ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Minimum age for kiddo to enjoy a regular season game?
luv 11:30 AM 04-25-2019
Taking the kiddo to his first game during preseason this year. He'll be 3 1/2. I think he's too young for a regular season game. Just wondering what age you would want your kiddo to be before you took them to their first regular season game?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:33 AM 04-25-2019
Honestly I wouldn't bring a kid until he/she is 10 or so. Before that, not only do they not really get all that much out of it, but neither will you.

Leave them with a grandparent or someone you trust who will give them a lot better experience, and then you enjoy the game more, too.
[Reply]
loochy 11:33 AM 04-25-2019
LOL, of course that will be too young. He'll be bored to death. Why waste his time and your money? Make sure he is able to sit and watch an entire game on TV without being bored first.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:35 AM 04-25-2019
Not the same topic... But

I started taking my girls to the gas station to get slushies and candy before all the Chiefs games this year (Ages 5 and 3). The concept was to get them subliminally excited for Chiefs Games every Sunday.

I'll be damned.... It worked! They would wake me up and say Go Chiefs all morning then would sit and watch MOST of the game with me. Eldest one even started asking questions....

Moral of the story, tricking your kids into becoming die hard fans at a young age is fun.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 AM 04-25-2019
I went to my first pro football game at age 24 and very much enjoyed it. So it's a younger age than 24.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:42 AM 04-25-2019
Does he watch entire football games on TV?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:43 AM 04-25-2019
My son is 6 and i'm taking him for his birthday this year.

I'm sure he won't get bored, he still watches last year's games on the DVR most every day.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:48 AM 04-25-2019
[Reply]
luv 11:50 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
LOL, of course that will be too young. He'll be bored to death. Why waste his time and your money? Make sure he is able to sit and watch an entire game on TV without being bored first.
Maybe I wasn't clear in the OP? We're taking him to a preseason game. I don't know of anyone, including adults, who stay through an entire game most of the time. If he lasts a quarter, I'd be surprised. No biggie if he doesn't.

As it asks in the OP, how old do you think a child should be before going to a REGULAR season game?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:52 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
My son is 6 and i'm taking him for his birthday this year.

I'm sure he won't get bored, he still watches last year's games on the DVR most every day.
Yep. Age 6 was my sons first game. Loved it.
[Reply]
kcclone 11:54 AM 04-25-2019
3.5 is definitely too young for a regular season game. Take them to a pre-season game, so it's about half full (or less). Then when he gets squirrely he can climb around your section because it will be pretty empty in the second half. You can also take him to the concessions frequently and not have to worry that you're missing much.

Every kid is different. I took my kids when they were 6 & 7 to a regular season game and they each got to bring a friend, and they had no problem staying for the whole game and were mostly into it.
[Reply]
loochy 12:00 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Maybe I wasn't clear in the OP? We're taking him to a preseason game. I don't know of anyone, including adults, who stay through an entire game most of the time. If he lasts a quarter, I'd be surprised. No biggie if he doesn't.

As it asks in the OP, how old do you think a child should be before going to a REGULAR season game?
Meh, you could TRY...but I still wouldn't. There's no way he would like it. Just enjoy it with you and your man and leave him with a babysitter. Enjoy each other for once because it'll be a long while before you get to again.
[Reply]
DrRyan 12:00 PM 04-25-2019
3 1/2 is a definite no. Can you really see them (and you for that matter) enjoying the game?

I'm bringing my son to KC for the home opener for a guys weekend for his 10th birthday this year. For me personally, 10 is the earliest I would bring my kids. NFL games really aren't for children. Massive crowds of over served people originally had me pushing it past 10 years old.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:02 PM 04-25-2019
I think regardless of age everyone should at least make $25 and hour...oh wait, wrong forum.
[Reply]
tmax63 12:04 PM 04-25-2019
Old enough to not say "mommy look that lady is fatter than gramma or grampa"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up