ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 AM 04-26-2019
Are you going to go back in time and make the Steelers trade us AB?

Otherwise it's done.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:15 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I like Deebo Samuel
I like you!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would go WR, CB and S with our three picks today. Hopefully grab someone like Moreau in the 5th....or trade up into the 4th for him.
Yea, that’s exactly what I’m leaning towards.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:16 AM 04-26-2019
Give me a big bodied burner like Jalen Hurd, and a tall, aggressive CB like Joejuan Williams today, please
[Reply]
New World Order 09:17 AM 04-26-2019
I'd prefer to stay where we are if it means we can get a good slot and an outside deep threat.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:18 AM 04-26-2019
Mahomes strikes me as a QB that can work well with a couple of 'jag' receivers... considering he has Kelce and the other TE, you need a burner to replace Hill, but you can likely grab 1-2 current FAs and be fine with going WR late. I think KC really has to focus on fixing that defense in this draft.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:19 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Mahomes strikes me as a QB that can work well with a couple of 'jag' receivers... considering he has Kelce and the other TE, you need a burner to replace Hill, but you can likely grab 1-2 current FAs and be fine with going WR late. I think KC really has to focus on fixing that defense in this draft.
If you go defense then I would sell the farm and select Greedy. He looks like an elite coverage on an island corner.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 09:22 AM 04-26-2019
If speed is the goal then see if the Bengals would take a 4th or 5th round pick for John Ross. The guy has speed to burn. He has the injury issue but he's been terribly misused by Cincy. Plus, he's a former first round pick and Veach seems to love those guys.

I'd trade for Ross and still draft a WR at 63 following a CB at 61. Ross doesn't completely fix the problem but I think he allows us to stay put in the second and third round. It would be nice to keep those picks.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:24 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
If speed is the goal then see if the Bengals would take a 4th or 5th round pick for John Ross. The guy has speed to burn. He has the injury issue but he's been terribly misused by Cincy. Plus, he's a former first round pick and Veach seems to love those guys.

I'd trade for Ross and still draft a WR at 63 following a CB at 61. Ross doesn't completely fix the problem but I think he allows us to stay put in the second and third round. It would be nice to keep those picks.
This seems like a solid idea, to me.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:33 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I like you!
Fuck you!!!

Wait...you were nice to me. Sorry I’m not used to that.

I like you too!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:36 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I have to agree.

Tyreek can’t be replaced, but Mahomes is incredible. He can extend plays for so long that less explosive players can eventually get open.

Watkins is more the reason I think they need to go WR. We probably can’t justify that contract for more than another year.

I have full faith in Reid to find quality offensive skill players that fit his system.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 04-26-2019
Our WR group right now is:

Watkins
Robinson
Pringle
Kemp
Dieter

I would look at drafting one in the 2nd round this year.....and possibly swinging a trade for Ross or Agholor with a 2020 pick. That would push out Kemp and Dieter and give you:

Watkins
Agholor
Robinson
Pringle
Rookie
[Reply]
Mulliganman 09:36 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
Thank you for this post! I am sick of the posts and arguing on both sides of this and what at least comes off to me as reveling in what has happened. There is nothing to celebrate as a fan or as individuals against child abuse or domestic violence.

Now about the football stuff, I don’t think we are going to be able to get Peterson because Arizona is going to want more than what we can realistically pay in compensation.

I think we will need to bring in a vet wr that could be a #1 or #2 guy. I don’t think it would be terrible to break from the mold in what we have been doing with our defensive acquisitions. Meaning, we’ve been getting younger. I think a crafty vet like a Green who has been around a while but still has some mileage left would be a good idea given if the acquisition is via trade that the compensation is low. Plus, it would give time to try to develop anyone we take from the draft. From those left on the draft board, I’m not sure who I would target but it goes without saying it has to be someone who could be a wr 1 in Andy’s system. At cb, I don’t think greedy makes it to us without a trade up. I would be ecstatic if Thornhill would fall to us in the 3rd.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:36 AM 04-26-2019
Are there any quick-cutting strong guys who run a 4.24 40 still available?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:38 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our WR group right now is:

Watkins
Robinson
Pringle
Kemp
Dieter

I would look at drafting one in the 2nd round this year.....and possibly swinging a trade for Ross or Agholor with a 2020 pick. That would push out Kemp and Dieter and give you:

Watkins
Agholor
Robinson
Pringle
Rookie
If the CBs they like get scooped up early (Byron expected to go at 33), I’d be just fine with going WR at 61 AND 63 if solid options are still there.

Sets you up with depth and hedges your bets that you find at least one long term playmaker.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up