ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:36 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomer:
Take D.K. Metcalf please. He will be this team's version of Calvin Johnson. Metcalf can only run a few routes but so did CJ. We need speed and he has speed AND power.

To truck down anyone that gets in his way and to go up and snatch anything that is higher than the DBs can get to.
Him or Parris and if you have to trade up and abandon corner, so be it.

WR is our #1 priority right now.

We can roll with what we have in the secondary much more than wide receiver.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:36 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
My apologies if already mentioned - but a LOT of our offense's success relies upon pre-snap motion with Tyreek (the threat of the jet sweep, etc.).

While Mahomes is everything we could ever want and more - losing Tyreek is a huge blow to our offense (especially with Watkins' inability to stay on the field).

I know tyreeks dont grow on trees, but we need something semi-close to maintain stability in what Andy likes to accomplish with the offense
this is true, but lots of teams run those types of plays without Tyreek. What you need for that threat is real speed; and all of the guys on Pug's list fit that bill, especially the sub 4.4. guys.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:37 AM 04-26-2019
I believe Metcalf can learn routes. If he can learn routes he’s Calvin Johnson. If not he’s Dwayne Bowe
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I believe Metcalf can learn routes. If he can learn routes he’s Calvin Johnson. If not he’s Dwayne Bowe
Let us not forget that Dwayne Bowe did have 150 catches, 2000 yards, and 12 TDs in his first 2 seasons.

If Metcalf can be that, draft him NOW.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:39 AM 04-26-2019
What are your thoughts on Hakeem Butler?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:39 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Let us not forget that Dwayne Bowe did have 150 catches, 2000 yards, and 12 TDs in his first 2 seasons.

The problem is that we would have to trade up and almost certainly give up our other second round pick
[Reply]
carcosa 10:40 AM 04-26-2019

And that was with absolute dogshit at QB!!!
[Reply]
Nixhex 10:43 AM 04-26-2019
If we were to draft a WR I think Deebo Samuel is a good choice and Parris Campbell is probably the closest thing to Tyreek we could hope for.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:44 AM 04-26-2019
The problem is that we would have to trade up and almost certainly give up our other second round pick
Fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
And that was with absolute dogshit at QB!!!
I mean, I know the guy is a punch line now but look at his seasons where he managed to stay healthy. Dude had 72 rec, 1100 yards, and 15 TDs with Matt freaking Cassel at QB.

If we could get Dwayne Bowe right now, imagine how much that would help?
Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.39.28 AM.jpg (41.2 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
If we were to draft a WR I think Deebo Samuel is a good choice and Parris Campbell is probably the closest thing to Tyreek we could hope for.
Trying to "replace" Hill is a fool's errand. He's a generational talent.

They need to focus on getting good WR's. Not the next Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:45 AM 04-26-2019
What are your thoughts on Hakeem Butler?

Tricky question.

I like him. He's got good speed for his size, but doesn't have elite speed by any means. He doesn't have to be wide open because he will just body up and make grabs, go over top of DB's, etc.

I'm probably biased though because I'm an ISU fan.

The question is whether someone without elite speed helps Mahomes. It seems like one of the main reasons Tyreek was so lethal, is that he was paired with a guy who has a big arm. Big arm + elite speed worked for us. It allowed us to stretch the field, which helped Kelce, RB's, Sammy, etc.

Butler can stretch the field, but in a different way. The DB might be running step for step with him, but Butler will go up and grab it and there's no way to stop a 6'6" dude like that from snatching it up.

He did run a 4.48 at the combine, so in no way am I saying he's slow. He's just not like Tyreek at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 04-26-2019
I really wish people would stop with the "we need to find a Hill replacement". There isn't one. Go draft the best WR out there and change your offense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 04-26-2019
Trying to "replace" Hill is a fool's errand. He's a generational talent.

They need to focus on getting good WR's. Not the next Tyreek Hill.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really wish people would stop with the "we need to find a Hill replacement". There isn't one. Go draft the best WR out there and change your offense.
I was a minute too late.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:47 AM 04-26-2019
What time is the Frank Clark press conference?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up