ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1060 of 3903
« First < 605609601010105010561057105810591060 106110621063106410701110116015602060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 07:17 PM 04-02-2020
Middle of BFE Missouri here again.

When health care providers travel from their large city hospitals to do work at small town hospitals, they apparently bring really fun things with them.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:18 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They can test for influenza.
Most people who get the flu never get tested. Which is why our annual flu numbers are estimates. Or do you think literally 50+ million people a year in this country get tested? I have never, ever had a flu test but I know for damn sure I've had the flu.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:18 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, you keep acting like all the factors between NY and Italy exist everywhere and that everywhere MUST be like them when that is patently false.

New Yorkers literally live on top of each other. Maybe you haven't ever been to California but I can tell you they have more traffic than anywhere else in the country. Why? Because everyone has a car. They aren't crammed into subways pressed up against everyone else.

They also tend to live in houses and apartments that don't have one entrance that literally everyone that lives there has to touch.

There are so many ****ing variables it's asinine to think what happens in NY MUST happen everywhere else.

Again, shitloads of people travel up and down the west coast. WA state was the first hot spot. Everyone was sooooo worried about WA state. Yet CA has more cases than them and less total deaths.

So if your argument is that it is just now getting to CA when 2 states away we had the original hot spot I would have to say you're on crack. Not to mention the overall Chinese population in the state of CA. You know, people traveling back and forth from China to CA.
Now you are jumping to strange conclusions. I'm open to the possibility that NY spreads more due to use of public transportation. All I said is it is very unlikely that this virus was community spreading in California in January. Despite everyones best attempt to say my cousins brothers aunt who is an ER worker told me this this and this.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:18 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I hope more people have had it

I’d bet money that more people have had it without question. Hell my family got hit with a mystery fever that knocked each one of my kids and wife out for almost a week at a time. They all tested negative for influenza A and B. I didn’t get it because I’m invincible.

I heard others will similar stories over the last couple of months.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:19 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
There's one now. Thanks for checking in.
The truth is most of the time you are doing nothing more than giving your opinion as fact, you aren't "correcting" jack shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Wasn't there some info out there stating that the California virus was a fairly specific source and NY had figured out that they had imported the virus from several different sources? I want to say they had genotyped the virus at various locations and could determine the regions it had traveled through prior to getting to the current host city. Perhaps there are some slight differences resulting in treatment success.
Possibly, I have no idea.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:19 PM 04-02-2020
https://abc13.com/6070657/?ex_cid=TA...ource=facebook

$1,000 fine to residents caught without a mask in Laredo, Texas

Laredo not fucking around.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Do you realize how annoying you can be? I suspect you do and I suspect you will answer this post with a question.
The word you are looking for is pedantic. Pedantic.
[Reply]
Donger 07:20 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The truth is most of the time you are doing nothing more than giving your opinion as fact, you aren't "correcting" jack shit.
That's incorrect, but let's try to keep the DC animosity there, eh?
[Reply]
Monticore 07:20 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Compared to not wearing any PPE?
Yes if I contaminate the inside of the mask then wear it yes you are better off without. If they leave the house with the mask and don’t take it off , or put in their pocket, car seat , to take a bite to eat , don’t wear it moist or wet or soiled. Then yes it will help protect themselves, in the above scenario it would continue to protect others if she happened to be infected herself.

I wear masks more than most and find it hard wearing one for more than 15 minutes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:20 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I’d bet money that more people have had it without question. Hell my family got hit with a mystery fever that knocked each one of my kids and wife out for almost a week at a time. They all tested negative for influenza A and B. I didn’t get it because I’m invincible.

I heard others will similar stories over the last couple of months.
This story is told all over the place every day in mass numbers. The reality is we may eventually have an idea how much of it was Covid-19 but we will never know the full extent unfortunately.
[Reply]
TLO 07:21 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Middle of BFE Missouri here again.

When health care providers travel from their large city hospitals to do work at small town hospitals, they apparently bring really fun things with them.
Butt-plugs?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:21 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Now you are jumping to strange conclusions. I'm open to the possibility that NY spreads more due to use of public transportation. All I said is it is very unlikely that this virus was community spreading in California in January. Despite everyones best attempt to say my cousins brothers aunt who is an ER worker told me this this and this.
You also said it was "newer" and that they would be getting overrun like Italy and NY. You have no way of knowing any of it.
[Reply]
Donger 07:21 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The word you are looking for is pedantic. Pedantic.

A pedant is a person who is excessively concerned with formalism, accuracy, and precision

The horror.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:22 PM 04-02-2020

Digging through the Cook County medical examiner's website. Theres been a noticeable increase in deaths by "pneumonia" and "acute respiratory distress" this week that arent being listed as COVID deaths pic.twitter.com/ZWn2CZDTSn

— Jobs, Hope, Cash (@lib_crusher) April 2, 2020

[Reply]
Page 1060 of 3903
« First < 605609601010105010561057105810591060 106110621063106410701110116015602060 > Last »
Up