ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime
Miles 11:40 PM 10-06-2014
http://www.avclub.com/article/showti...on-2016-210127

Great and pretty unexpected news that this is actually happening.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:45 AM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
After watching I was thinking about the new episodes quite a bit the next day or two. Watching with no expecations was a pretty great experience.
I totally agree. This has been a rare treat. Even if the quality wasn't this fucking good, I'd still be having fun and fond memories of the experience thus far. Luckily, it's amazing. I can't wait for Sunday!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:31 AM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I totally agree. This has been a rare treat. Even if the quality wasn't this ****ing good, I'd still be having fun and fond memories of the experience thus far. Luckily, it's amazing. I can't wait for Sunday!
I never watched the show, then Watched Fire Walk With Me and only about 2 years ago watched the classic TP.

I liked the film much better than the series.

Is this more like the film or more like old TP?...
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:55 PM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I never watched the show, then Watched Fire Walk With Me and only about 2 years ago watched the classic TP.

I liked the film much better than the series.

Is this more like the film or more like old TP?...
S3 has it's own tone. It's somewhere between FWWM and the OS. I'd say if you like the film, you're more likely to enjoy the new season.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:27 PM 06-03-2017
id say the new series is a step above fire walk with me. maybe its as simple as how tv has changed, but it has a very lost highway vibe to it as well.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:37 PM 06-03-2017
The series is a culmination of all of Lynch's work to this point really. It's completely new but also has a "greatest hits" vibe to it. If you're a fan of Lynch, you'll LOVE this. If you are a fan of Twin Peaks more than a David Lynch fan, you may or may not struggle with it. But I think it's completely brilliant so far.
[Reply]
Miles 02:41 AM 06-11-2017
I could watch Dougie for hours.
[Reply]
Miles 09:56 PM 06-25-2017
Holy fucking shit.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:02 AM 06-26-2017
Holy fucking shit.
Lynch is a fucking madman.
[Reply]
Miles 12:44 AM 07-07-2017
Watched most recent episode again and made just a little more sense this time. This is some amazing stuff.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:47 PM 07-07-2017
Watched most recent episode again and made just a little more sense this time. This is some amazing stuff.
I can't wait for episode 9.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:49 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I can't wait for episode 9.
was good to get back to the here and now. that last episode, i appreciate but was tough to get thru. anyone think there is a connection to the two girls at the end of the episode that makes you think of laura and donna? :-)
[Reply]
Fish 07:43 PM 08-06-2017
Yeah, so I just watched the first 5 episodes of the original 90's Twin Peaks over the last 2 days. It had been recommended before by multiple friends, but I had memories of watching an episode or two randomly in the second season forever ago, having no clue about the story, and it just seemed so weird and irrational. But now I'm approaching it decades later, without really knowing a single thing about it other than it confused the hell out of me when I tried to get into it back in the day.

So what the fuck am I watching? But please, don't even tell me, cause I'm not going to check this thread again till I'm completely caught up. Just wanted to share my goofy discovery of total confusion and intrigue of what's to come at this point in the series. The random dream sequences are really messing with my brain right now. Nothing makes sense, but I'm so invested I might watch the rest of season 1 before going to sleep........
[Reply]
Miles 10:53 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, so I just watched the first 5 episodes of the original 90's Twin Peaks over the last 2 days. It had been recommended before by multiple friends, but I had memories of watching an episode or two randomly in the second season forever ago, having no clue about the story, and it just seemed so weird and irrational. But now I'm approaching it decades later, without really knowing a single thing about it other than it confused the hell out of me when I tried to get into it back in the day.

So what the fuck am I watching? But please, don't even tell me, cause I'm not going to check this thread again till I'm completely caught up. Just wanted to share my goofy discovery of total confusion and intrigue of what's to come at this point in the series. The random dream sequences are really messing with my brain right now. Nothing makes sense, but I'm so invested I might watch the rest of season 1 before going to sleep........
The WTF is this I'm watching increases greatly with the new series. No idea but it's so fucking good.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:41 AM 08-09-2017

by rights you should have watched fire walk with me first. the casual fan doesn't even know it exists and is a closer representation of lynch's non network tv version of his vision. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:54 AM 08-09-2017

I just went through almost the exact same thing but I could only make it about 30 minutes into the pilot. So much melodrama. So much overacting. Such poor dialogue. I just want to slap the mom. Does it get better? If not I'm out.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up