ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 53
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:06 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That may have been true in previous seasons but it wasn't true in 2020.

Weeks 1-5 with Watkins: 34, 23, 34, 26, 32 (L)

Weeks 6-11 without Watkins: 26, 43, 35, 33, Bye, 35.

149 scored when points with Watkins versus 172 without.
Yeah, I knew that this season wasn't the same. And I have my theories as to why exactly, but I won't go there right now. But nothing about this season has been 'normal,' so I've been kind of throwing it out with the dirty dishwater.

What I do know, is that opposing defenses have a lot of respect for Watkins and it shows in how they play us when he's on the field. They pay him a ton of attention. And when that happens, everything gets easier for every other receiver we have on the field. Watkins is a serious weapon for the offense, even when he isn't targeted, and when he goes, we'll notice it against the best defenses going forward.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:24 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I knew that this season wasn't the same. And I have my theories as to why exactly, but I won't go there right now. But nothing about this season has been 'normal,' so I've been kind of throwing it out with the dirty dishwater.

What I do know, is that opposing defenses have a lot of respect for Watkins and it shows in how they play us when he's on the field. They pay him a ton of attention. And when that happens, everything gets easier for every other receiver we have on the field. Watkins is a serious weapon for the offense, even when he isn't targeted, and when he goes, we'll notice it against the best defenses going forward.
The Chiefs are no longer scoring less without Watkins being available.

I'm not really one to bag on dudes for getting whatever money they can earn but Watkins clearly has not lived up to expectations.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mecole is ok. But that's it. Just ok.
Second rounder in his second year, taken knowing he needed some polish but the potential ceiling was too good to resist

He rang up 20.7 yards per catch as a rookie... so its just damn ridiculous to think you've got a read on his trajectory
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 01-04-2021
The Chiefs are no longer scoring less without Watkins being available.

I'm not really one to bag on dudes for getting whatever money they can earn but Watkins clearly has not lived up to expectations.
No, he hasn't. But whatever issues the Chiefs have on offense, Watkins is not on that list. He's simply not been available enough. When he is available, KC tends to have longer drives, that usually end up with points, with less straight up trickery used by Andy. Not that I'm worried about Andy running out of creative plays ever, but having a WR with Watkins particular set of skills and physicality just makes things easier all around.

And it's not a secret that we can lose Hill, and the offense still works pretty well. But lose Hill and Watkins, and the offense bogs down more often. We've seen it several times now, and it's pretty clear. Though again it's kind of hard to tell, simply because we seem to trot out a new OL every other game or so.

I can't imagine how bad it would be if we ever lost Kelce for a long stretch. [knock very hard on wood] But if we had Hill and Watkins, or a Watkins clone that could stay healthy, I feel fairly confident that Andy could find a way to muddle through without Kelce for a while.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 PM 01-04-2021
In to repeat-

any offensive problems we have are due to the offensive line struggles, which are nobody's fault, but are bad luck due to injuries and covid opt-outs. All of the problems. Problems running the ball, problems protecting the QB-all of them.

Carry on.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:07 PM 01-04-2021
Kelce is our MVP.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:23 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Kelce is our MVP.
I really think he is. The offense would be a shell of itself if he disappeared.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:25 PM 01-04-2021
Teams don't pay players $16 million dollars per just to play in a few playoff games each year.

Sammy Watkins output has been very disappointing for the past 3 seasons, especially given the $40 million he's earned during that time.
Sure they do. We aren't paying Watkins to put up stats. We are paying him to help us win Super Bowls.
[Reply]
carcosa 06:04 PM 01-24-2021
Hmm.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:05 PM 01-24-2021
Cut the cocksucker!
[Reply]
Munson 06:17 PM 01-24-2021
He'd better score a TD to make up for the one he gave away to the Bills.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:20 PM 01-24-2021
Touchdown Hardman
[Reply]
Munson 06:22 PM 01-24-2021
I think he saw my post and knew he had to redeem himself.
[Reply]
carcosa 06:23 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Munson:
I think he saw my post and knew he had to redeem himself.
Thank God they put those desktop computers on the sideline and let players lurk on here during the game!
[Reply]
carcosa 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM
This message has been deleted by carcosa. Reason: Wrong thread oops
Munson 06:31 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Thank God they put those desktop computers on the sideline and let players lurk on here during the game!
Lurking on Chiefsplanet in the middle of a game is essential!
[Reply]
Page 41 of 53
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up