ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 181
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 11:02 PM 04-24-2019
Version 2019.

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

2. Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:
Here is a list of the 159 prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year. 5/6

View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here
[Reply]
RunKC 07:46 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Starting to get a little nervous about Oakland getting Haskins. Louis Riddick was just talking about how he was going to be great in the NFL. Riddick knows his shit when it comes to scouting...
Don’t care. We have Mahomes
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:47 AM 04-25-2019
Word is that tons of teams are trying to trade down...

Makes our Clark deal look better I’d say. Almost no one seems to want a pick from 15-32 if they can get more on day 2 in return.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:48 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don’t care. We have Mahomes
I’m tryin’ to have the easiest possible path to glory for the next 15+ years. Think Brady in the AFC East. That’s all...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:49 AM 04-25-2019
Starting to get a little nervous about Oakland getting Haskins. Louis Riddick was just talking about how he was going to be great in the NFL. Riddick knows his shit when it comes to scouting...
Haskins’ father is the next Lavar Ball. Please take him Raiders!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:52 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I won’t dispute the possibility of Gruden, AB, or his dad ruining him together. But I’m just saying, when Riddick talks I listen.
[Reply]
Warrick 07:53 AM 04-25-2019

Makes our Clark deal look better I’d say. Almost no one seems to want a pick from 15-32 if they can get more on day 2 in return.
Tons of teams? Whatever floats your guys boats to validate FC, I guess...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:56 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Tons of teams? Whatever floats your guys boats to validate FC, I guess...
I’ve been watching coverage all morning. We’ve got guys literally saying that several teams are trying to get extra picks for day 2 because this draft is more deep than it is top heavy with the 1st round.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:58 AM 04-25-2019

I know lots of teams put it out there that they only saw 14-15 1st rounders in this draft, but I wasn't sure what the Chiefs were thinking.

Then, after the Frank Clark trade, Nate Taylor from The Athletic said he had a source that told him the Chiefs had just 15 first round prospect grades in this draft. That really made me feel a lot better about the decision.

We basically gave up a second round talent and Dee Ford to get Frank Clark, who would be a top 5-10 pick in this draft.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:59 AM 04-25-2019
If Louis, Andy, and Brett are all like minded then the Chiefs will be aiming to get Chase Winovich especially if Kpass is being thought of as a bust. Since Veach has been citing that he's going to stick to his draft board no matter the position outside of QB.
[Reply]
Warrick 07:59 AM 04-25-2019
Who Mel Kiper? When has that guy been right about anything? :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I know lots of teams put it out there that they only saw 14-15 1st rounders in this draft, but I wasn't sure what the Chiefs were thinking.

Then, after the Frank Clark trade, Nate Taylor from The Athletic said he had a source that told him the Chiefs had just 15 first round prospect grades in this draft. That really made me feel a lot better about the decision.

We basically gave up a second round talent and Dee Ford to get Frank Clark, who would be a top 5-10 pick in this draft.
The way I’m looking at it, Veach would have went up to 15 or higher in order to get a true 1st round guy had he not gotten Clark. Something probably that would have required surrendering one of our 2019 2nd round picks and maybe more.

We basically decided to instead trade up for the rights to Frank Clark, a player who would be a top 5 talent in this draft class and is already proven. But we had to pay the big salary.

All a matter of what you value I guess. For a team trying to win the Super Bowl now, I think KC did the best possible thing and even retained their 2019 2nds.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:03 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Who Mel Kiper? When has that guy been right about anything? :-)
Mel hasn’t even been on today.

Actual insiders — Rapoport being one of them.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:04 AM 04-25-2019

Chiefs should have 26,961,220 when you consider the savings coming from Berry. Draft will likely only cost the cap around 700k at the moment. I say all this because I think they are preparing to add a veteran to a position of need if they can't fill it via the draft.

— ChiefBearcat (@Chief_Bearcat) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:04 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If Louis, Andy, and Brett are all like minded then the Chiefs will be aiming to get Chase Winovich especially if Kpass is being thought of as a bust. Since Veach has been citing that he's going to stick to his draft board no matter the position outside of QB.
They’re going DB early. Veach hinted at such many times in his presser last week.

I like Chase but that pick wouldn’t make sense now.
[Reply]
DrRyan 08:04 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Just read the story, yeah dad sounds like a problem.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 181
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up