ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did Frank Clark get Tyreek Hill's money? If so... what's the plan?
Dante84 05:55 PM 04-23-2019
- It sounds like we are still moving forward with Chris Jones' extension, which will be around $20M / year.

- We just paid Frank Clark a shitton of money.

- We are going to make Pat Mahomes the highest paid player in NFL history, possibly as soon as next offseason.

- With Hill's status unknown, we clearly are not going to pay him until this situation irons out, and even then, perhaps the deal signed with Frank Clark today was indicative of our plan to not extend Hill.

- Assuming Hill is not in trouble, we have him under contract and he plays this season.

- We could franchise him next season. If we do that, and he's still not in trouble, he would be smart to hold out. And if that all occurs, then he would be a prime candidate for a tag & trade. What would he net in return?

What is the game plan for replacing Hill's production moving forward?

- Draft Hardman/Isabella/Other?
- Trade in 2020?
- FA in 2020?
- Extend Watkins beyond 2020?
- Does D-Rob or Pringle blow up?
- Do we change our offense and focus on a different attack plan?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:56 PM 04-23-2019
Doesn't matter have Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 PM 04-23-2019
no.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:56 PM 04-23-2019
Find more money
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:58 PM 04-23-2019
We didn't need to extend Hill this offseason. And his ongoing case has made it a complete afterthought. I'm sure even Hill himself understands it.
[Reply]
Shoes 06:01 PM 04-23-2019
Hill's offseason fiasco buys the Chiefs another year of cheap labor. Revisit next year.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We didn't need to extend Hill this offseason. And his ongoing case has made it a complete afterthought. I'm sure even Hill himself understands it.
True, but we will need to make a decision next season. And the amount of money gave Clark today, paired with the money we will give Jones & Mahomes next year will certainly impact their decision and ability to make an agreement with Hill.

I find it hard to believe they aren't thinking ahead.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 06:03 PM 04-23-2019
No extension this year and probably tagged next year.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:03 PM 04-23-2019
Tag Tyreek and after we win back-to-back Superbowls he can walk...
[Reply]
Dante84 06:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Hill's offseason fiasco buys the Chiefs another year of cheap labor. Revisit next year.
Agree.

But Clark's contract today + Jones + Mahomes... is there enough to pay Hill?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:04 PM 04-23-2019
The Clark trade to me says that they aren’t worried about any major legal discipline. Because the optics of that potential scenario after trading for Clark are so horrific.

But who knows. Maybe they don’t plan to keep Hill now beyond 2019. I would...

Watkins’ deal will come off the books next year and they could go cheaper at LT eventually if necessary.
[Reply]
Shoes 06:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
True, but we will need to make a decision next season. And the amount of money gave Clark today, paired with the money we will give Jones & Mahomes next year will certainly impact their decision and ability to make an agreement with Hill.

Path of least resistance would likely be cutting Sammy Watkins and giving that money to Hill if you want an realistic answer today.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Absolutely. And this is one of the main reasons why we can walk away from Watkins next season and why we need to draft or develop a WR this season.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:08 PM 04-23-2019
Mellinger wrote an article today that the team is still confident it can pay Hill/Mahomes/Jones long term. It's all about structure and you can structure Mahomes extension to start after year 5 to get things to fit.
[Reply]
Bump 06:08 PM 04-23-2019
If Hill isn't banned from the NFL entirely, then we should lock up Hill, probably get him cheaper now. Fuck being the nice guy and trying to do the right thing and cut him just so some other team swoops him up on the cheap.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up