ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2019 Draft Ranking for Positions
chiefforlife 01:45 PM 03-25-2019
Not a good year to try for a CB1 or Safety. Makes DJLN's pick of a center sound even better...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...est-to-weakest
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That probably right.

That's why I wouldn't be upset with the Bradburry in the first pick if they thought he was more than just a starter. If he's on the board and they have him as a blue chip prospect, go for it.

If you can have that and 2 starters with those 2nd round picks, you're sitting pretty damn good.
Exactly. That's why even though I want a CB AND a safety, I'm not dead set on it in round 1.

They could get a guy like Bradbury and still get a potential starting DE as well as a potential starting DB.

There's plenty of options in this draft. It's a deep one.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:55 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That doesn't make it a bad class for finding a starter, though. It just makes it harder because there's no real "can't miss" prospects, as if such a thing exists anyway.
This class is balls for finding someone you'd feel comfortable starting as your #1 corner anytime soon.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:59 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This class is balls for finding someone you'd feel comfortable starting as your #1 corner anytime soon.
Why does that have to be the freaking bar? They're picking at the end of every round - they weren't going to get a blue chip prospect anyway.

This draft is deep enough there's a half dozen guys that could be solid #2's with #1 upside available where the Chiefs pick at the end of the 2nd.

Even if this class had 2 or 3 Deion Sanders' in it, they aren't falling to the Chiefs, so I'm not sure why you're even arguing about it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:04 PM 03-26-2019
Why does that have to be the freaking bar? They're picking at the end of every round - they weren't going to get a blue chip prospect anyway.

This draft is deep enough there's a half dozen guys that could be solid #2's with #1 upside available where the Chiefs pick at the end of the 2nd.

Even if this class had 2 or 3 Deion Sanders' in it, they aren't falling to the Chiefs, so I'm not sure why you're even arguing about it.
What the fuck are you talking about :-)

Dude, seriously, come on. There is no clear consensus #1 corner and the one that is being talked up like the #1 corner had a drill so bad, his agent told him to quit before it was over.

You don't need a Jalen Ramsey or a Deion Sanders to have a great class, but you need some guys that have strong first round grades. None of these guys can separate from the pack in a class that has nothing on the top end.

Draft positioning is fucking irrelevant because they're still standing around with dicks in hand even with a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 03-26-2019
This draft is definitely deep, but I'm beginning to think it's talked about that way because everyone is the same.

There are quite a few good players and some may develop into elite guys, especially guys at the top. Ideally the Chiefs can acquire a couple nice starters.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 03-26-2019
What the fuck are you talking about :-)

Dude, seriously, come on. There is no clear consensus #1 corner and the one that is being talked up like the #1 corner had a drill so bad, his agent told him to quit before it was over.

You don't need a Jalen Ramsey or a Deion Sanders to have a great class, but you need some guys that have strong first round grades. None of these guys can separate from the pack in a class that has nothing on the top end.

Draft positioning is fucking irrelevant because they're still standing around with dicks in hand even with a top 10 pick.
You're arguing something completely different.

The OP said it was a bad year to find a CB1. No, it isn't. It's just HARDER. At least one of these guys will eventually be really good. It just isn't clear who it is.

Furthermore, there are people talking about how STRONG the IOL class is in comparison to the CB's. Know how many IOL have a clear first round grade?

Oh that's right, none.

Nobody here is arguing that this is a GOOD CB class. It's not. However, it IS very deep and the idea that there's nobody worth drafting is absolutely FALSE.
[Reply]
O.city 01:16 PM 03-26-2019
I don't think anyone in this class ever develops into a true #1 guy. The physical attributes just aren't there for any of them. It's a bad year to be in the top of the draft needing a legit corner that can come in right away and be the guy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:22 PM 03-26-2019
You're arguing something completely different.

The OP said it was a bad year to find a CB1. No, it isn't. It's just HARDER. At least one of these guys will eventually be really good. It just isn't clear who it is.

Furthermore, there are people talking about how STRONG the IOL class is in comparison to the CB's. Know how many IOL have a clear first round grade?

Oh that's right, none.

Nobody here is arguing that this is a GOOD CB class. It's not. However, it IS very deep and the idea that there's nobody worth drafting is absolutely FALSE.
I think you're taking a bad class and somehow twisting it into nobody is worth drafting, which is an odd way of taking it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 03-26-2019
I think you're taking a bad class and somehow twisting it into nobody is worth drafting, which is an odd way of taking it.
The OP said, and I quote, "Not a good year to try for a CB1 or Safety."

That's simply not true.

No year is a bad year to TRY, some years are just harder than others. That's why GMs and head coaches make millions.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:45 PM 03-26-2019
The OP said, and I quote, "Not a good year to try for a CB1 or Safety."

That's simply not true.

No year is a bad year to TRY, some years are just harder than others. That's why GMs and head coaches make millions.
Try reading it again.

Originally Posted by :
7) Safety: This group gets off to a slow start, considering it is missing anyone like Derwin James, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker or Keanu Neal. However, from the early-second until the fourth or fifth round, there is pretty good quality and depth. This safety class has several players offering diversity or "big nickel" potential. There are some smaller safeties, like Jaquan Johnson, who are just good football players. With potential corner-to-safety transitions, this group becomes even deeper.
That's accurate.

And it's not a great year to be looking for a #1 corner. He's just not wrong.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up