ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Are Not Done Shopping
Marty Mac Ver 3.0 12:36 PM 04-25-2019
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 01:04 PM 04-25-2019
I like trading picks a lot more when they're at the end of every round like ours. So f'ing do it. The more ready-to-play talent we have the better.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:05 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
probably agholor
I’d be okay with that. He’s really good when the play breaks down too.

Wouldn’t wanna give up higher than our 3rd though, if that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:05 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs. What if one of these guys gets injured. What if these moves don't amount to shit. Why cut your window to a couple years followed by a legitimate rebuild when you can extrapolate it forever with 0 rebuilding years by learning to draft well and pay the right guys.

So short sighted but whatever. If they do this and things don't work out everyone will be stuck picking up the pieces of this mess.
Every party has a pooper

That's why we invited you

Party pooper

Party pooper
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:07 PM 04-25-2019
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs. What if one of these guys gets injured. What if these moves don't amount to shit. Why cut your window to a couple years followed by a legitimate rebuild when you can extrapolate it forever with 0 rebuilding years by learning to draft well and pay the right guys.

So short sighted but whatever. If they do this and things don't work out everyone will be stuck picking up the pieces of this mess.
What? People don't get injured in the NFL. I'm already up here at Rally House waiting in line so I can be the first to buy a Super Bowl LOL Champs hat.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:10 PM 04-25-2019
but but but Sean Manea!!!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 04-25-2019
Thanks for the cp drop mm I retired from twitter.
[Reply]
cabletech94 01:17 PM 04-25-2019
welcome back marty mac!!

always glad to hear from ya. waiting with my pat peterson hat on (not really).
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:18 PM 04-25-2019
Lol
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:20 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 3.0:
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
There's absolutely no way you extend Peterson for 4-5 years. The guy is already 29 years old, at a position where many sharply decline around 30 years old. If anything, you let him play out his contract and then hope you can recoup some of the picks by letting him go as a FA.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:21 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Both 2s??? Lol, yeah sure.
This but not sarcastic
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:21 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Lol
You're such a butt hurt loser :-)
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:22 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
You're such a butt hurt loser :-)
This guy has no info but by all means keep believing him.
[Reply]
kcclone 01:23 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Not a big fan of the WR talk unless it's a 3rd stringer.

To me, they’re getting ready for Hill not being here long term. I certainly understand that rationale.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:26 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
This guy has no info but by all means keep believing him.
:-) You sure let yourself get worked up over Marty.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:26 PM 04-25-2019
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs.
Oh? We can't win a Super Bowl if we lose in the playoffs? A Super Bowl win is not concrete if we make these trades and still have to play the entire season through? I demand more of your hot takes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up