhere online. We're on ChiefsPlanet and there's a 1 billion reply thread on it. Every website I visit there's stories on it. Eventually my curiosity catches up with me and I click on a story.

Enough about me though.
[Reply]
Donger 11:44 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That was never the alternative. There was no one arguing to do nothing.

John Ioannidis stated that based on the numbers coming out of China and Italy we would need to focus on the elderly and those in nursing homes, especially those with multiple pre-existing conditions. A targeted response based on the data.

Instead, we locked down the young and healthy, closed schools, and in states such as NY sent Covid patients directly into the nursing homes.

Here is Dr. David Katz who said the same thing.

Actually, some people were. Nationally, ~40% of deaths have come from nursing homes. The unfortunate reality is that no-elderly people staff nursing homes. Even with efforts to keep those staff from introducing the virus into homes, they have.
[Reply]
TLO 11:46 AM 08-25-2020

🚨The CDC no longer recommends asymptomatic testing, even post-exposure.🚨https://t.co/V8BBGK1yzg pic.twitter.com/VvGJMjKW3N

— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) August 24, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 11:46 AM 08-25-2020
It's not about watching it. Stories about it are literally everywhere online. We're on ChiefsPlanet and there's a 1 billion reply thread on it. Every website I visit there's stories on it. Eventually my curiosity catches up with me and I click on a story.

Enough about me though.
I understand being curious. I share that. But we all make choices. If the choices you make stress you out, make a different choice.
[Reply]
TLO 11:48 AM 08-25-2020
I understand being curious. I share that. But we all make choices. If the choices you make stress you out, make a different choice.
I don't disagree. Can be easier said than done, but you make a valid point.
[Reply]
Page 2903 of 3903
« First < 1903240328032853289328992900290129022903 29042905290629072913295330033403 > Last »
Up