ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did Frank Clark get Tyreek Hill's money? If so... what's the plan?
Dante84 05:55 PM 04-23-2019
- It sounds like we are still moving forward with Chris Jones' extension, which will be around $20M / year.

- We just paid Frank Clark a shitton of money.

- We are going to make Pat Mahomes the highest paid player in NFL history, possibly as soon as next offseason.

- With Hill's status unknown, we clearly are not going to pay him until this situation irons out, and even then, perhaps the deal signed with Frank Clark today was indicative of our plan to not extend Hill.

- Assuming Hill is not in trouble, we have him under contract and he plays this season.

- We could franchise him next season. If we do that, and he's still not in trouble, he would be smart to hold out. And if that all occurs, then he would be a prime candidate for a tag & trade. What would he net in return?

What is the game plan for replacing Hill's production moving forward?

- Draft Hardman/Isabella/Other?
- Trade in 2020?
- FA in 2020?
- Extend Watkins beyond 2020?
- Does D-Rob or Pringle blow up?
- Do we change our offense and focus on a different attack plan?
[Reply]
YayMike 07:33 AM 04-24-2019
I think once Jones is signed....we focus on Fuller.

Let Hill play on the tag and then let him be extended if he stays clean. I would not even approach him before then. Too Risky...

That being said...we need to draft at least one WR with our first 3 picks., unless we restructure Sammy, after next season we have NO WRs.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:37 AM 04-24-2019
do you guys remember how many fucking super stars denver had for awhile? the more you look the more the cap is kind of bullshit. its so flexible and manueverable and we have mahomes so we should get by with cheating with a minimal slap now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:53 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
do you guys remember how many fucking super stars denver had for awhile? the more you look the more the cap is kind of bullshit. its so flexible and manueverable and we have mahomes so we should get by with cheating with a minimal slap now.
The new CBA is a big piece of this puzzle. KC’s ownership and FO may know things we don’t about where the cap could be headed.
[Reply]
oldman 08:01 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They must be expecting the new CBA to change things drastically.
I think you're right. The cap will go up each year, the percentage may change, and there were some rumblings about a QB cap. But as I see it, Clark got Ford's money, at least this year. And Clark won't get flattened by a WR on a sweep.
[Reply]
Reroka 08:16 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
True, but we will need to make a decision next season. And the amount of money gave Clark today, paired with the money we will give Jones & Mahomes next year will certainly impact their decision and ability to make an agreement with Hill.

I find it hard to believe they aren't thinking ahead.

TBH, I feel as if Mahomes is the type of player who will take a discount in order to keep players around. Just a feeling.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:37 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Reroka:
TBH, I feel as if Mahomes is the type of player who will take a discount in order to keep players around. Just a feeling.
You are sadly mistaken my friend. He’s getting 40 mil a year. No discount
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:42 AM 04-24-2019
He'll get the contract he deserves this time around. It's later in their careers that they make deals to help the team with the cap. He'd be a fool to give the team a discount now, the future is not guaranteed to you. When you're Tom Brady's age and will never think about money again then maybe.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:52 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think you're right. The cap will go up each year, the percentage may change, and there were some rumblings about a QB cap. But as I see it, Clark got Ford's money, at least this year. And Clark won't get flattened by a WR on a sweep.
^this^ :-)

...or lineup offsides
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:12 AM 04-24-2019
I think they were going to extend him then this popped up and they went to the next priority until it resolves. They can still work out a deal regardless of what they have already done and will do with the other players. If hill wants to stay they will get a deal done.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:20 AM 04-24-2019
Hill will get extended. Veach rewards players with contracts if they perform
[Reply]
wazu 09:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hill will get extended. Veach rewards players with contracts if they perform
Yep, just ask Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:50 AM 04-24-2019
They just ask that you don't lie to them. It's a big request, I know.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:31 AM 04-24-2019
Are people still butthurt about Kareem Hunt? He made his own bed. Keep your fists to yourself and you're still on the team gunning for a super bowl this year.
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
He'll get the contract he deserves this time around. It's later in their careers that they make deals to help the team with the cap. He'd be a fool to give the team a discount now, the future is not guaranteed to you. When you're Tom Brady and get paid through avenues outside of the cap then maybe.
Fixed
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:34 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Agree.

But Clark's contract today + Jones + Mahomes... is there enough to pay Hill?
I think a lot of people don't realize that teams can manipulate the salary cap to fit large contracts in.

I think we all know Sammy isn't going to be here after year 3 so there is, what, $16M freed up right there and I believe the Chiefs as of right now have just under $40M in cap space for next season. Plus, the cap is going to increase each year as it has every year in the past.

If everything works out with Hill off the field they will find a way to extend the guys they need. Kelce is getting older and if he has a large cap number in the next few years we will likely see him leave as well. So, they will find a way to keep the guys they want to keep, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up