ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Minimum age for kiddo to enjoy a regular season game?
luv 11:30 AM 04-25-2019
Taking the kiddo to his first game during preseason this year. He'll be 3 1/2. I think he's too young for a regular season game. Just wondering what age you would want your kiddo to be before you took them to their first regular season game?
[Reply]
malachi47000 12:11 PM 04-25-2019
I took my 2 sons to the Cleveland Browns day after christmas game (Dec 2015) as a surprise present. It was the first game they have ever went to. My youngest was 7 and my older one was 12. They both had a blast and have started watching every game since.

Despite being cold they both watched the whole game and were really into it. I think that if my youngest was any younger, he wouldn't have paid much attention to it...IMO

The other thing to consider is all the beer drinking, cussing and such. You don't want a 3 year old learning to say fuck after a game and knowing how much the beer costs.....:-)
[Reply]
luv 12:27 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
3.5 is definitely too young for a regular season game. Take them to a pre-season game, so it's about half full (or less). Then when he gets squirrely he can climb around your section because it will be pretty empty in the second half. You can also take him to the concessions frequently and not have to worry that you're missing much.

Every kid is different. I took my kids when they were 6 & 7 to a regular season game and they each got to bring a friend, and they had no problem staying for the whole game and were mostly into it.
Preseason is definitely the best time to acclimate a youngster to the atmosphere without all the craziness of regular season. It's a definite no on regular season until he's older. I was just curious to see how much older people thought would be appropriate. I know every child is different, but I was thinking 6 or 7 before regular season. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
[Reply]
srvy 12:30 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Does he watch entire football games on TV?
This ^^^
[Reply]
Monty 01:10 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Preseason is definitely the best time to acclimate a youngster to the atmosphere without all the craziness of regular season. It's a definite no on regular season until he's older. I was just curious to see how much older people thought would be appropriate. I know every child is different, but I was thinking 6 or 7 before regular season. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
My kids were 9 and 10 and that worked out well enough, but it really depends on their interest level. 5-7 is just too young IMO.
[Reply]
kc rush 01:42 PM 04-25-2019
Depends upon the seats and the opposing team. Lower level is probably fine for the 10ish range. I'd say older for dealing with the drunks and raider scum that show up in the nosebleeds.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:58 PM 04-25-2019
8. If he's old enough to smoke he's old enough to go to a game.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:22 PM 04-25-2019
I first went with my dad at 5 and loved it from the first time. It was our thing that my mom and sister didn't want to do. I will say that was an era when there wasn't nearly as much drinking at the game, but I certainly got to know what a drunk was and I learned all my first swear words there. I was a very shy girl so I took a while to not be nervous around so many strangers, but most everyone was really really nice and I warmed up to them (season tickets so similar folks every game was helpful.)

I had been watching games on tv with him for a couple of years before that. It probably depends on the kid and how much parenting you have to do from minute to minute as to whether you will still enjoy the game with them there!
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:23 PM 04-25-2019
Yeah I think I went to my first game at 8 or 9.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:26 PM 04-25-2019
First game I went to I was 4.. it was preseason game. I don't remember much but remember a few things. The astro turf.. we were playing the Lions... thats about it. First game I remember actually going to was the KC oakland playoff game in 91 I was 6 and I remember it was so fucking cold!

I also think it depends where you sit, if you can afford to spend a little more on tickets and get in the lower bowl or in the suites its better. If you're trying to get cheap tickets and sit up top then I would wait until the kid is a little older since it can be a little more wild up there lol
[Reply]
007 02:28 PM 04-25-2019
I didn't take my kids until they started watching full Chiefs games on TV with me. That generally did not happen until they were 10. I also made the preseason games the first experience to be sure they could handle it.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 02:35 PM 04-25-2019
The question you have to ask is....can they accurately aim a laser pointer at Tom Brady? That should give you the answer you seek. :-)
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:43 PM 04-25-2019
Based on the number of drunk, eager-to-fight-everybody ass-clowns, I'd say like 18 at this point.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:47 PM 04-25-2019
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:47 PM 04-25-2019
[Reply]
007 02:53 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Based on the number of drunk, eager-to-fight-everybody ass-clowns, I'd say like 18 at this point.
That was a problem I experienced last year with my 10 year old. Family behind and next to us were belligerent drinks spilling beer on everyone. I reported them and had my seats moved because I was not spending an entire season dealing with that bullshit. Chiefs were kind enough to accommodate my request and now we have awesome 50 yard line seats with great neighbors.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up