ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Zach Allen DE Boston College
O.city 10:05 AM 03-29-2019
Have seen some stuff on twitter about him being the Chiefs pick at 29 if they stay there.

That doesn't seem ideal to me. Thoughts?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Curious how many people who'd be pissed about Bradbury at 29 would be fine with this pick because "We need to rebuild the defense..."

Zach Allen at 29 would be a garbage pick. There are literally 20 players like him in this draft. He's fine. He's a solid prospect.

And so are a dozen other guys that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.

He'd be the reachiest of reachy need picks and an AWFUL decision.

"But muh defense!!!!"
I tend to agree here. Allen is not a 1st rd caliber player and anyone who takes him there will be reaching.

We’re in that soft spot of the draft where the 1st rd caliber players are few and far between, so I expect Veach to move up for a difference maker rather than sit and settle.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:59 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think this guy is a top half of the 2nd kind of guy, rather than a first rounder. It would be a reach but not a ridiculous one.

I'd still rather have Jaylon Ferguson (in general, not specifically in the 1st)
I think Ferguson's comparable to young Hali with better length but still kind of raw. Like Hali, I think he's a nice complimentary piece but not 'the' dominant guy at the NFL level.

Omenihu has those long arms that really keep guys off him. I think that'll help him against the run as well. He's got good hands, too.

Allen as a poor man's Watt? Well, when Watt was healthy he was THE dominant defensive lineman in football. I think you can use Allen inside or outside. Allen looks more violent on film than Omenihu; more physical. Different styles, similar results.

I suppose all three of these guys are 'complimentary pieces'. But any and all would be solid choices given where we pick in either the first or second. Personally, I think one and perhaps two of them will be there at #61 and we should go corner or safety at #29.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 03-30-2019
I love Allen in the 2nd just like Omenihu, but I don’t think I’m going that way in the 1st. Winovich and Polite would be good picks in the 2nd too. Someone will make it to us. Get somebody like Adderley or Bradbury in the 1st and see what pass rushers, corners, and linebackers fall in day 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love Allen in the 2nd just like Omenihu, but I don’t think I’m going that way in the 1st. Winovich and Polite would be good picks in the 2nd too. Someone will make it to us. Get somebody like Adderley or Bradbury in the 1st and see what pass rushers, corners, and linebackers fall in day 2.
I’m in full agreement, but we all know Veach. The guy is gonna trade up for somebody.

He’s an aggressive guy and it’s hard to think he loaded up on 2nd rd picks to sit still.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m in full agreement, but we all know Veach. The guy is gonna trade up for somebody.

He’s an aggressive guy and it’s hard to think he loaded up on 2nd rd picks to sit still.
You’re probably right.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:27 PM 03-30-2019
I like Allen and would be more than fine with the pick. He's a really good football player. He definitely fits more in that lde role, but he can move around. He's everything most people want to think Omenihu is (but Omenihu isn't even close to being).
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 AM 04-03-2019
I don’t get the love for Allen. He’s a good run stuffer with a motor, but his pass rushing skills aren’t exactly first rd caliber.

I’ve watched him and just don’t think he uses his hands or has enough moves to be a top end rusher.

Fine with him in rd 2 though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t get the love for Allen. He’s a good run stuffer with a motor, but his pass rushing skills aren’t exactly first rd caliber.

I’ve watched him and just don’t think he uses his hands or has enough moves to be a top end rusher.

Fine with him in rd 2 though.
He graded out at 90. something as a pass rusher last year. Previous seasons was higher as a run stuffer. so the pass rush part of his game would appear to be later developing.

I think he and Winovich are pretty much the same guy at this stage of development.

I think he's round 2 material, but you might have to take him at #29 if you want him due to the fact that there are only a couple of guys at that size that fit this scheme (if we're judging by the Okafor/Ogbah signings).

I like both of those guys a little better than Omenihu and then a bit more than Ferguson.

i also wouldn't rule out a Christian Wilkins or Jerry Tillery should one of those guys fall. The interior pass rush would be fierce.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:07 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If Veach can't get Ferrell or Sweat it's going to be Omenihu IMO. In all intents and purposes he's player archetype Brett/Spags want at DE. The question is how obsessive Veach is to obtain Omenihu if said players are gone.
I think we would have to get to #12 to get Ferrell. Miami needs a replacement for Robert Quinn.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:41 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I think we would have to get to #12 to get Ferrell. Miami needs a replacement for Robert Quinn.
I would be amazed if Ferrell went in the top 15.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up