ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Panic move or smart?
chiefforlife 08:02 AM 04-26-2019
We trade next years first (presumably 32) For this years 33.

Given the Hill mess do we make this Oh Shit move and take say, Metcalf?
Maybe we take Greedy and address WR at 61.

Is it time to panic? You could also argue that trading next years 30ish first rounder for this years 33 is a win now move. Only dropping a spot or two but getting another year of production from the player.

I am admittedly rattled by the thought of losing Tyreek and am trying to think of our best move for THIS year. Metcalf is fast and physical, said he would love to play with Mahomes, I am leaning towards doing this?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:03 AM 04-26-2019
No way the Cardinals make that trade.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 08:04 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
We trade next years first (presumably 32) For this years 33.

Given the Hill mess do we make this Oh Shit move and take say, Metcalf?
Maybe we take Greedy and address WR at 61.

Is it time to panic? You could also argue that trading next years 30ish first rounder for this years 33 is a win now move. Only dropping a spot or two but getting another year of production from the player.

I am admittedly rattled by the thought of losing Tyreek and am trying to think of our best move for THIS year. Metcalf is fast and physical, said he would love to play with Mahomes, I am leaning towards doing this?
I really doubt Arizona would do that. Of course they seem to be very poorly run so anything is possible. I still wonder if they'll trade Peterson?
[Reply]
Best22 08:05 AM 04-26-2019
I don’t think Metcalf is worth a first

Physical freaks are a dime a dozen in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 04-26-2019
Jesus no

Just calm down
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:08 AM 04-26-2019
While I admit our WR situation scares me I would rather trade our #1 next year for Peterson if the Cards would do that and use one of our two 2nd round picks to address our WR problem.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:09 AM 04-26-2019
I would have said yes if NKeal Harry was still there. Otherwise, sit and get 2 weapons today.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:11 AM 04-26-2019
I don't know. If we weren't already out our first this year and last year it would seem more doable. I don't think that trading away your first round pick every year is smart. However, getting 33 this year would guarantee our choice of a large number of first round talents that fell, so it would be like having a first this year (minus the 5th year option). So I would be okay with it. Especially if that pick does wind up being 32 next year. Of course, who's to say that Arizona is willing to make that trade? They would probably view it as a poor value because of where that pick is likely to be.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:16 AM 04-26-2019
Why are we talking panic? Mahomes is 23. I don't care how much he is gonna get paid. When you have a great QB, you have a chance to win. The defense is improving and I like the move to a 4-3 in the long term.
Don't panic and move up, good players are gonna available at the chiefs picks. The chiefs could get a promising CB and WR at 61 & 63. Go TE in the 3rd rd. Start collecting young players to develop for Mahomes.
Look at bringing in some vet WR's on 1 yr deals to help this year. I would take crabtree on a yr deal, garcon is fine, Kearse isn't aweful. This guys can all produce with Mahomes under center and the offense will still put up points. No it won't be as explosive as last year but teams win Super Bowls every single year with out a Tyreek Hill on their team. We can as well.
[Reply]
Munson 08:17 AM 04-26-2019
Three years in a row without a 1st round pick?

No thanks.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:31 AM 04-26-2019
Just trade a 5th or something to the Eagles for Nelson Agholor

Then add a pure speed guy in the 3rd or late second
[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:33 AM 04-26-2019
As per the original question.

No.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:35 AM 04-26-2019
It is a panic move, without the panic over compensation. Cards probably would want more then just that.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:41 AM 04-26-2019
I understand both sides of this discussion, I also see us losing 87 catches for 1479 yards and twelve TDs. Widely considered the most explosive offensive player in the league, hardest to defend.

I dont think staying where we are is going to come anywhere near replacing that production. Crabtree? Really? Garcon, Kearse? Those guys are #3s at best. While they could bring some value they arent going to scare anyone.
[Reply]
wazu 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
I don't think this would be a good move. That said, if they made this move to get Metcalf I'd trust it because I'd trust Reid. We have the most dangerous weapon in the NFL as our QB. If there's a star WR that we can get the payoff is exponential.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up