ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 574 of 3903
« First < 74474524564570571572573574 57557657757858462467410741574 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:45 PM 03-21-2020
There was a show on PBS called Frontier House where families had to live like pioneer families in a one-room cabin. In the end the kids all loved it, the men generally loved it because they were out chopping wood and hunting and providing for their family, but the wives hated it because it was just housework all day long.

The saddest moment at the end was one of the kids in the rich family saying basically “Now that we’re back in this giant house - we hardly see each other anymore. I miss when we were all in one room.”

I have a feeling a lot of families are going to come out of this much more bonded with their kids and better able to handle time together - once they get over the initial adjustment period. Except for the poor kids with abusive parents who have no escape now. Ugh.

I could see lots of other weird revelations, changes in family dynamics, and unforeseen outcomes coming out of this.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:49 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There was a show on PBS called Frontier house where families had to live like pioneer families in a one-room cabin. In the end the kids all loved it, the men generally loved it because they were out chopping wood and hunting and providing for their family, but the wives hated it because it was just housework all day long.

The saddest moment at the end was one of the kids in the rich family saying basically “Now that we’re back in this giant house - we hardly see each other anymore I miss when we were all in one room.”

I have a feeling a lot of families are going to come out of this much more bonded with their kids and better able to handle time together - once they get over the initial adjustment period. Except for the poor kids with abusive parents who have no escape now. Ugh.

I could see lots of other weird revelations, changes in family dynamics, and unforeseen outcomes coming out of this.
Wife said and is hoping for the same thing. Hopefully, families come out better for this. Hopefully, people understand what teachers do and how hard it is to be a teacher. And for some-how little their kids do their work. Hopefully, people are nicer to service workers. And just nicer overall..

Hey, I can hope.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:52 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I apologize, my post wasn't directed towards you. It was towards oaklandhater, who is now on ignore.
All good man
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:53 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I remember reading a chart or something years ago that outlined what happened when someone quit smoking, and according to it after a certain amount of time it claimed the lungs would be back to where they would be if one never smoked at all. Apparently it was bullshit. Glad I never wasted time trying to quit. Fucking liars.
I have a friend whom can confirm. He has been off cigs for 20 years and got cancer.
[Reply]
loochy 01:53 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Wife said and is hoping for the same thing. Hopefully, families come out better for this. Hopefully, people understand what teachers do and how hard it is to be a teacher. And for some-how little their kids do their work. Hopefully, people are nicer to service workers. And just nicer overall..

Hey, I can hope.
No offense dude, but the last thing on my mind is teachers.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:58 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There was a show on PBS called Frontier House where families had to live like pioneer families in a one-room cabin. In the end the kids all loved it, the men generally loved it because they were out chopping wood and hunting and providing for their family, but the wives hated it because it was just housework all day long.

The saddest moment at the end was one of the kids in the rich family saying basically “Now that we’re back in this giant house - we hardly see each other anymore. I miss when we were all in one room.”

Exactly. I was thinking how grateful the kids were seeing Chris Beniot come home from work.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:58 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I’ve never smoked and I had always heard that they will heal up, at least somewhat once a person quits smoking. Upon googling “can damaged lungs heal”, it appears that they can (assuming all of the articles posted are correct).
If the damage is the the small vessels that transport oxygen those can’t heal will your lungs get better yes will they get to the point they were if you never smoked possibly but not likely. Might depend on length of time smoked .
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:59 PM 03-21-2020
Oh Damn teachers can get more time off from the 3 fucking months they already have off. It wouldn't hurt teachers to thank tax payers every once in awhile either.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:02 PM 03-21-2020
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:07 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Oh Damn teachers can get more time off from the 3 fucking months they already have off. It wouldn't hurt teachers to thank tax payers every once in awhile either.
I pay taxes in my district so I can have a salary. So when I voted for the referendum-I voted for a tax hike-so I can have a bigger salary-which means I will pay more in property and income taxes. So, a net loss.

Any time a kid complains about class-I tell them everyone out there is paying for them to get a free education and they are expecting the kids use it. If they don't want a free education-the school down the road is 17k a year. Good luck.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:08 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
No offense dude, but the last thing on my mind is teachers.
Just a hope of an unintended consequence. Inside-I am a bowl of jello taking extra anxiety medicine.
[Reply]
notorious 02:12 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
He can kiss his lungs goodbye.
The fan at the end was a nice touch.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

how any one can compare this to swine is beyond me.
ESPN reporter Edward Aschoff died in December from pneumonia at age 34... you can select anecdotal cases of almost any illness to promote hysteria/panic if that is your objective.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:13 PM 03-21-2020
Significant movement in deaths per total cases at the moment. We are down to 1.19%. We were at 2.5% last week. Granted this is going down due to increased testing but it is going down.

By the same measurement Italy is now at 9.0% which is actually up from 8.5% much of the last week.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:20 PM 03-21-2020
OH is spewing estrogen all over this thread too?:-)
[Reply]
Page 574 of 3903
« First < 74474524564570571572573574 57557657757858462467410741574 > Last »
Up