ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Are Not Done Shopping
Marty Mac Ver 3.0 12:36 PM 04-25-2019
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:31 PM 04-25-2019
I don't pretend to know what it would take to get PP, but contract-wise I think he's pretty affordable ($11-$13 million/year I believe). Especially if we utilize similar creativity a la Frank Clark's deal.

Let's remember that rookie CBs tend to get owned by veteran NFL QBs. They get picked on mercilessly and rarely finish their rookie seasons looking very good, statistically speaking. And the Chiefs play veteran QBs 14 times this coming season. And 9 of those QBs have proven that they the skill set to to do so.

PP is a known quantity, and while he might have lost a step, his football intelligence and coverage skills still make up the difference against all but the very fastest WRs. PP would lock down the opposing team's no. 1 WR, giving the rest of the secondary some breathing room with the remaining receiving options.

Of course, the problem with this scenario is that I have no idea what we'd have to give up in terms of draft picks to get him.

Too bad we couldn't just pay straight cash for him . . .
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:35 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
probably agholor
***NSFW LANGUAGE!!!***

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:42 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 3.0:
That's a great question. I don't know. Was told a long time ago John Ross was a player of interest.

That said, I want the kid from ASU. N'Keal The Real Deal!
I'd love to get Ross... He's been a disappointment so far in Cincinnati, but playing for that trash organization will do that
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:45 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
probably agholor
Not at $9M for 2019.
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:48 PM 04-25-2019
It's too bad we missed on OBJ. Anyone here that doesn't trade Reek straight up for OBJ?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:49 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
It's too bad we missed on OBJ. Anyone here that doesn't trade Reek straight up for OBJ?
This guy.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:52 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Played 4 games in 2017. 12 games in 2018. Has had ankle surgery.

I guess to answer your question, me.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:53 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Played 4 games in 2017. 12 games in 2018. Has had ankle surgery.

I guess to answer your question, me.
To expand on this...
Sammy Watkins has missed fewer games than OBJ. Let that sink in
[Reply]
YayMike 01:53 PM 04-25-2019
as I said in another thread, I'm not overpaying for PP. i'd offer the Cards our higher 2nd round pick and a 3rd next year for PP..... Otherwise...no dice.

we can use the draft picks to grab a WR, CB, C/OG. Those fill 2nd and 3rd rd needs.
[Reply]
TLO 01:55 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by YayMike:
as I said in another thread, I'm not overpaying for PP. i'd offer the Cards our higher 2nd round pick and a 3rd next year for PP..... Otherwise...no dice.

we can use the draft picks to grab a WR, CB, C/OG. Those fill 2nd and 3rd rd needs.

Maybe I'm in the minority here - but giving up two 2nds for a good corner is worth it to me over drafting Kpass and Speaks 2.0
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:01 PM 04-25-2019
Funny how many people on here value draft picks. You'd think people would rather get rid of their first born than give up two second round picks.

You're literally trading away unknowns for proven commodities.
[Reply]
Walt White 02:04 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by YayMike:

Hopefully what we gave up in the Clark trade doesn't make future trades harder. Now teams that saw what we gave up will expect a little more. Which I'm fine with the Clark trade, it'd just be nice to have one of those extra picks available for another trade.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:06 PM 04-25-2019
Just reported!! Veach tried to trade for PP before Frank Clark. Cards wanted too much so Veach turned his attention to Clark!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:07 PM 04-25-2019
I would absolutely trade both 2's for Peterson. Abso-freaking-lutely. Idk about extending him 4-5 years, but I'd definitely take a draft that got me Clark and Peterson with my 1st and 2nd round picks.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:08 PM 04-25-2019
Thanks, Marty!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up