ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Are Not Done Shopping
Marty Mac Ver 3.0 12:36 PM 04-25-2019
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:46 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Winning now trumps everything.
Bingo.

Worry about the future when you'll be clicking your Super Bowl rings together.
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 04-25-2019
So you're saying that I should go ahead and buy my AFCCG tickets?
[Reply]
Marty Mac Ver 3.0 12:48 PM 04-25-2019
Made a typo - Meant to type Entice

Originally Posted by Dante84:
say what?

[Reply]
Dante84 12:49 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 3.0:
Made a typo - Meant to type Entice
ah gotcha. I should have put that together.
[Reply]
Bump 12:50 PM 04-25-2019
well we are in Superbowl or bust mode so that would be fine with me.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:50 PM 04-25-2019
We are going to find our Zobrist.
[Reply]
TEX 12:51 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 3.0:
I figured I would drop here versus Twitter first.

Was just told the following: "Chiefs looking at 1 offensive player (WR), 1 defensive player on current rosters to acquire with draft picks. If nothing materializes, they are looking at a WR with one of the 2nd round picks."

Here's what I would do:

PUNT ON 2019 round 2.

Bundle both picks to Patrick Peterson, get him a new deal that keeps him in KC for 4-5 years.

Basically your 2019 Round 1 and Round 2 picks become Frank Clark and Patrick Peterson, which is bold and strong when you are in a win-now mode and not wanting to waste Mahomes' best/youngest years.

Use remainder of 2019 drafts to solidify the back-end of your roster, create more competition.

Draft nerds will hate this move, but it's logical.
Im in! :-)
[Reply]
Iconic 12:52 PM 04-25-2019
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs. What if one of these guys gets injured. What if these moves don't amount to shit. Why cut your window to a couple years followed by a legitimate rebuild when you can extrapolate it forever with 0 rebuilding years by learning to draft well and pay the right guys.

So short sighted but whatever. If they do this and things don't work out everyone will be stuck picking up the pieces of this mess.
[Reply]
loochy 12:53 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs. What if one of these guys gets injured. What if these moves don't amount to shit. Why cut your window to a couple years followed by a legitimate rebuild when you can extrapolate it forever with 0 rebuilding years.

So short sighted but whatever. If they do this and things don't work out everyone will be stuck picking up the pieces of this mess.
WHAT IF YOU LIKE TO PISS ON OUR CAMPFIRE?
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 04-25-2019
Meh, no thanks.

Draft some guys.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:55 PM 04-25-2019
Since we went through on the Clark trade, then yeah. Go all the fucking way. Patrick Peterson it is.

I might try to entice Arizona instead with some draft assets from next year in addition to one of our 2nd round picks this year, but I would understand if a deal like that couldn't get done. I'd want a 2nd rounder this year just in case there's a starting LG or C waiting to be had with that pick.

Eat dicks in hell, Tom Brady. You're going down this time.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:57 PM 04-25-2019
You guys act like making these moves makes a Superbowl win concrete. It's not that simple. There's always a what if. What if we get punted out of contention in the playoffs. What if one of these guys gets injured. What if these moves don't amount to shit. Why cut your window to a couple years followed by a legitimate rebuild when you can extrapolate it forever with 0 rebuilding years by learning to draft well and pay the right guys.

I'm not "all in for now" fan either. I want to dominate the league like the Patriots are for years due to 50 years of mediocrity.

But I can't control it, just like I couldn't control said 50 years of mediocrity. So whatever.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:59 PM 04-25-2019
Fuck it. All chips to the center of the table. Trading for Pat Peterson would be awesome
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:01 PM 04-25-2019
Not a big fan of the WR talk unless it's a 3rd stringer.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:03 PM 04-25-2019

[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up