ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>first round mock
BryanBusby 10:42 AM 04-18-2019
1) Oakland Raiders (f/AZ) - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma

I think the Cardinals will eventually succeed in moving down, but I don't think they're going to get an RG3 type of haul for it. Gruden knows that Carr is a low ceiling QB that can't handle all the verbal diarrhea he spews.

Carr will play in Oakland while Murray learns and takes the reigns when they start in Vegas. Raiders give 4+27 for 1, which is still a pretty dang good return to move down 3 fucking spots.

I could be wrong, but I feel that if the Cardinals were serious about replacing Josh Rosen...they would tell him to stay the fuck home and not risk injury.

2) San Francisco 49ers - Nick Bosa DE Ohio State

The 49ers have a pretty good IDL already, but now just need a good pass-rusher opposite from Dee Ford.

3) Denver Broncos (f/NYJ) - Quinnen Williams DL Alabama

I think the Broncos are going to try and go all in with Flacco. Grabbing a key player like Williams would be a huge boost for Fangio's Defense to go along with Chubb and Von Miller. Broncos give up 10, 41 and 2020 2nd for 3.

4) Arizona Cardinals (f/OAK) - Ed Oliver DT Houston

Cardinals slide back and get an elite IDL pass-rusher.

5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Devin White LB LSU

Arians gets a key guy for the middle.

6) New York Giants - Josh Allen OLB Kentucky

They're going to pass on a QB. lolgiants

7) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor OT Florida

They tipped their hand a month ago

8) Detroit Lions - Montez Sweat DE Mississippi State

The Lions need edge rushers.

9) Buffalo Bills - Christian Wilkins DT Clemson

Kyle Williams replacement

10) New York Jets (f/DEN) - TJ Hockenson TE Iowa

The Jets have a sad sack of ass for targets, so that needs to be the focus. A Tight End is a best friend to a young QB, so I think Hock makes sense here.

11) Cincinnati Bengals - Drew Lock QB Missouri

I'm not buying that the Bengals are gonna ride with the ginger for long. He's hurt a lot and pretty limited and getting old. The Bengals are gonna hope they can get one good year from him to flip in 2020. New regime = new QB

12) Green Bay Packers - Rashan Gary DL Michigan

The Packers have added a lot in FA, but could still use an odd on DL.

13) New York Giants (f/MIA) - Daniel Jones QB Duke

The Giants will probably jack off allover Jones because he works with Eli. I don't think the Giants are going to let the Redskins pick a QB before them and the Dolphins will literally suck a cock for a draft choice. Giants send 17 and 95 to the Dolphins for 13.

14) Atlanta Falcons - Cody Ford OT Oklahoma

The Falcons grab a new Right Tackle.

15) Washington Redskins - AJ Brown WR Mississippi

The Redskins need some WR's, regardless of QB.

16) Carolina Panthers - Andre Dillard OT Washington State

Panthers gotta grab a LT prospect

17) Miami Dolphins (f/NYG) - Dalton Risner OT Kansas State

Risner is going to go higher than people think and the Dolphins have a massive hole at Right Tackle now.

18) Minnesota Vikings - Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College

The Vikings direly need some help at LG and Lindstrom is a plug and play 10 year plus guy there, so I don't think they give a fuck about the value. Trade down isn't likely or Lindstrom lasting till the next pick. If they're gonna reach, this is the fucking year for it.

19) Tennessee Titans - Noah Fant TE Iowa

Delanie Walker sucks so Fant makes a lot of sense.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers - Brian Burns OLB Florida State

The Steelers hate Dupree and can't wait to replace him.

21) Los Angeles Chargers (f/SEA) - Byron Murphy CB Washington

The Chargers feel they are really close and giving up a 3rd rounder to have top dibs on the CB's in the draft is a small cost. His long speed concerns will be minimal with the kind of system the Chargers run.

22) Baltimore Ravens - DK Metcalf WR Mississippi

The Ravens need a big fast WR that can high point some erratic QB passes and capable of run blocking well. Metcalf is that kind of player.

23) Houston Texans - Clelin Ferrell OLB Clemson

The Texans aren't showing a lot of interest in paying Clowney what he wants, so they should draft his replacement and trade him.

24) Oakland Raiders - Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

The Raiders aren't going to count on muscle hamster to be worth a fuck

25) Philadelphia Eagles - Devin Bush LB Michigan

The Eagles get a new MLB

26) Indianapolis Colts - DeAndre Baker CB Georgia

Baker is such a great fit for the Colts zone system

27) Arizona Cardinals (f/OAK) - Garrett Bradbury C North Carolina State

Center is a real weak link on the Cardinals Offensive Line

28) Seattle Seahawks - Jonah Williams OT Alabama

The Seahawks grab an upgrade from Ifedi.

29) Washington Redskins (f/KC) - Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

With talk of the Packers possibly grabbing a QB and the Patriots looking for a replacement for Tom Brady, the Redskins package 46 and 76 together to get their guy. The Chiefs have reportedly canned the draft party, so doesn't seem like they plan to make a choice at 29 one way or another.

A lot of talk of Haskins dropping lately, which is great news for teams towards the end of Round 1 looking to trade.

30) Green Bay Packers - Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma

Aaron loudly whined about his receivers and I'm sure it wasn't forgotten.

31) Cleveland Browns (f/LA Rams) - Greedy Williams CB LSU

The Browns want to put their finishing touches on the roster to win the North while the Rams need to move back and fill some holes. The Browns give 49 and 80 for 31 and now have a fucking stacked roster.

32) New England Patriots - Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame

The Patriots reload on the DLine.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:42 AM 04-19-2019
I haven't followed this draft much, but from what I've seen and know, I'd do everything I could to trade up for Clelin Ferrell. I think he'll go higher than people expect, though. MUCH higher than 23. He looks like the next Chandler Jones to me.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:46 AM 04-19-2019
As for this mock though, I'd SNAP take Hollywood at 29. He won't make it to us though. He's going way earlier. Think Ted Ginn draftday "huh." I'd even trade up for him, too, although not using a future 1st.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:57 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
As for this mock though, I'd SNAP take Hollywood at 29. He won't make it to us though. He's going way earlier. Think Ted Ginn draftday "huh." I'd even trade up for him, too, although not using a future 1st.
Lisfranc injuries for guys that depend on speed is a real gamble. I'd be very wary.
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If both Greedy and Tillery were on the board at 29 and the Chiefs traded back I'd be sad.
They seem pretty high on Nnadi. I don't know.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:10 AM 04-19-2019
I’m high on Nnadi too, but I’d still take Tillery. Jones/Nnadi/Tillery would be a great group of interior DL. Jones and Tillery can both line up at DE, so you can still get all 3 on the field a ton.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:19 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Lisfranc injuries for guys that depend on speed is a real gamble. I'd be very wary.

They seem pretty high on Nnadi. I don't know.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m high on Nnadi too, but I’d still take Tillery. Jones/Nnadi/Tillery would be a great group of interior DL. Jones and Tillery can both line up at DE, so you can still get all 3 on the field a ton.
Exactly what Staylor says, taking Tillery would not be a knock on Nnadi at all. It would be about taking a guy who's probably going to be a beast, even if it's not a position of need right now, and then having options of how you deploy these guys.

I'd be much happier with the guys at edge if we had a pair of pass rushers up the middle, and it's not like we have any DT's currently signed for 2020 apart from Nnadi anyway.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:49 AM 04-19-2019
Chris Jones isn't going anywhere for a long time. I don't know if I'm sold on DT being a first round pick with the starters seemingly in place, but I wouldn't rule it out if they're locked in to 29 and going elsewhere would be a reach.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:44 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I agree with this. I think you could add Dexter Lawrence and have a similar scenario. Just Jones sliding out to DE some.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:48 AM 04-19-2019
I'd be surprised if Dexter made it to us with how many 3-4 teams are in the late teens, early 20's and teams like the Seahawks would definitely make use of him.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:49 AM 04-19-2019
i dont want to slide jones out to DE though, he wrecked from an interior dline position which is the hardest area to create pressure why would you want to take that away?
[Reply]
Coogs 09:10 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i dont want to slide jones out to DE though, he wrecked from an interior dline position which is the hardest area to create pressure why would you want to take that away?
I don't on an every down basis. An interior 3 man rotation of Nnadi, Jones, and Tillery/Lawrence keeps us solid in the middle against the run, and can collapse the pocket. Just having the ability to slide Jones out to the end on a few plays if necessary is okay too.

EDIT: FWIW, this is just guys he has available at 29 that I don't think would be there at 46. Brown, Williams, Tillery, Lawrence. I think I would even add Adderley. These are all guys who could help our team who wouldn't probably make it to pick 46.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:39 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah we're not saying change his position, we're saying a pass rushing set of Jones and Tillery inside, a base set of Jones and Nnadi and then some exotic sets with all 3 on the field.

Gotta have a rotation in there to keep everyone fresh.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 04-19-2019
The amount of different defensive line variations would be crazy with Tillery, Jones, Nnadi, Speaks, Okafor and Ogbah.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:29 PM 04-19-2019
Charles Robinson says one team has Daniel Jones as their #1 QB, and that we all should know who it is. AKA the Giants.

Could be the pick at 6 if they don’t trade down or up from 17.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:43 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Charles Robinson says one team has Daniel Jones as their #1 QB, and that we all should know who it is. AKA the Giants.

Could be the pick at 6 if they don’t trade down or up from 17.
Or maybe they'll be looking to trade back into the end of the 1st round.

I don't think I'd have a problem if they threw us #37 and #95 to move back 8 spots.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:52 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Or maybe they'll be looking to trade back into the end of the 1st round.

I don't think I'd have a problem if they threw us #37 and #95 to move back 8 spots.
I’ve watched and listened to a lot of stuff the past few days—sounds like Jones is looked at fondly amongst several FOs and is likely going in the top 15, possibly before Lock and maybe even Haskins.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up