ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did Frank Clark get Tyreek Hill's money? If so... what's the plan?
Dante84 05:55 PM 04-23-2019
- It sounds like we are still moving forward with Chris Jones' extension, which will be around $20M / year.

- We just paid Frank Clark a shitton of money.

- We are going to make Pat Mahomes the highest paid player in NFL history, possibly as soon as next offseason.

- With Hill's status unknown, we clearly are not going to pay him until this situation irons out, and even then, perhaps the deal signed with Frank Clark today was indicative of our plan to not extend Hill.

- Assuming Hill is not in trouble, we have him under contract and he plays this season.

- We could franchise him next season. If we do that, and he's still not in trouble, he would be smart to hold out. And if that all occurs, then he would be a prime candidate for a tag & trade. What would he net in return?

What is the game plan for replacing Hill's production moving forward?

- Draft Hardman/Isabella/Other?
- Trade in 2020?
- FA in 2020?
- Extend Watkins beyond 2020?
- Does D-Rob or Pringle blow up?
- Do we change our offense and focus on a different attack plan?
[Reply]
DrRyan 07:04 PM 04-23-2019
It would really be a downer to lose Hill with Pat setting the world on fire. His skills align with Pat's so well. All that said, great WRs aren't the secret sauce to winning super bowls. How many rings did Moss, TO, Julio Jones, AB, Hopkins, etc win?

I'm not the biggest Cowherd fan but I tend to agree with his "WRs are the icing on the cake" position. Great QBs elevate the receivers around them. Great WRs are not needed to win it all.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:10 PM 04-23-2019
Hill is a great weapon, but speed guys usually live short lives in the NFL.

Jones should absolutely be paid whatever it takes, and we to continue to add weapons around Mahomes so that when Hill departs we don’t miss a beat.
[Reply]
bobhill 07:14 PM 04-23-2019
With Tyreek Hill status still up in the air there's no way the team was going to lock him up make him the highest-paid wide receiver this year not until his issues clear up or he's off the team
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:18 PM 04-23-2019
No. The Chiefs are stupid, but they aren’t brain dead. Hill is what Pat needs to be MVP. Assuming Clark is not a complete bitch, Hill will get paid.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
If Hill isn't banned from the NFL entirely, then we should lock up Hill, probably get him cheaper now. **** being the nice guy and trying to do the right thing and cut him just so some other team swoops him up on the cheap.
They didn’t HAVE to do that with Hunt, but they chose to do so. Winning isn’t always the priority.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
If Hill isn't banned from the NFL entirely, then we should lock up Hill, probably get him cheaper now. Fuck being the nice guy and trying to do the right thing and cut him just so some other team swoops him up on the cheap.
Exactly. Barring damning evidence, we would be complete fools to let Hill go.

How many analysts and media members are criticizing the Browns for signing Kareem Hunt? No one.

The narrative now is, "Imagine how great the Browns offense will be when Hunt comes back from suspension?!"

Every time I read a headline like that it makes me sick to my stomach. We gave an elite RB to a conference rival for nothing because we were scared of backlash, and Cleveland gets nothing but praise for signing him. It sucks.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:37 PM 04-23-2019
Doesnt matter we have Mahomes
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Exactly. Barring damning evidence, we would be complete fools to let Hill go.

How many analysts and media members are criticizing the Browns for signing Kareem Hunt? No one.

The narrative now is, "Imagine how great the Browns offense will be when Hunt comes back from suspension?!"

Every time I read a headline like that it makes me sick to my stomach. We gave an elite RB to a conference rival for nothing because we were scared of backlash, and Cleveland gets nothing but praise for signing him. It sucks.
I’m not sure what people thought was going to happen; it was always clear to me that some team, if not many teams, would line up for an under-valued asset.
[Reply]
In58men 08:12 PM 04-23-2019
She just posted this. Do you think it’s old?

Is she pregnant?

Discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:17 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
She just posted this. Do you think it’s old?

Is she pregnant?

Discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea she’s pregnant with twins. Tyreek announced this during the playoffs
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:18 PM 04-23-2019
I'm not at all concerned about the money or salary cap to pay Mahomes and hill.

The new CBA is going to butt sex the current system and there will be a shitload more money to pay the players a shitload more money about next year.
[Reply]
In58men 08:18 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea she’s pregnant with twins. Tyreek announced this during the playoffs
Discussion over
[Reply]
tmax63 08:36 PM 04-23-2019
The "capologists" here make me laugh. They aren't spending my money directly, they're spending Clark's. If they want to do something personnel wise cap is probably last on the list of worry. If they want it they will make it happen. See NE, Denver et al.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:38 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by bobhill:
With Tyreek Hill status still up in the air there's no way the team was going to lock him up make him the highest-paid wide receiver this year not until his issues clear up or he's off the team
Thank you - I was wondering
[Reply]
Dante84 09:54 PM 04-23-2019
Terez weighs in on the subject. Sounds promising!

Some bonus notes on the Clark trade, from what I’ve been told:

•There was not an internal consensus in SEA about trading Clark. Some wanted to keep him.

•KC views Clark as the NFL’s 2nd-best edge rusher.

•The trade does NOT impact KC’s ability to sign Jones, Hill or Fuller.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up