ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Are Not Done Shopping
Marty Mac Ver 3.0 12:36 PM 04-25-2019
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
[Reply]
Buckweath 05:25 PM 04-25-2019
Here is hoping Veach trades multiple 2020 picks. Im just hoping he keeps the 1st round pick.

The Rams and Saints had the same approach of going all in and it served them well this past year. They didnt get a SB but real close and they had great seasons.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 05:28 PM 04-25-2019
I'm thinking he pivots and makes the trade for a WR. I'd love to get Peterson but a WR may be a bigger need now. Unless he can get Peterson and draft a WR, which is still possible I guess.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:56 PM 04-25-2019
Welp, Guess this ends with the Hill news. Need to take a WR with one of the 2 2nds now. Corner back with the other. Pushes TE to the third. OG/C to 4th,....,
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:57 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Welp, Guess this ends with the Hill news. Need to take a WR with one of the 2 2nds now. Corner back with the other. Pushes TE to the third. OG/C to 4th,....,
Or the offense adapts and we take a TE. 2019 Chiefs offense featuring some sick two TE set looks that the NFL has never seen.
[Reply]
YayMike 06:00 PM 04-25-2019
Definitely possible and I’d be a big fan of this...

But: If (when) Sammy goes down we have no one at WR after D Rob.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:01 PM 04-25-2019
Well, the WR thing makes sense now . . . .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:02 PM 04-25-2019
Trade up for McLaurin or Butler.
[Reply]
YayMike 06:02 PM 04-25-2019
I guess the counter argument is that elite quarterbacks like Mahomes don’t need wide receivers and they actually make wide receivers better. Perhaps we have to put this theory to the test.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:32 PM 04-25-2019
I guess the counter argument is that elite quarterbacks like Mahomes don’t need wide receivers and they actually make wide receivers better. Perhaps we have to put this theory to the test.
Byron Pringle and Gehrig Deiter could thrive with Mahomes. But dang, you'd still like to get somebody else to compete with them. Veach will pull a rabbit out of his hat I'm guessing. He'll go get someone
[Reply]
YayMike 06:40 PM 04-25-2019
I agree, I think you really need a proven commodity next to Watkins.
[Reply]
J Diddy 07:09 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
Byron Pringle and Gehrig Deiter could thrive with Mahomes. But dang, you'd still like to get somebody else to compete with them. Veach will pull a rabbit out of his hat I'm guessing. He'll go get someone
Wr and cb 2nd round.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:11 PM 04-25-2019
It'll be Nelson Agoholar, he knows the system and Eagles want rid of him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 04-25-2019
Brady has done it for years. Time for Mahomes to become the next Brady.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:19 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
I'm thinking he pivots and makes the trade for a WR. I'd love to get Peterson but a WR may be a bigger need now. Unless he can get Peterson and draft a WR, which is still possible I guess.
WR IS ABSOLUTELY a bigger need now.

No question.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:08 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh? We can't win a Super Bowl if we lose in the playoffs? A Super Bowl win is not concrete if we make these trades and still have to play the entire season through? I demand more of your hot takes.
I'd like to hear YOUR "hot take" regarding how we get back on track, since you seem to know everything and are so quite sure of yourself. So let's hear it, and don't tell me you don't have the answer because you've been doling out "the correct answer" to everyone like a cheap, Central American hooker giving blowjobs to Mexican sailors all fucking long.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up