ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official: What Are the Raiders Thinking Thread
Hoover 08:56 AM 04-25-2019
Really can't wait to watch the Raiders draft tonight. Will a full back go #4?

I hear they just want to play it safe and not swing for the fences. I hope that's not the case!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:04 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Especially in a passing league. :-)
Right. He's an excellent receiver and blocker in the passing game.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:25 PM 04-25-2019
Thumper Safety with good coverage skills.

I actually really like the three players we took and they all fill a need and make the Raiders better.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:27 PM 04-25-2019
Raiders drafting tough, physical football players.

Ice up.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:31 PM 04-25-2019
Actually a good 1st round. Bit of a reach with Ferrell and possibly Jacobs, but only because you'd assume they could've traded down, still got them, and got extra picks. But you never know if any other teams were willing partners. 3 really solid players though. Can't make fun of it, which feels strange.
[Reply]
NWTF 09:58 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Actually a good 1st round. Bit of a reach with Ferrell and possibly Jacobs, but only because you'd assume they could've traded down, still got them, and got extra picks. But you never know if any other teams were willing partners. 3 really solid players though. Can't make fun of it, which feels strange.
I think Jacobs will stabilize their offense. They will be able to get cheap yards easier than before. Which helps a lot when you dont have an elite QB, which they dont. Kind of like Dallas with Ezekiel Elliot. Take Elliot out and Prescott doesnt look so great.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:01 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
They reached on Ferrell and traded away Mack and Cooper to get who they got. In a microscope they did well but it’s hard to say the talent brought in was better (or even close) to who they gave up.
[Reply]
Munson 10:03 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Thumper Safety with good coverage skills.

I actually really like the three players we took and they all fill a need and make the Raiders better.
No question the Raiders are a better team than last year.

But they'll still battle the Donks for last place in the West. :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 10:16 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They reached on Ferrell and traded away Mack and Cooper to get who they got. In a microscope they did well but it’s hard to say the talent brought in was better (or even close) to who they gave up.
Mack was a stud but Cooper disappears quit often. They still have a 1st rd pic next year and they didn’t have to pay Mack’s big contract and Coopers big contract coming up. Still think it was silly to trade Mack but they fleeced Dallas with that trade.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 11:54 PM 04-25-2019
It's official. Raiders are the most talented team in the AFC West.And still have more picks the next two days.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:57 PM 04-25-2019
They reached by around 20 slots on Ferrell, took a RB that really isn't special--and could have got with that early 2nd rounder and took a guy that Pat will pick apart to put the cherry on top.

Never fucking change, Gruden :-)

Could have landed Ed Oliver, Ferrell or at least Sweat and had another 1 to play with.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:04 AM 04-26-2019
Did they truly screw the pooch or are we just shucking and jiving to make ourselves feel better on this shittastic day?
[Reply]
Eureka 12:28 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Did they truly screw the pooch or are we just shucking and jiving to make ourselves feel better on this shittastic day?
They added 3 first round picks. I’d say they’ve gotten better.

Chiefs added a great DE.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:45 AM 04-26-2019
Raiders had a great 1st round. Sucks they actually didn't fuck it up. Ferrell was considered a top 5 pick and consensus #2 pass rusher in this draft until a month ago when everyone decided he should drop 15-20 slots down the board. Abram was easily the best SS in this draft and should have been a 1st rounder and at worst top 5 of the 2nd round. He can do everything. Not sure where the "he can't cover" crowd came from but it's wrong. They got the best back in the draft and desperately needed one. They got better. Hands down they got better. Sure, we can argue that it may be unlikely Ferrell becomes what Mack was and they simply traded away alot of talent to get the talent they got, so it's a lateral-ish move But, the fact is they make some good picks and filled some voids. They are going to be a better team. If they get Irv Smith at 35, that offense could be pretty fucking good.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:21 AM 04-26-2019
We didn't draft a punter so I am disappointed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:55 AM 04-26-2019
I feel like were falling behind in this department, and that it's eventually going to be a HUGE problem.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up