» Round 3, No. 92: John Cominsky, DE, Charleston
» Round 5, No. 167: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska
» Round 6, No. 201: Keenen Brown, TE, Texas State
» Round 6, No. 214: Saivion Smith, S, Alabama
» Round 7, No. 216 (from 49ers): Nate Herbig, OG, Stanford

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-draft-round-1
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 04-19-2019
Too high for Lonnie and Cominsky (though I do really like him; I don't expect him to go before the 5th and if he does, c'est la vie).

I do a lot of draft research and I have no goddamn idea who Keenen Brown is. I do like Saivion Smith in the 6th, though just resigning him to safety this early in his career seems odd. He should get a shot at CB first, especially in a Cover 3 where I think he'll play up a bit.

Eh - not terrible. Not my favorite effort but I've seen far worse.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 04-19-2019
Man, he had us leaving Greedy, Adderly, Tillery, Fant and Simmons on the board at 29 to take Bradbury. I love me some Bradbury but that's a loooooot of talent left on the board. Not sure I like that route at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:35 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man, he had us leaving Greedy, Adderly, Tillery, Fant and Simmons on the board at 29 to take Bradbury. I love me some Bradbury but that's a loooooot of talent left on the board. Not sure I like that route at all.
Yeah....that's what I thought. We could technically come out with Adderley and Tillery with our first two picks.....all it would take is a little trade up in the 2nd.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:41 PM 04-19-2019
That is an absolute shit draft there are no other words for it
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:41 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah....that's what I thought. We could technically come out with Adderley and Tillery with our first two picks.....all it would take is a little trade up in the 2nd.
By his board you could trade down in the 1st and get the firepower you'd need to trade up in the 2nd, get them both and probably still walk away with an additional 4th rounder for your efforts.

If the board were still tacked that tight at 29, there are far more interesting/effective paths forward than just taking Bradbury and then sitting tight at 61/63.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:42 PM 04-19-2019
By his board you could trade down in the 1st and get the firepower you'd need to trade up in the 2nd, get them both and probably still walk away with an additional 4th rounder for your efforts.

If the board were still tacked that tight at 29, there are far more interesting/effective paths forward than just taking Bradbury and then sitting tight at 61/63.
He also has Pratt going after our pick in the 5th round.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:43 PM 04-19-2019
I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:03 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He also has Pratt going after our pick in the 5th round.
Ha! He had us taking Ozigbo, a guy who's virtually identical to Hyde, over Pratt?

Man, we could just absolutely murder that draft. We could give up a our 1st, 6th and probably next year's 3rd to get both of Houston's 2nds.

54, 55, 61, 63 we could go:

Adderley
Tillery
Hardman/Boykin
Justin Layne/David Long

At 92 we go Gaillard to address Center
Pratt at 167
Wescoe with a remaining 6,
Fields as a slot corner in the 7th or Rodney Anderson as a wild card at RB

I mean good lord, if this is how the board fell and we ended up with the lot he gave us, that's just awful. We could offer even 'more' by draft value, offer them our 1st and one of this year's 2nds
[Reply]
kccrow 05:17 PM 04-19-2019
By his board, and without trading, I'd probably go something like this:

1. Chase Winovich, ER, Michigan
2. Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
2. Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State
3. Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
5. Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
6. Isaiah Buggs, DT, Alabama
6. Sheldrick Redwine, DB, Miami
7. Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:12 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
By his board, and without trading, I'd probably go something like this:

1. Chase Winovich, ER, Michigan
2. Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
2. Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State
3. Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
5. Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
6. Isaiah Buggs, DT, Alabama
6. Sheldrick Redwine, DB, Miami
7. Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State
You'd take Winovich over Tillery?

Man, can't get there at all. Tillery could be as good a DE in this system as Winovich could AND be a better interior rusher. I think Tillery is a significantly higher ceiling, more versatile prospect than Winovich.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:41 PM 04-19-2019
You'd take Winovich over Tillery?

Man, can't get there at all. Tillery could be as good a DE in this system as Winovich could AND be a better interior rusher. I think Tillery is a significantly higher ceiling, more versatile prospect than Winovich.
I think if you would have stopped after sentence 2, you would have been fine. Tillery at DE is a real stretch. Real stretch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:55 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think if you would have stopped after sentence 2, you would have been fine. Tillery at DE is a real stretch. Real stretch.
He's nearly as explosive as Jones and I think Jones could play SDE in this system quite well. Hell, Jones could probably play Leo well if asked. Tillery's not far removed from him athletically. He's incredible long and has the functional strength thrive anywhere you put him.

He's not what we've come to expect from edge players in our recent history as a 3-4 team, but as a 4-3 DE, especially if Spags isn't looking for a speed rusher, I think he can do the job quite well.

Everyone says that Tanoh is really a 4-3 DE - what physical advantages does Tanoh have on Tillery? Tillery is incredibly athletic; far more than most seem to want to give him credit for. I'm not saying it's where he'd be best, but he could absolutely do a good job on the end.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:29 PM 04-19-2019
Yeah I'm not agreeing with that at all beyond the part about Tanoh.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 04-19-2019
He’s similar in size and athleticism to Calais Campbell, who can and has played both.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up