ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 192
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:37 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Let’s do a fun experiment. Say the Chiefs get their guy at LT in the first rd and the following WR’s are off the board by pick 55:

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

What’s your board look like? For me I’m thinking Jalen McMillan, Roman Wilson and Javon Baker are my top options
Coleman
Burton
Washington
Walker
Wilson
Baker

Other guys I would like later:
Coker
Ainias Smith
Xavier Weaver

The rest, I haven't seen much on them or don't see how they work for the Chiefs
[Reply]
staylor26 05:23 PM 04-10-2024
Let’s do a fun experiment. Say the Chiefs get their guy at LT in the first rd and the following WR’s are off the board by pick 55:

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

What’s your board look like? For me I’m thinking Jalen McMillan, Roman Wilson and Javon Baker are my top options
Wilson
Coleman
Burton
Walker
Corley
Baker
McMillan
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:32 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all, but I think it will be a common one in the Lounge if the Chiefs draft him.

His athletic profile is much closer to guys like Olave and Wilson, while his production was really good (when healthy) in the SEC in a run first offense. Totally different prospect than Skyy in that aspect.
Other than both were labeled as slot WRs there is no comparison.

McConk is just good at football. That’s not Skyy.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:20 PM 04-10-2024
I think Jamari Thrash is extremely underrated.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:08 PM 04-10-2024

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

Wilson would be my top choice. Followed by Jermaine Burton. I know he’s a shithead but I like him.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:42 PM 04-10-2024
I wouldn’t hate mcconkey at 32 but I’d be disappointed and not because I don’t like mcconkey, it’s that this draft is so deep at wr. I’d rather trade back and take him later or take a few others that I like just as good or better. If the top 6 tackles are gone and the top 6-7 WRs are gone, I think we gotta take another position or trade back. Or hopefully, we’ve already traded up. The success rate of WRs is too low to take a wr early than they are ranked, especially this year. No reaches, please.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think there's a really good chance we take McConkey at 32.

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:25 PM 04-10-2024

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

Coleman
Burton
Wilson
Baker
Corley
Walker
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:02 PM 04-11-2024
Chris Simms Hot Take: Brian Thomas Jr > Marvin Harrison, says he's a more explosive playmaker and trusts him on the outside against star NFL CBs more than Harrison who he projects to be a plus-sized possession slot.

Not sure how accurate any of that is, but my strongest preference would be a trade up for BTJ. Let's just make the move and be done with it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:06 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Chris Simms Hot Take: Brian Thomas Jr > Marvin Harrison, says he's a more explosive playmaker and trusts him on the outside against star NFL CBs more than Harrison who he projects to be a plus-sized possession slot.

Not sure how accurate any of that is, but my strongest preference would be a trade up for BTJ. Let's just make the move and be done with it.
Simms also had JAGami Brown before Jaylen Waddle.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:09 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

I could see Harrison being a extremely high end possession type but that seems pretty far to think he might be slot only. This is coming from the guy who like Terrace Marshall the most out of that draft class.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:26 PM 04-11-2024
Someone suggested #32 + #64 + 2025 1st for #9 with CHI for either Nabers or Odunze in another thread, would not hate that one bit.

In the end, I think I'm settling on a smaller trade up for BTJ. Say #32 + #94 + 2025 3rd to MIA or PIT for #21-20.

Kelce
Thomas Jr
Brown
Rice
Watson
Moore
Toney KR/PR

^That feels pretty complete to me, could probably sign Brown for a couple more seasons before we need to pay Rice.
[Reply]
kozzman555 09:54 PM 04-12-2024
Question for y'all. If you watch film on Xavier Worthy, do you honestly see a 4.21 guy? I watch his film and I see maybe Mecole Hardman, but definitely not Tyreek Hill in terms of speed and acceleration. Even on long plays when he does score, there are guys that are pacing him or nearly so. I never see him just dust other players like Legette or even Franklin do. You know what I'm talking about. He looks like he's running in fast forward compared to everyone else on the field. Like watching Tyreek highlights or Bo Jackson or Neon Deion. With his speed off the field, you'd think you would see him just render useless the angles that defenders take. I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts about him. I just don't see a burner like he's being hyped as, due to his 40 time.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:29 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Question for y'all. If you watch film on Xavier Worthy, do you honestly see a 4.21 guy? I watch his film and I see maybe Mecole Hardman, but definitely not Tyreek Hill in terms of speed and acceleration. Even on long plays when he does score, there are guys that are pacing him or nearly so. I never see him just dust other players like Legette or even Franklin do. You know what I'm talking about. He looks like he's running in fast forward compared to everyone else on the field. Like watching Tyreek highlights or Bo Jackson or Neon Deion. With his speed off the field, you'd think you would see him just render useless the angles that defenders take. I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts about him. I just don't see a burner like he's being hyped as, due to his 40 time.
I mean he's obviously fast, but in all honesty no, I don't see that sort of speed. It's clearly enough to separate but it absolutely doesn't look freaky, generational type speed. I also don't think his lateral quickness and agility is anywhere near as impressive. I've heard people compliment that but I just don't see it at all.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:35 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I mean he's obviously fast, but in all honesty no, I don't see that sort of speed. It's clearly enough to separate but it absolutely doesn't look freaky, generational type speed. I also don't think his lateral quickness and agility is anywhere near as impressive. I've heard people compliment that but I just don't see it at all.
This is why I don't put a ton of stock on 40 time and instead look at film/game speed more. To run a good 40 you have to already be fast, sure, but there is so much technique that goes into it as well. I think a lot of these players are studying the techniques needed to show out at the combine and put up better numbers than maybe they would normally, a la Mike Mamula. I see several players with better on field speed like Legette, Franklin, Thrash, Nabers, and Cowing than Worthy tbh.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:03 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
This is why I don't put a ton of stock on 40 time and instead look at film/game speed more. To run a good 40 you have to already be fast, sure, but there is so much technique that goes into it as well. I think a lot of these players are studying the techniques needed to show out at the combine and put up better numbers than maybe they would normally, a la Mike Mamula. I see several players with better on field speed like Legette, Franklin, Thrash, Nabers, and Cowing than Worthy tbh.
I feel this way about AD Mitchell's tape. He ran a fast 40, but even admits he never runs full speed in the game.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 192
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Up