ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 140
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Codered:
Some major overreaction on both sides. Adding Clark isn't going to make KC a top 10 defense nor is going to hamper them from being one with some more good moves. I would have liked if KC waited to see who was available tomorrow night, but obviously, that didn't matter to Veach.
Actually, it might VERY WELL make KC a top ten defense.

You can run right at Dee Ford. You can't run at Clark. He's an elite DE as an ALL AROUND player.

There are no holes in his game.

Clark, Honey Badger, Breeland are all upgrades.

This team will be much, much better against the run. This team will be very good at rushing the passer. This team will be better in coverage than last year, and we're not done yet.

Yes, Clark is expensive, but you legit just added the perfect DE for this system.

Now, go draft a CB and a WR in round 2 and TE in round 3.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:37 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Seems to me giving up valuable draft picks for the right to pay someone market value doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially in the long run if one is hoping on building a dynasty. Has New England EVER done this?
They would have had to give quite a bit to move up and take a chance on a edge defender that could play the run & rush at Clark's level from this draft class.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:38 PM 04-23-2019
Wow. Detox throwing some epic shade! :-)

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sometimes it feels like all ya'll care about is Clark saving money.

Thank god Clark is more interested in winning a Championship than some of our fans...

[Reply]
Eleazar 12:38 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
DPOTY compensation for a borderline elite talent.
Houston is gone, dude
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:38 PM 04-23-2019
Unless the Chiefs could care less about off the field issues quit picking these guys up. Now Reek being charged isn’t enough. He had better be charged and found guilty or i’ll be pissed if any discipline happens.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:38 PM 04-23-2019
ALL IN, BABY!!!!!
[Reply]
Hoover 12:39 PM 04-23-2019
Not a fan of giving up the 2nd round pick, but we all say that we are in a "win now" mode, so we added an elite edge rusher to a defense that really needed an outside rusher. I really like all the DL additions - go look at the NE offensive roster, I think the DL will be the unit to watch. We need to find some youth at LB and CB, but you're blind if you can't see what they are trying to build.

Sucks having yet another draft without a first rounder... but I think we are better off with Clark to be 100% honest.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:40 PM 04-23-2019
I don't hate this deal at all. I do think that they are going all in on D and hoping like hell that Pat can replicate the 2018 offense. It's ballsy, but the payoff could be Super Bowl huge.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 PM 04-23-2019

Frank Clark is a very violent football player. That’s a good thing the Chiefs got a dog

— Jeff Allen (@JeffAllen71) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Unless the Chiefs could care less about off the field issues quit picking these guys up. Now Reek being charged isn’t enough. He had better be charged and found guilty or i’ll be pissed if any discipline happens.
WTF?

You know in 2 years the cap is going to skyrocket right?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
Louis Riddick is basically Veach’s extension to the media. I agree with what he just said on ESPN..

-Chiefs loved a lot of the pass rushers in this class, but knew they would all be gone in the first half of the first rd.
-it would have cost MORE for us to move up high enough to get one of those pass rushers.
-Veach will structure this deal similarly to D. Lawrence. Essentially a 3 years deal with a solid money saving out in years 4 & 5.
-they still have 3 picks in the top 85 in a DEEP class.
-corner, OL and TE and receiver are all very deep positions this draft.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It's slightly more a year, $3.4 mill or so, than Ford's contract. I don't mind the deal as I think he is way better than Ford.
Don't forget Houston. We could have kept Houston and tagged Ford for a year, along with our 1st round pick this year and 2nd next year.

Clark's value needs to be better than Houston,Ford, and a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
Probably a good time to post some Frank Clark highlights:

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
Added considerably more talent on defense this offseason with a much better coaching staff on that side of the ball.

Cant wait to see what they add in the draft.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
Ok, the more i think about this the more im ok with it. The 29th pick does sting a little bit but we have an elite 4-3 DE now, with speaks opposite him and good depth behind them to keep everyone fresh. the 2nd next year should be in the 60s so we'll likely have a 1st and 2nd next year that are really close to each other, so if we wanted to move up or whatever next year we're good to go. The money aspect seems crazy but you can structure deals to not be that hard on the cap.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 140
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up