ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Interior Offensive Line
Nightfyre 10:04 AM 03-22-2024
I suspect the Chiefs are going to be looking for a versatile project at interior offensive line for depth and development. Who are potential targets and where you would take them?

Or is your perspective on our IOL different than mine?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 03-22-2024
I think Puni, Zinter and McCormick in the 3rd are likely targets for us.

It looks to me like the OL talent falls off HARD after McCormick and the whole pile of guys after them are 6th/7th round talents unless you're looking at a conversion candidate like Javon Foster or Sataoa Laumea.

I think you're probably banking on a slide if you look at IOL in the 4th or 5th because there's a weird soft-spot in this draft class there, IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 03-22-2024
Bortolini from Wisconsin is my favorite IOL.

Elite athleticism. Big hands and body frame. Shorter arms and play strength are his only faults.

I’d get him in the 3rd if he’s anvailabe and throw him in weight room for a year to prepare for 2025
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bortolini from Wisconsin is my favorite IOL.

Elite athleticism. Big hands and body frame. Shorter arms and play strength are his only faults.

I’d get him in the 3rd if he’s anvailabe and throw him in weight room for a year to prepare for 2025
Yeah - that feels quite a bit early to me.

And if I'm gonna redshirt someone (and in the 3rd/4th almost certainly would be on the IOL) then I really do like McCormick. It'll be tight, though. I think he'll be the best IOL on the board for probably 6-8 picks before we're up at 95.

But as I've noted, it appears I don't know a damn thing about when OL get drafted (they kill me in the CP Mock every season but a lot of the time they still end up good players; just get taken 3 rounds after I expected).
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:36 AM 03-22-2024
I think this is a decent IOL class when you consider possible position changes. Actually surprised teams spent so much on them in FA.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - that feels quite a bit early to me.

And if I'm gonna redshirt someone (and in the 3rd/4th almost certainly would be on the IOL) then I really do like McCormick. It'll be tight, though. I think he'll be the best IOL on the board for probably 6-8 picks before we're up at 95.

But as I've noted, it appears I don't know a damn thing about when OL get drafted (they kill me in the CP Mock every season but a lot of the time they still end up good players; just get taken 3 rounds after I expected).
I’m with ya. I think what we do know is the OL is really rich in this draft. I think they will be looking for multiple guys to be eventual starters. LT and G is just too good to not address this year
[Reply]
Up