ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Calling all Scouts: Tell me about the top Safety prospects.
Mr_Tomahawk 10:39 PM 03-13-2019
Now that we no longer have Berry, I hope we spend 1 of our top 3 picks on a ball hawk safety.

So all the armchair scouts in here; give me a quick overview of the top safeties in this class that could go in the first two rounds.

And who would you compare them to in the NFL? (Past or Present)

Any Ed Reeds in this class or absolute ballhawks?

Thank you.
[Reply]
Munson 06:16 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why aren't we higher on Darnell Savage?
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who’s we? I’ve been pimping Savage for a while.
Looks like the difference maker we sorely need.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 AM 03-23-2019
Savage doesn't have the range you'd think, considering his speed. He plays better closer to the line of scrimmage even though he's a little on the smaller side.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:25 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Savage doesn't have the range you'd think, considering his speed. He plays better closer to the line of scrimmage even though he's a little on the smaller side.
Unless you're comfortable with his ability to spend 50% of the time as an over the top safety I don't think so.

HB can do either, but his best work is in the SS/robber role. So another guy like Rapp or Thornhill would be a nice chess piece.

OR, a true FS like Adderley. There is less flexibility there, though. But it would be just flat out awesome and sometimes you can just be BETTER than everyone else.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 04:17 PM 03-23-2019
I'm not a big fan of Rapp. I think at the next level he's more of a pure SS type. I don't see him with the athleticism to play center field.

Thornhill is my guy at safety and I'm hopeful he's sitting there for us at 61, but I doubt it.

Of three I think Adderley is a pure FS, Rapp will end up being more of a box safety, and Thornhill will end up being the most versatile + have the highest upside.
[Reply]
O.city 04:21 PM 03-23-2019
I’d rwther have the guy that can play pure cf like Adderley

Those ss box guys are available everywhere and every year
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:48 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d rwther have the guy that can play pure cf like Adderley

Those ss box guys are available everywhere and every year
y'all keep saying that and yet...it's not true. You guys act like it's an easy position or something and somehow FS is harder.

It's a different skillset; but it's neither less valuable or less difficult.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 05:01 PM 03-23-2019
Adderley ran a 4.54 at his pro day this week, but pulled up with a hammy injury.

It sounds like the rest of his day went really well though.

I wish he would've put up a faster time...especially after not being able to run at the combine because of his ankle.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:43 PM 03-23-2019
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson no matter what
[Reply]
O.city 05:43 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
y'all keep saying that and yet...it's not true. You guys act like it's an easy position or something and somehow FS is harder.

It's a different skillset; but it's neither less valuable or less difficult.
Finding a legit center fielder who can create big plays is harder to find that a box safety. I don’t really how that’s inarguable.

A guy like Earl Thomas in his prime is a hell of a lot harder to find than Landon Collins
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 06:08 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Adderley ran a 4.54 at his pro day this week, but pulled up with a hammy injury.

It sounds like the rest of his day went really well though.

I wish he would've put up a faster time...especially after not being able to run at the combine because of his ankle.
If Veach and the gang like him, this really should make him available at their pick. Some mocks started having him go prior to KC's pick.

He's one you really have to go on tape with now since he had no positional workouts. Makes it rough for him since his tape is against the competition it is with.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:19 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson no matter what
Yeah I'm really surprised this isn't the default answer.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:27 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah I'm really surprised this isn't the default answer.
I think more are catching on to him. I’ve seen some fairly reputable draft analysts mock him at the bottom of the 1st to within the first 7-8 picks of the 2nd.

He’s the total package. There is no overt weakness to his game. He checks all the boxes you want, and is arguably the most scheme diverse athlete in this safety class.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:55 AM 03-25-2019
im starting to get off the adderley train and jump on the chauncey gardner johnson one
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
im starting to get off the adderley train and jump on the chauncey gardner johnson one
I love Adderley as a FS prospect but for the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking the team needs to look at somebody that can truly compliment Mathieu.

By that I mean a guy that's just as versatile. If you go Adderley, you potentially get your single high safety but does that actually limit what you can do with Mathieu?

A guy like CGJ might actually be a better fit because he can potentially do all the things HB can do and you can move them all over the field to create confusion and mismatches.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:01 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love Adderley as a FS prospect but for the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking the team needs to look at somebody that can truly compliment Mathieu.

By that I mean a guy that's just as versatile. If you go Adderley, you potentially get your single high safety but does that actually limit what you can do with Mathieu?

A guy like CGJ might actually be a better fit because he can potentially do all the things HB can do and you can move them all over the field to create confusion and mismatches.
These have been my feelings too.

I think it's why I'm warming up to Johnathan Abram, Juan Thornhill, and CGJ being a better fit for us than Adderley.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up