ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:30 PM 01-19-2021
WHAT?!? :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:30 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s going to the Eagles
Just don’t make him GM and they should be ok.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:31 PM 01-19-2021
I hope he brings Patricia too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:48 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t really call hiring the guy that was their top candidate last year “out of left field”.

Again, they haven’t even interviewed anybody like that and it’s very late in the game.

It’s basically down to EB and Frazier.
I'd say that some spiritual advisor going around and making a critical deal like this behind the owners back is way out of left field. I'd also say that given the comically bad way BOB exited, it's very curious that they would hire the guy he badly wanted to hire.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:57 PM 01-19-2021
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but why would EB even be interested in this job if Watson leaves? Basically a full-on rebuild at that point, isn't it?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'd say that some spiritual advisor going around and making a critical deal like this behind the owners back is way out of left field. I'd also say that given the comically bad way BOB exited, it's very curious that they would hire the guy he badly wanted to hire.
He was still their top candidate last year. For that reason alone, he wasn’t an “out of left field” candidate.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:06 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but why would EB even be interested in this job if Watson leaves? Basically a full-on rebuild at that point, isn't it?
Id bet this EB talk is an indication that Watson is staying and Easterby is on his way out. If so, while I hate the idea of coaching for a patriots stooge, this might actually be a real good spot for EB. This whole fiasco may have allowed him to negotiate some personnel control, Caserio will be under the microscope if he tries any patriots culture nonsense, and EB will be viewed by fans as the guy who helped Watson stay. Id say over the weekend this whole thing really flipped to EB getting this which is great for EB and I personally think great for us. Win win.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s going to the Eagles
Be careful what you wish for, Carson Wentz.

If you didn’t get along with Doug Pederson, good luck with Jackass McDaniels.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:17 PM 01-19-2021
Eagles interviewing Dennis Allen now too.

Another failed retread. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:19 PM 01-19-2021
Easterby didn't hire Caserio. McNair did. McNair hired the search firm, reviewed their findings, then consulted with Easterby. Then McNair contacted Caserio and did the deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:20 PM 01-19-2021
Id bet this EB talk is an indication that Watson is staying and Easterby is on his way out. If so, while I hate the idea of coaching for a patriots stooge, this might actually be a real good spot for EB. This whole fiasco may have allowed him to negotiate some personnel control, Caserio will be under the microscope if he tries any patriots culture nonsense, and EB will be viewed by fans as the guy who helped Watson stay. Id say over the weekend this whole thing really flipped to EB getting this which is great for EB and I personally think great for us. Win win.
Easterby is not going anywhere. He's McNair's right hand man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:22 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He was still their top candidate last year. For that reason alone, he wasn’t an “out of left field” candidate.
Okay so maybe "out of left field" isn't the right phrase.

But when you pay a search firm hundreds of thousands of dollars and then hire somebody they didn't even look at, it's highly perplexing, to say the least.

It certainly wasn't "conventional".
[Reply]
staylor26 06:47 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

But when you pay a search firm hundreds of thousands of dollars and then hire somebody they didn't even look at, it's highly perplexing, to say the least.

Agreed.
[Reply]
frethack 10:50 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Not defending the Casserio hire, but Korn Ferry is the same firm that recommended BOB to the Texans. McNairs first mistake was rehiring them, but he was likely using them to satisfy the Rooney Rule anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
wazu 12:09 PM 01-21-2021
Lions picked this guy over Bieniemy.

Calvin Joshnson and Barry Sanders might pull a ham string running to comeback for one last szn after seeing this pic.twitter.com/VTNdLaXzBL

— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) January 21, 2021

[Reply]
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up